• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,817 posts in this topic

Ahh, so the seller is known.

Even if he/she grades perfectly, that price is amazing.

That was the only auction listed for Hellblazer 1 for a period of a few days, there were no other copies to bid on. Timed with the release of the Constantine trailer and that is the result.

I would imagine there won't be very much bidding between now and the end of the auction seeing as how other copies, in better condition and with low starting prices, are starting to get listed.

Why so many different eBay accounts? Is there a benefit I'm missing?

Well, each account (in theory) caters to a different target collecting group. I have another account that sells nothing but non-Marvel/DC GA and SA books (Dell / Charlton / Gold Key / Disney / Funny animal, etc.) that surprisingly does really well.

Interesting approach.

I buy cheap bronze mid-grade readers from MCS all the time. (shrug)

Although, their prices on the stuff I'm looking for seems to be creeping upwards. :(

People buy "cheap bronze mid-grade readers"??? :baiting:

(shrug)

More Hellblazer #1 madness:

Hellblazer #1 FN 6.0 for $54 doh!

Hellblazer #1 VG+ 4.5 for $43 doh! doh!

This is the one that has me scratching my head:

Hellblazer 1 FN+ -- $50

Fine Plus condition; no name recognition (at least to me) like MCS or Sparkle.

Nice. I picked up another copy my LCS put up on the wall last week at $20.

Edited by kimik

Moral of the story: don't buy MCS stuff off Ebay without FIRST seeing if it's available directly....

There is never something in our eBay store that isn't also for sale on our web site--all our eBay listings are also on our web site. And yes, our prices on eBay are bumped up some to take into consideration eBay's fees, so prices will generally be around 9-10% lower on our site than in our eBay listings.

Why all the attention on HB #1 and not SST #37? It is the first appearance of John Constantine after all.

Thats whats frying my brain. A 9.6 of his first appearance is only going 20-40 bucks more....GRADED!!! What the fudge???

Why all the attention on HB #1 and not SST #37? It is the first appearance of John Constantine after all.

That just shows you the level of sophistication of those folks chasing raw copies of Hellblazer # 1 into the stratosphere. It's like wanting a Punisher Limited Series # 1 over ASM 129.

Really only in the last month or two has HB really taken off....SST #37 has been on people's radar for a long time. Also I think a #1 on a series that ran for 300 issues would have something to do with it too.