• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,820 posts in this topic

Everyone knows it's the 1st black costume in the title - it's on every CGC label. meh

Go back under your bridge troll. lol

That's not what your listing said. You are purposefully deceiving people. I wonder if you've always been this way and I jus never noticed it. I used to think you were a boardie with integrity. Now I don't see any. Purposefully overgrazing and now outright lying.

He did something similar with his Alpha Flight #17 sale. Described it as "First appearance of Big Hero Six" in big bold copy, and then formatted less prominently in the paragraph following it "by their creators," as if the first work by a creative team that's not an actual first appearance is something that collectors care about. Clearly intended to deceive people into thinking that it was the first appearance of Big Hero Six.

Most people know what they are buying, you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You can't do anything about who writes what on their auctions, the buyer needs to understand what they are buying. It really has no effect on you on, so why not just worry about yourself? I'm not in Divad's corner since i've had beef with him in the past but people on here are splitting hairs on his product descriptions about what is "exactly correct to a tee" needs to stop, try going outside for a walk, get some exercise since I know most of you people could use it.

Maybe the buyer should be cognizant of what they're buying, but that doesn't absolve his responsibility. How would you feel if a parent or relative of yours got fleeced from a greasy salesman? What he's doing is dishonest, plain and simple.

Again, it doesn't relate to you. eBay does have a return policy and even some sellers don't know everything. I think you guys are just tired of seeing him post his auction results in the thread, well...I'm tired of reading off topic nonsense like this in the thread.

Maybe you should call the eBay police and tell them you don't agree with his comic descriptions, besides, most people don't even read them anyway, they just hit the BIN/Bid button. If the buyer buys it and is happy with it, then who is he hurting? You? The collector sitting on his over weight rear end at the comic store playing magic cards with teenagers? The guy down the street?

Ever think the buyer knows and actually wants the issue? Maybe he's trying to put an Alpha Flight run together? Maybe he's trying to grab all the Big Hero 6 appearances...You're not the buyer and you're not a mind reader and that goes for anyone complaining about someone's auction trying to sell a book, you don't know the buyer's intent. Plain and simple.

And to answer your question about my parents or one of my relatives being taken advantage of "greasy salesman" I'd laugh at them for being so stupid and not doing your research beforehand.

I work in the trading division of an investment firm of 39 billion AUM, I couldn't care less about a guy making $10-15 on a comic book. What's he doing is sleazy, if you want to hang out with this clown be my guest.

I have to be honest here bud, other than the grammar police nothing irks me more than those who brag about their job in investments or stocks in a comic book forum.

That's funny, because nothing irks me more than others telling people what irks them on a comic book forum :)

Nothing irks me more than telling people who tell others they irk them about their irking and when it irks...wait...

hm

To be fair, what really irks me is when noobs try to tell other people on here how to act....but I didn't want to be mean to the n00b.

That's not what your listing said. You are purposefully deceiving people. I wonder if you've always been this way and I jus never noticed it. I used to think you were a boardie with integrity. Now I don't see any. Purposefully overgrazing and now outright lying.

He did something similar with his Alpha Flight #17 sale. Described it as "First appearance of Big Hero Six" in big bold copy, and then formatted less prominently in the paragraph following it "by their creators," as if the first work by a creative team that's not an actual first appearance is something that collectors care about. Clearly intended to deceive people into thinking that it was the first appearance of Big Hero Six.

Most people know what they are buying, you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You can't do anything about who writes what on their auctions, the buyer needs to understand what they are buying. It really has no effect on you on, so why not just worry about yourself? I'm not in Divad's corner since i've had beef with him in the past but people on here are splitting hairs on his product descriptions about what is "exactly correct to a tee" needs to stop, try going outside for a walk, get some exercise since I know most of you people could use it.

Maybe the buyer should be cognizant of what they're buying, but that doesn't absolve his responsibility. How would you feel if a parent or relative of yours got fleeced from a greasy salesman? What he's doing is dishonest, plain and simple.

Again, it doesn't relate to you. eBay does have a return policy and even some sellers don't know everything. I think you guys are just tired of seeing him post his auction results in the thread, well...I'm tired of reading off topic nonsense like this in the thread.

Maybe you should call the eBay police and tell them you don't agree with his comic descriptions, besides, most people don't even read them anyway, they just hit the BIN/Bid button. If the buyer buys it and is happy with it, then who is he hurting? You? The collector sitting on his over weight rear end at the comic store playing magic cards with teenagers? The guy down the street?

Ever think the buyer knows and actually wants the issue? Maybe he's trying to put an Alpha Flight run together? Maybe he's trying to grab all the Big Hero 6 appearances...You're not the buyer and you're not a mind reader and that goes for anyone complaining about someone's auction trying to sell a book, you don't know the buyer's intent. Plain and simple.

And to answer your question about my parents or one of my relatives being taken advantage of "greasy salesman" I'd laugh at them for being so stupid and not doing your research beforehand.

I work in the trading division of an investment firm of 39 billion AUM, I couldn't care less about a guy making $10-15 on a comic book. What's he doing is sleazy, if you want to hang out with this clown be my guest.

I have to be honest here bud, other than the grammar police nothing irks me more than those who brag about their job in investments or stocks in a comic book forum.

That's funny, because nothing irks me more than others telling people what irks them on a comic book forum :)

Nothing irks me more than telling people who tell others they irk them about their irking and when it irks...wait...

hm

To be fair, what really irks me is when noobs try to tell other people on here how to act....but I didn't want to be mean to the n00b.

Damn newbs!

:sumo:

Everyone knows it's the 1st black costume in the title - it's on every CGC label. meh

hm

The noobs should be getting a knock on the door soon...

ih7bxu.png

You must be a real joy around the dinner table at Thanksgiving lol

I bet he still has to sit at the kiddie-table.

-slym

And I bet you have to squat to pee.

lol

Sorry that was funny.

In relation to Amazing Spidey 252, I believe Spectacular Spiderman 90 is an undervalued book.Same goes for Marvel Team Up 141, comparatively speaking.

ASAIK, they all tie for the 1st app. of the symbiote costume but Amazing is a core Spidey title so it garners more attention than SSM 90 and MTU 141.

As the next Spidey movie approaches, I think the latter two will increase in dollar value more than ASM 252 will pick up as they can still be had considerably cheaper than ASM 252.

Secondly.....

Alpha Flight #17 is the 1st full app. of Big Hero 6 and Alpha Flight #16 is a cameo app, not a full app.

Considering the success of the movie at the box office, I strongly believe that Disney will put out a sequel and when the sequel is announced , look for these 2 books in 9.6 and 9.8 to only get stronger.

All that said, and with all due respect, I am not sure what your point is.

hm

But let's also be fair and say that sometimes noobs are the ones who are correct and long standing board members are sometimes full of doo-doo. :/

In relation to Amazing Spidey 252, I believe Spectacular Spiderman 90 is an undervalued book.Same goes for Marvel Team Up 141, comparatively speaking.

ASAIK, they all tie for the 1st app. of the symbiote costume but Amazing is a core Spidey title so it garners more attention than SSM 90 and MTU 141.

As the next Spidey movie approaches, I think the latter two will increase in dollar value more than ASM 252 will pick up as they can still be had considerably cheaper than ASM 252.

Secondly.....

Alpha Flight #17 is the 1st full app. of Big Hero 6 and Alpha Flight #16 is a cameo app, not a full app.

Considering the success of the movie at the box office, I strongly believe that Disney will put out a sequel and when the sequel is announced , look for these 2 books in 9.6 and 9.8 to only get stronger.

It's true that ASM is the flagship Spidey title, but ASM 252 also came out weeks before the others and is the only true first appearance of the black costume.

As far as BH6 appearances, I thought their first (full) appearance was in their own title due to a delay (at Marvel? Shocking!) in the release of AF 17.

Secondly.....

It's true that ASM is the flagship Spidey title, but ASM 252 also came out weeks before the others and is the only true first appearance of the black costume.

As far as BH6 appearances, I thought their first (full) appearance was in their own title due to a delay (at Marvel? Shocking!) in the release of AF 17.

Yeah. Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1 and #2 actually came out in the 2 months prior to Alpha Flight V2 #17. My understanding is AF #17 was intended to be their first appearance but was delayed for some reason. So I think Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1 is considered their actual first appearance.

hm

But let's also be fair and say that sometimes noobs are the ones who are correct and long standing board members are sometimes full of doo-doo. :/

11,000 posts, 40,000 posts? Whatever the total may be it in no way illustrates a broad knowledge of comics. It does however expose one's enormous amount of free time.

I did not know about the release dates, as you explained, , thanks for the low down.

...however, that said, I think an arguement can be justly made for AF 17 being the 1st app of Big Hero 6.

The cover of AF # 17 , as you likely know, has a caption, boldly stating "Introducing Big Hero 6"....

I have not read AF # 17 nor have I read Sunfire & Big Hero 6 # 1 or # 2 but it sounds like, story continuity wise, their first story was told in AF 17, then the events in Sunfire and Big Hero 6 # 1, and 2 directly followed the events in AF 17.

Have you read the books?

It sounds like the only reason AF 17 would not be considered their 1st app is because there was a delay in the publishing date.

Story continuity is the definitive word though, I believe...and not an error made in publishing dates so I am inclined to rationally think that AF 17 is their true first app.

I did not know about the release dates, as you explained, , thanks for the low down.

...however, that said, I think an arguement can be justly made for AF 17 being the 1st app of Big Hero 6.

The cover of AF # 17 , as you likely know, has a caption, boldly stating "Introducing Big Hero 6"....

I have not read AF # 17 nor have I read Sunfire & Big Hero 6 # 1 or # 2 but it sounds like, story continuity wise, their first story was told in AF 17, then the events in Sunfire and Big Hero 6 # 1, and 2 directly followed the events in AF 17.

Have you read the books?

It sounds like the only reason AF 17 would not be considered their 1st app is because there was a delay in the publishing date.

Story continuity is the definitive word though, I believe...and not an error made in publishing dates so I am inclined to rationally think that AF 17 is their true first app.

Are we about to see an argument start up again concerning this? :facepalm: CopperAgeKids, there is a thread that discussed this very topic in the past 3 or 4 months over in the Modern Comics section of these boards.

Batman 404 is the 1st appearance of Batman. Story wise, it comes before Detective Comics 27.

Edited by rjrjr

How is this even an argument?

The first appearance in a comic is exactly that. The first time we see that character in a comic that was published and available.

How on earth would story line continuity be anything? What about origin stories that are published later? Or flashbacks of the same story of the first app?

11,000 posts, 40,000 posts? Whatever the total may be it in no way illustrates a broad knowledge of comics.

That's true. Post count does not illustrate a broad knowledge of comics. A broad knowledge of comics illustrates a broad knowledge of comics.

However...

Having a high post count generally demonstrates participation, and regardless of who you are, or where you post, when you come into a new community as a newb, you learn the culture and earn the respect of the people who came before you prior to presuming to tell others how they should post.

It does however expose one's enormous amount of free time.

Really? 40,000 posts in 10 years = 4,000 posts a year = 11 or so posts a day.

Not all that much free time required.

11,000 posts, 40,000 posts? Whatever the total may be it in no way illustrates a broad knowledge of comics.

That's true. Post count does not illustrate a broad knowledge of comics. A broad knowledge of comics illustrates a broad knowledge of comics.

However...

Having a high post count generally demonstrates participation, and regardless of who you are, or where you post, when you come into a new community as a newb, you learn the culture and earn the respect of the people who came before you prior to presuming to tell others how they should post.

I post maybe once a day and have been for a couple years, that hardly qualifies me a new. 11 posts a day is cool but if you want to post in a meaningful way that amount of posts takes up too much time. To be fair it takes about ten minutes to learn the culture here and respecting people just because they have posted a lot makes no sense but I will not dribble on and on because inevitably I will get someone complaining that this is a copper heating up thread and that's fair.

Edited by MrWeen

If you just use emoticons it is easy to do 11 posts a minute. lol