• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I did not know about the release dates, as you explained, , thanks for the low down.

...however, that said, I think an arguement can be justly made for AF 17 being the 1st app of Big Hero 6.

The cover of AF # 17 , as you likely know, has a caption, boldly stating "Introducing Big Hero 6"....

I have not read AF # 17 nor have I read Sunfire & Big Hero 6 # 1 or # 2 but it sounds like, story continuity wise, their first story was told in AF 17, then the events in Sunfire and Big Hero 6 # 1, and 2 directly followed the events in AF 17.

Have you read the books?

It sounds like the only reason AF 17 would not be considered their 1st app is because there was a delay in the publishing date.

Story continuity is the definitive word though, I believe...and not an error made in publishing dates so I am inclined to rationally think that AF 17 is their true first app.

The Cliff's Notes version of the discussion of the first appearance of Big Hero Six from the thread dedicated to that group:

The creative team of Alpha Flight had an idea for a bunch of new characters to appear in that book a few issues down the line.

The higher-ups in editorial liked the idea and decided they wanted to do a mini-series with the characters.

The creative team of Alpha Flight did not have time in their schedules to work on the mini-series, so the book was given to another creative team.

The first few issues of Sunfire & Big Hero Six were published.

Later, the issues of Alpha Flight (the issue with the cameo and the full appearance) were published that included those characters, on time, without delays, when those issues were intended to be released according to the publishing schedule, after Sunfire & Big Hero Six.

Years pass during which no one cares about the characters and Disney buys Marvel.

Disney announces the Big Hero Six movie.

A thread starts here that includes a discussion of the first appearance.

Divad sells an issue of Alpha Flight with a description that clearly designed to inflate the importance of the issue.

Very, very well done sir! Short, sweet and to the point. Now, which one do I speculate on again hm

:grin:

The issue of Marvel Vision that has an advance promo.

Everyone knows it's the 1st black costume in the title - it's on every CGC label. meh

Go back under your bridge troll. lol

That's not what your listing said. You are purposefully deceiving people. I wonder if you've always been this way and I jus never noticed it. I used to think you were a boardie with integrity. Now I don't see any. Purposefully overgrazing and now outright lying.

He did something similar with his Alpha Flight #17 sale. Described it as "First appearance of Big Hero Six" in big bold copy, and then formatted less prominently in the paragraph following it "by their creators," as if the first work by a creative team that's not an actual first appearance is something that collectors care about. Clearly intended to deceive people into thinking that it was the first appearance of Big Hero Six.

Most people know what they are buying, you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You can't do anything about who writes what on their auctions, the buyer needs to understand what they are buying. It really has no effect on you on, so why not just worry about yourself? I'm not in Divad's corner since i've had beef with him in the past but people on here are splitting hairs on his product descriptions about what is "exactly correct to a tee" needs to stop, try going outside for a walk, get some exercise since I know most of you people could use it.

Maybe the buyer should be cognizant of what they're buying, but that doesn't absolve his responsibility. How would you feel if a parent or relative of yours got fleeced from a greasy salesman? What he's doing is dishonest, plain and simple.

Again, it doesn't relate to you. eBay does have a return policy and even some sellers don't know everything. I think you guys are just tired of seeing him post his auction results in the thread, well...I'm tired of reading off topic nonsense like this in the thread.

Maybe you should call the eBay police and tell them you don't agree with his comic descriptions, besides, most people don't even read them anyway, they just hit the BIN/Bid button. If the buyer buys it and is happy with it, then who is he hurting? You? The collector sitting on his over weight rear end at the comic store playing magic cards with teenagers? The guy down the street?

Ever think the buyer knows and actually wants the issue? Maybe he's trying to put an Alpha Flight run together? Maybe he's trying to grab all the Big Hero 6 appearances...You're not the buyer and you're not a mind reader and that goes for anyone complaining about someone's auction trying to sell a book, you don't know the buyer's intent. Plain and simple.

And to answer your question about my parents or one of my relatives being taken advantage of "greasy salesman" I'd laugh at them for being so stupid and not doing your research beforehand.

I work in the trading division of an investment firm of 39 billion AUM, I couldn't care less about a guy making $10-15 on a comic book. What's he doing is sleazy, if you want to hang out with this clown be my guest.

Rather hang out with you!

I don't think what he's doing is sleazy at all, I do however think that bringing up what you do for a living out of the blue is pretty sleazy in itself, Doesn't matter how much the company you work for is worth, it's pointless and irrelevant to the discussion and brings nothing to the table other than your inflated ego.

I'm a busy guy, I didn't get past the first sentence in your rambling. So I threw in a quick summary....

I did not know about the release dates, as you explained, , thanks for the low down.

...however, that said, I think an arguement can be justly made for AF 17 being the 1st app of Big Hero 6.

The cover of AF # 17 , as you likely know, has a caption, boldly stating "Introducing Big Hero 6"....

I have not read AF # 17 nor have I read Sunfire & Big Hero 6 # 1 or # 2 but it sounds like, story continuity wise, their first story was told in AF 17, then the events in Sunfire and Big Hero 6 # 1, and 2 directly followed the events in AF 17.

Have you read the books?

It sounds like the only reason AF 17 would not be considered their 1st app is because there was a delay in the publishing date.

Story continuity is the definitive word though, I believe...and not an error made in publishing dates so I am inclined to rationally think that AF 17 is their true first app.

The Cliff's Notes version of the discussion of the first appearance of Big Hero Six from the thread dedicated to that group:

The creative team of Alpha Flight had an idea for a bunch of new characters to appear in that book a few issues down the line.

The higher-ups in editorial liked the idea and decided they wanted to do a mini-series with the characters.

The creative team of Alpha Flight did not have time in their schedules to work on the mini-series, so the book was given to another creative team.

The first few issues of Sunfire & Big Hero Six were published.

Later, the issues of Alpha Flight (the issue with the cameo and the full appearance) were published that included those characters, on time, without delays, when those issues were intended to be released according to the publishing schedule, after Sunfire & Big Hero Six.

Years pass during which no one cares about the characters and Disney buys Marvel.

Disney announces the Big Hero Six movie.

A thread starts here that includes a discussion of the first appearance.

Divad sells an issue of Alpha Flight with a description that clearly designed to inflate the importance of the issue.

Very, very well done sir! Short, sweet and to the point. Now, which one do I speculate on again hm

:grin:

The issue of Marvel Vision that has an advance promo.

Bah! I will forego all previously provided excellent information and buy a 1st edition Blu-ray of BH6 upon release. Then I'll know that I have their first appearance in a movie. :)

Right?

This pick isn't heating up quite yet but I think it will....

Figuring that a Preacher # 1 Preview in 9.8 is good for $800+ with Preacher #1 in 9.8 slightly under that figure and with the recent confirmation that Preacher is definitely confirmed with AMC...I think Direct Currents # 85 has some good potential as the underlooked Preacher preview, as it predates all other Preacher books.

Raw copies sell for around $30 now.

I bought a copy off eBay a couple days ago for $15, the pictures look like a VF+ but for some reason the seller called it a "GD 2.0", which by judging the pictures, was a mistake.

I have another copy that has 9.8 potential, which I have already submitted

Edited by CopperAgeKids

Figuring that a Preacher # 1 Preview in 9.8 is good for $800+ with Preacher #1 in 9.8 slightly under that figure and with the recent confirmation that Preacher is definitely confirmed with AMC...I think Direct Currents # 85 has some good potential as the underlooked Preacher preview, as it predates all other Preacher books.

I bought a copy off eBay a couple days ago for $15, the pictures look like a VF+ but for some reason the seller called it a "GD 2.0", which by judging the pictures, was a mistake.

Great pick! I've only managed one copy of that so far, you gotta figure over 90% of them were thrown away

Great pick! I've only managed one copy of that so far, you gotta figure over 90% of them were thrown away

I bought every copy I could find online two years ago. MCS had a bunch in NM for 1.10.

I bought every copy I could find online two years ago. MCS had a bunch in NM for 1.10.

Did Direct Currents come out before Sandman 67? Can't find a date for it online.

Everyone knows it's the 1st black costume in the title - it's on every CGC label. meh

Go back under your bridge troll. lol

That's not what your listing said. You are purposefully deceiving people. I wonder if you've always been this way and I jus never noticed it. I used to think you were a boardie with integrity. Now I don't see any. Purposefully overgrazing and now outright lying.

He did something similar with his Alpha Flight #17 sale. Described it as "First appearance of Big Hero Six" in big bold copy, and then formatted less prominently in the paragraph following it "by their creators," as if the first work by a creative team that's not an actual first appearance is something that collectors care about. Clearly intended to deceive people into thinking that it was the first appearance of Big Hero Six.

Most people know what they are buying, you're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. You can't do anything about who writes what on their auctions, the buyer needs to understand what they are buying. It really has no effect on you on, so why not just worry about yourself? I'm not in Divad's corner since i've had beef with him in the past but people on here are splitting hairs on his product descriptions about what is "exactly correct to a tee" needs to stop, try going outside for a walk, get some exercise since I know most of you people could use it.

Maybe the buyer should be cognizant of what they're buying, but that doesn't absolve his responsibility. How would you feel if a parent or relative of yours got fleeced from a greasy salesman? What he's doing is dishonest, plain and simple.

Again, it doesn't relate to you. eBay does have a return policy and even some sellers don't know everything. I think you guys are just tired of seeing him post his auction results in the thread, well...I'm tired of reading off topic nonsense like this in the thread.

Maybe you should call the eBay police and tell them you don't agree with his comic descriptions, besides, most people don't even read them anyway, they just hit the BIN/Bid button. If the buyer buys it and is happy with it, then who is he hurting? You? The collector sitting on his over weight rear end at the comic store playing magic cards with teenagers? The guy down the street?

Ever think the buyer knows and actually wants the issue? Maybe he's trying to put an Alpha Flight run together? Maybe he's trying to grab all the Big Hero 6 appearances...You're not the buyer and you're not a mind reader and that goes for anyone complaining about someone's auction trying to sell a book, you don't know the buyer's intent. Plain and simple.

And to answer your question about my parents or one of my relatives being taken advantage of "greasy salesman" I'd laugh at them for being so stupid and not doing your research beforehand.

I work in the trading division of an investment firm of 39 billion AUM, I couldn't care less about a guy making $10-15 on a comic book. What's he doing is sleazy, if you want to hang out with this clown be my guest.

Rather hang out with you!

I don't think what he's doing is sleazy at all, I do however think that bringing up what you do for a living out of the blue is pretty sleazy in itself, Doesn't matter how much the company you work for is worth, it's pointless and irrelevant to the discussion and brings nothing to the table other than your inflated ego.

I'm a busy guy, I didn't get past the first sentence in your rambling. So I threw in a quick summary....

You found the time troll though! Mr. Busy

This is interesting...apparently putting "Squirrel Girl" in the title caused someone to temporarily lose their mind...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-Deadpool-30-Civil-War-RARE-early-Squirrel-Girl-Appearance-NM-/261685714724?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cedaf1f24

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

With Legends # 3 being the 1st modern Suicide Squad app. ....and with Suicide Squad being one of the hottest New 52 titles.....and the Suicide Squad movie confirmed for a 2017 release date with an impressive cast....aaaand with the movie being the first time Harley Quinn will be in a film which translates into even more cross over appeal from Quinn fans.....I don't foresee Legends 3 dropping in price, period.

I believe that 9.8 copies with white pages will consistently fetch around $500., as the movie gets closer.

And given the popularity of the current Suicide Squad books, I think once the movie buzz wears off after 2017 rolls around, Legends 3 will keep its place as a strong Copper Age key.

Other books in the series that will pick up nicely are Legends 1 in 9.8 , currently selling at around $80...1st Amanda Waller.

Legends 2 has a last page teaser for Suicide Squad....

Legends 4 with the 2nd app of Suicide Squad and the Secret Origins book with the first detailed origin of the modern Suicide Squad ( can't recall the issue # offhand) is also a book which I believe will be a solid seller in 9.8.

With Legends # 3 being the 1st modern Suicide Squad app. ....and with Suicide Squad being one of the hottest New 52 titles.....and the Suicide Squad movie confirmed for a 2017 release date with an impressive cast....aaaand with the movie being the first time Harley Quinn will be in a film which translates into even more cross over appeal from Quinn fans.....I don't foresee Legends 3 dropping in price, period.

I believe that 9.8 copies with white pages will consistently fetch around $500., as the movie gets closer.

And given the popularity of the current Suicide Squad books, I think once the movie buzz wears off after 2017 rolls around, Legends 3 will keep its place as a strong Copper Age key.

Other books in the series that will pick up nicely are Legends 1 in 9.8 , currently selling at around $80...1st Amanda Waller.

Legends 2 has a last page teaser for Suicide Squad....

Legends 4 with the 2nd app of Suicide Squad and the Secret Origins book with the first detailed origin of the modern Suicide Squad ( can't recall the issue # offhand) is also a book which I believe will be a solid seller in 9.8. [/quote

Legends 3 is pretty easy to find in the wild. A 9.8 newsstand might be a bit tougher.