• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,850 posts in this topic

How is Rob Liefeld's New Mutants run (outside of the already-hot #87 and #98) doing on eBay? The local dollar boxes used to be stuffed with multiple copies of most of these issues, but now there are only multiple copies of X-Tinction Agenda crossover issues left.

Let's get this back on target.

What Coppers are hot today?

Still hot. I'd take a rain soaked copy of 13 over an autographed Spawn #1 any day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Sun-13-Spawn-by-Todd-McFarlane-Introduction-12-Rust-Comic-Retailer-Book-/171628773619?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2 :gossip:

Looked great, until I saw the shipping price.

I like your book and I can't speak for divad. I was just saying what I "think" he means by manufactured. Signed and encapsulated is how I took it.

Maybe he sells only raw books. I don't know.

Pressed, signed and slabbed (and we all know the value of the signature certification) :grin:

That's my point entirely, it's a $10 book that he's selling for 25x its FMV, and yet he comes off with his "holier than thou" garbage. Nothing but a hater.

You've also called me a BS'er. Holier than thou, maybe. BS with regard to you, definitely not. Feel free to show me the error in the factual allegations I've made. I've already refuted the allegation that it is a $10 book. It's a $75 book in 9.8. Not your ebay-raw-hope 9.8, but an actual slabbed 9.8. Further, the last sale on that particular book was $350. Not mine but GPA 90 day is $250+ and thus how I derived my price.

Now, I've responded to your implied and express claims that I am not transparent or am a huckster of some kind. Perhaps you can respond to the numerous examples people have provided or your overgrading or giving misleading or factually inaccurate descriptions.

I like your book and I can't speak for divad. I was just saying what I "think" he means by manufactured. Signed and encapsulated is how I took it.

Pressed, signed and slabbed (and we all know the value of the signature certification) :grin:

That's my point entirely, it's a $10 book that he's selling for 25x its FMV, and yet he comes off with his "holier than thou" garbage. Nothing but a hater.

You've also called me a BS'er. Holier than thou, maybe. BS with regard to you, definitely not. Feel free to show me the error in the factual allegations I've made. I've already refuted the allegation that it is a $10 book. It's a $75 book in 9.8. Not your ebay-raw-hope 9.8, but an actual slabbed 9.8. Further, the last sale on that particular book was $350. Not mine but GPA 90 day is $250+ and thus how I derived my price.

Now, I've responded to your implied and express claims that I am not transparent or am a huckster of some kind. Perhaps you can respond to the numerous examples people have provided or your overgrading or giving misleading or factually inaccurate descriptions.

Also, who's P-Flap is more soar then the other's P-Flap. More drama, Super!

I wonder who will bend first to the criticism and attacks?

Do they have a yawning emoticon?

How is Rob Liefeld's New Mutants run (outside of the already-hot #87 and #98) doing on eBay? The local dollar boxes used to be stuffed with multiple copies of most of these issues, but now there are only multiple copies of X-Tinction Agenda crossover issues left.

I pick up 94 when I see it for $1. I see dealers asking $10 for it, but the bay begs to differ:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&from=refine&redirect=mobile&_nkw=New+mutants+94&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

86 sells for more than $1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=New+mutants+94&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&redirect=mobile&LH_Sold=1&from=refine&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.XNew+mutants+86&_nkw=New+mutants+86&_sacat=0

Also, who's P-Flap is more soar then the other's P-Flap. More drama, Super!

I wonder who will bend first to the criticism and attacks?

Do they have a yawning emoticon?

These boards have a long history of exposing people who are ripping off comic buyers on Ebay. Not sure why that should change now.

I pick up 94 when I see it for $1. I see dealers asking $10 for it, but the bay begs to differ:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&from=refine&redirect=mobile&_nkw=New+mutants+94&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

86 sells for more than $1

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=New+mutants+94&_sop=1&LH_Complete=1&redirect=mobile&LH_Sold=1&from=refine&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.XNew+mutants+86&_nkw=New+mutants+86&_sacat=0

I haven't seen a New Mutants #94 priced at (or more than) $10 since 1994. I couldn't even sell X-Force #2 for $10 at a small November show. Thanks for the information.

Hey Guys, agree to disagree and take

your arguments to private messaging.

By airing your dislike for each other you

aren't winning a daytime Emmy for best soap opera.

It's clogging up a perfectly good speculator thread.

You have a lot to learn about message board drama (tsk)

The market for a signed Spawn 1 9.8 is within $50 of his asking price. He is not nosebleeding anyone.

Meanwhile, you Diva, have a Superman Man of Steel raw "9.8" that you are asking $225 for. :roflmao:

Even slabbed 9.8 copies struggle to hit the $100 mark on those. You have no legs to stand on.

Off topic:

I think Divad's problem is with CGC in general, not the asking price for a specific book being sold by Transplant. More specifically he takes issue, as many do, with the price discrepancy that occurs between graded and ungraded copies of a book. The market will look at a raw book, like Spawn #1 in this case, and say a really nice copy is worth 10 bucks. But then if that same book is signed and then graded and encased by a third party it all of a sudden is worth a few hundred dollars. Thus he sees it as a manufactured collectible, the grading and "guarantee" by the third party not truly being worth the staggering price increase that it commands.

On topic:

I would put Marvel Tales #137 on your watch list. Between a few other books in the Marvel Tales run seeing some serious interest lately, along with the recent uptick in a significant number of reprints across the board, and the book reprinting AF 15 while also including the origin of Dr. Strange, it seems like a decent issue to pick up for a couple of bucks during your lcs travels.

Hey Guys, agree to disagree and take

your arguments to private messaging.

By airing your dislike for each other you

aren't winning a daytime Emmy for best soap opera.

It's clogging up a perfectly good speculator thread.

You have a lot to learn about message board drama (tsk)

I just want to read something interesting about comics.

Let people form their own opinion about someone "snake-oiling" sales, pressing books and selling them undisclosed or

deciding who they like the most

between a two dudes tied amongst a bitter nerd-fight.

The market for a signed Spawn 1 9.8 is within $50 of his asking price. He is not nosebleeding anyone.

Meanwhile, you Diva, have a Superman Man of Steel raw "9.8" that you are asking $225 for. :roflmao:

Even slabbed 9.8 copies struggle to hit the $100 mark on those. You have no legs to stand on.

Off topic:

I think Divad's problem is with CGC in general, not the asking price for a specific book being sold by Transplant. More specifically he takes issue, as many do, with the price discrepancy that occurs between graded and ungraded copies of a book. The market will look at a raw book, like Spawn #1 in this case, and say a really nice copy is worth 10 bucks. But then if that same book is signed and then graded and encased by a third party it all of a sudden is worth a few hundred dollars. Thus he sees it as a manufactured collectible, the grading and "guarantee" by the third party not truly being worth the staggering price increase that it commands.

On topic:

I would put Marvel Tales #137 on your watch list. Between a few other books in the Marvel Tales run seeing some serious interest lately, along with the recent uptick in a significant number of reprints across the board, and the book reprinting AF 15 while also including the origin of Dr. Strange, it seems like a decent issue to pick up for a couple of bucks during your lcs travels.

I'm with divad. I don't understand how doctor's who have 'licenses' and went to 'medical school' charge so much more than healthcare than the doctor who works out of the back of his van. They all have stethoscopes, they all make you turn your head and cough, they all wear ties.

Could Dr. Back-of-Van be just as good as any Harvard doctor? Its absolutely possible, and in some cases may be true. But certainly a person can see how SOME people would might be willing to pay a premium for the assurances that a medical license provides, even if the AMA (American Medical Association) is full of politics and vulnerable to ethical concerns, and full of humans who, while experts, also do make mistakes.

Edited by Revat

You think that's crazy, you should see what some handsome ebay sellers are asking for signed and graded Swamp Thing reprints.

You think that's crazy, you should see what some handsome ebay sellers are asking for signed and graded Swamp Thing reprints.

It's all about what the market will bear

This thread could be a case study in the value of critical thinking skills. I don't even know where to begin. Suffice it to say, I believe Transplant is right and Divad is wrong.

I didn't think there was any other route.