• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Its also a 1970s marvel in 9.8.... what's the floor for that, $150 maybe? 300 isn't so far off

There are marvel collectors for every title. Someone who dug marvel tales will pay more for a cooler issue like that.

I get what you are saying, but honestly, what does 300 really buy any more in 9.8.

S - F - A.

How did Marvel Tales 106 CGC 9.8 sell for $301.50!

This is a reprint!!!

eBay Auction

Because Marvel Tales, Marvel's Greatest Comics, Marvel Super Action and the other 70's reprint series were read to death and weren't really preserved for collections

Any bump for this after Batman v Superman?:

Superman #75

Hells no. :sumo:

What about the Platinum?

By the way this film was one of the worst films I have ever seen and yes that includes Catwoman. Certain scenes that were pulled right from the comics were beautifully done but even those could not save it. I don't even recommend downloading it illegally unless you want to just grab the soundtrack.

Edited by MrWeen

Any bump for this after Batman v Superman?:

Superman #75

Hells no. :sumo:

What about the Platinum?

By the way this film was one of the worst films I have ever seen and yes that includes Catwoman. Certain scenes that were pulled right from the comics were beautifully done but even those could not save it. I don't even recommend downloading it illegally unless you want to just grab the soundtrack.

lol. I wish that would show up on the BluRay cover "I don't even recommend downloading it illegally"

What's the original go for in 9.8?

About $7000.

Yea, so 5% for an older reprint seems pretty good to me.

The ASM 129 9.8 is now over $10k in the CC auction.

$300 for a vintage reprint in 9.8 condition is a bargain.

-J.

Old Guard, say Hi to the New Guard. lol

About $7000.

-J.

Old Guard, say Hi to the New Guard. lol

(shrug) ASM 129 in high grade has always gone for $1000s and multiples of guide in low grade...it's like pumping Hulk 181 :eyeroll:

I have yet to see the hype roll into the Punisher regular series. Punisher #1 going for more than $1xx :news:

Interesting. I wonder how much higher a Canadian newsstand edition would have gone for? I was planning on holding my 9.8 Legends #3 Canadian newsstand copy until closer to the movie, but this price makes me wonder if it is not better to sell now. hm

I wonder if anyone's put together a complete Canadian set yet?

I would, but I'm too far from he source material, and everyone else wants silly prices.

:(

Define "complete Canadian set" for me in this context please.

Because I'm very close to a complete set of Marvel "Canadians". All raw. I may send off the 95 centers to get graded at some point, as some of them are legitimately hard to find.

I keep telling Mrs. Donut that there may be a road trip to the Great White North in her future to hit small comic stores in Ontario.

Interesting. I wonder how much higher a Canadian newsstand edition would have gone for? I was planning on holding my 9.8 Legends #3 Canadian newsstand copy until closer to the movie, but this price makes me wonder if it is not better to sell now. hm

I wonder if anyone's put together a complete Canadian set yet?

I would, but I'm too far from he source material, and everyone else wants silly prices.

:(

Define "complete Canadian set" for me in this context please.

Everything printed from 1982 (the year the parity disparity (ha!) forced the change) to 1990-ish when Archie stopped (?)

Because I'm very close to a complete set of Marvel "Canadians". All raw. I may send off the 95 centers to get graded at some point, as some of them are legitimately hard to find.

They're just much to hard to find, in any condition, in the Southwest. They just don't manage to find their way here. I have maybe 50-60 of them, but of course, that's not even a dent.

I keep telling Mrs. Donut that there may be a road trip to the Great White North in her future to hit small comic stores in Ontario.

Mrs. Donut...always getting dragged along on your comic binges.

:D

I don't like the idea of making canadians rich, once again, due to them lucking into natural resources --- this time, canadian price variants.

Why are canadian price variants sought after, yet pence copies are lo9oked down upon (except on the milehigh webite, where I believe they are talked up?)

Any idea how the print-runs compare? Obviously the U.K. is bigger, but per capita Canadians read a lot of friggin comics, stuck in their igloos 6 months a year. On the other hand, along the border would a lot of the comics just be U.S. editions, thus making the Canadian print-run even smaller?

(Would Direct comics in canada not have the wacky prices, further reducing the numbers? And I'm guessing all U.K. comics, direct or newsstand, are the same?

About $7000.

-J.

Marvel Tales 106 has sold for a large premium over other issues in that run from the late 70s (which are worthless) for a while. Nice raw copies have done $15-$35, so $300 for a 9.8 is not totally out of line with some raw to slab price ratios out there.

Everything printed from 1982 (the year the parity disparity (ha!) forced the change) to 1990-ish when Archie stopped (?)

---

I believe Gold Key might have done some of this way earlier. I think I have a 20 cent cover price Turok that would normally be 15 cents.

I don't understand why they bothered having separate versions. Why not just say 60 cents u.s., 75 cents in canada, etc. like many comics did?

Edited by the blob

(shrug) ASM 129 in high grade has always gone for $1000s and multiples of guide in low grade...it's like pumping Hulk 181 :eyeroll:

I have yet to see the hype roll into the Punisher regular series. Punisher #1 going for more than $1xx :news:

Umm...has the "hype" rolled over to the Wolverine series(s).

I think they were both very popular when they were released, but they can be found pretty easily now.

Umm...has the "hype" rolled over to the Wolverine series(s).

I think they were both very popular when they were released, but they can be found pretty easily now.

Agree and disagree. Wolvie #1 is still hovering around the same price, but movie speculation drove up #2 a while back. #10 with Sabertooth has always been a hot item. Now I'm seeing a lot of action in the Hulk appearances in the early series. Also I'm seeing a ton of interest roll over to the key Wolverine stories in the Uncannny series.

I am still not seeing any of that with the Punisher, although the mini series has been picking up, his early appearances in ASM have barely moved. Maybe his involvement in the Netflix DD series will change that and bring in some new fans?