• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

Just sold a 9.6 for $300.

Very nice.

I had my 9.6 that was listed before the show announcement have the BIN hit at $199.99 on the weekend. lol

Looks like I will have to up the price on the next couple of 9.6s.

It is funny - I had a ton of requests for this book last year at shows with no supply. This spring I had a slabbed 9.6 and raw 9.2/9.4 copy on the wall at three shows with no interest at all.......

Same here 3 Raws and had zero interest

cloak-and-dagger-177864.jpg

hm I'm pretty sure the word "areolas" should be associated with this image somehow.

If it was headed to Netflix I'd be on board, but network TV Superhero shows do absolutely nothing for me. I guess I got spoiled by Daredevil

I've seen chicks that have just nipples with no areolas. Dagger must be one of those...

cloak-and-dagger-177864.jpg

hm I'm pretty sure the word "areolas" should be associated with this image somehow.

Off topic

Why do people decide to buy a book the day after a movie/tv show gets announced? Paying double or more because you missed the bus? Will never understand the sheep mentality...

Good question but I think most people do not look back and say "wow - could have bought it for half yesterday". They didn't care about the book yesterday so the going price is what is necessary to buy the book they want and they pay it. Now if you are a flipper (speculator) and paying the double price then you better be sure that show will be good.

Why do people decide to buy a book the day after a movie/tv show gets announced? Paying double or more because you missed the bus? Will never understand the sheep mentality...

Good question but I think most people do not look back and say "wow - could have bought it for half yesterday". They didn't care about the book yesterday so the going price is what is necessary to buy the book they want and they pay it. Now if you are a flipper (speculator) and paying the double price then you better be sure that show will be good.

agree

Rocket Raccoon (Hulk 271) is the best example of book that was $5 to $20 book on ebay and everyone bought all the copies when Guardians of the Galaxy movie was announced. Many thought they were nuts. We now know how that turned out.

because, as people noted, there may be more doublings and triplings of the price down the road

I sold most of my x-factor 6ses after the announcment and I got 2X what I would have gotten 6 months earlier, true. but i am pretty sure the guy who bought them from me can get 2-3X what he paid for them now.

The guy that buys a PPSM 64 CGC 9.6 for $300 today is going to have to hope CNN runs a headline news story on the show to end up doubling or tripling the price on that.

Raw books there is a little more flexibility, but right now anyone with a few high grade raw copies is probably shipping them to Florida as I type this.

I know people can do whatever they want with their money, but history has shown to be patient and the price will come down enough where you can still get the copy you want for the same or slighty greater price.

because, as people noted, there may be more doublings and triplings of the price down the road

I sold most of my x-factor 6ses after the announcment and I got 2X what I would have gotten 6 months earlier, true. but i am pretty sure the guy who bought them from me can get 2-3X what he paid for them now.

Exactly. San Diego Comic Con is soon and any formal announcement or preview by Marvel would almost double or triple the book. A very good strategic move in my opinion.

well, I dunno if that is going to be a $600 book though. PPSSM might be the forgotten little brother to ASM, but it was a pretty well-read book and it was not a book that came in under the radaar, C&D had a pretty big story arc and were characters marvel was pushing, so it's not a book that would have been trashed as it was one of the few PPSSM books worth anything. So, I'm thinking 9.8s of a first tier or almost (circulation wise) Marvel 1980s book...probably not that rare. Black cover doesn't help, sure.

I guess ASM 252 might be comparison? (SW 8, I'm thinking, might have had a bigger print-run?). ASM 238? Not sure what else from that era is a good comparison. The ASM books are always going to fetch more even if an equivalent "key" just because

well, I dunno if that is going to be a $600 book though. PPSSM might be the forgotten little brother to ASM, but it was a pretty well-read book and it was not a book that came in under the radaar, C&D had a pretty big story arc and were characters marvel was pushing, so it's not a book that would have been trashed as it was one of the few PPSSM books worth anything. So, I'm thinking 9.8s of a first tier or almost (circulation wise) Marvel 1980s book...probably not that rare. Black cover doesn't help, sure.

I guess ASM 252 might be comparison? (SW 8, I'm thinking, might have had a bigger print-run?). ASM 238? Not sure what else from that era is a good comparison. The ASM books are always going to fetch more even if an equivalent "key" just because

7 times more ASM 252 CGC 9.8 on census compared to PP 64 CGC 9.8. I'm sure that number will go up if the price keeps going up but that's a vast difference in numbers.

Based on those census numbers and the possibility of a hit show (up in the air on that one) I'd not be surprised it its a $800 - $900 book in the next year.

I've been buying every copy of that book that I thought was a 9.4 plus under $50 that I've seen for the last 2-3 years. I go to 15-20 shows a year. 4-9.8's, 6-9.6's, 3 9.4's. That's really not a lot. I wouldn't call it super rare in high grade, but it's not plentiful either. It could also be a "hold" book for a lot of people too though since that's basically what it was for me.

That girl popping the balloon vid in your signature gives me a headache.

lol, and it is oddly mesmerizing! 50x...50x...50x

I think it is Katy Perry?

Don't think it's Katy Perry but not sure who it is since I start vomiting every time I try to look at the picture.