• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

I don't like the idea of making canadians rich, once again, due to them lucking into natural resources --- this time, canadian price variants.

Why are canadian price variants sought after, yet pence copies are lo9oked down upon (except on the milehigh webite, where I believe they are talked up?)

Any idea how the print-runs compare? Obviously the U.K. is bigger, but per capita Canadians read a lot of friggin comics, stuck in their igloos 6 months a year. On the other hand, along the border would a lot of the comics just be U.S. editions, thus making the Canadian print-run even smaller?

(Would Direct comics in canada not have the wacky prices, further reducing the numbers? And I'm guessing all U.K. comics, direct or newsstand, are the same?

It is because the pence symbol is so lame compared to a $ sign. lol

The print run on the CDN newsstand edition is likely lower than the UK pence copies as the population of Canada was ~50% of the UK (still is), but I am not certain.

I think I posted before that comic sales to Canada were likely 10% of what they were in the USA. Earlier newsstand variants should be easier to find as the newsstand print runs were probably in the 40% of total distribution range. The later $0.95 or $1.00 and up cover prices are the ones to get in high grade as the newsstand print runs had dropped significantly by then.

Edited by kimik

Interesting. I wonder how much higher a Canadian newsstand edition would have gone for? I was planning on holding my 9.8 Legends #3 Canadian newsstand copy until closer to the movie, but this price makes me wonder if it is not better to sell now. hm

I wonder if anyone's put together a complete Canadian set yet?

I would, but I'm too far from he source material, and everyone else wants silly prices.

:(

Define "complete Canadian set" for me in this context please.

Because I'm very close to a complete set of Marvel "Canadians". All raw. I may send off the 95 centers to get graded at some point, as some of them are legitimately hard to find.

I keep telling Mrs. Donut that there may be a road trip to the Great White North in her future to hit small comic stores in Ontario.

I am pretty sure "complete Canbadian set" was in regards to Legends #1-6.

If you have them, please sub/fast track 'em :foryou:

Interesting. I wonder how much higher a Canadian newsstand edition would have gone for? I was planning on holding my 9.8 Legends #3 Canadian newsstand copy until closer to the movie, but this price makes me wonder if it is not better to sell now. hm

I wonder if anyone's put together a complete Canadian set yet?

I would, but I'm too far from he source material, and everyone else wants silly prices.

:(

Define "complete Canadian set" for me in this context please.

Because I'm very close to a complete set of Marvel "Canadians". All raw. I may send off the 95 centers to get graded at some point, as some of them are legitimately hard to find.

I keep telling Mrs. Donut that there may be a road trip to the Great White North in her future to hit small comic stores in Ontario.

I am pretty sure "complete Canbadian set" was in regards to Legends #1-6.

If you have them, please sub/fast track 'em :foryou:

I have a raw set or two if you are interested.........

I think I posted before that comic sales to Canada were likely 10% of what they were in the USA.

-----

So, proportionally, a little more comic reading north of the border than in the USA. Igloos.

I think I posted before that comic sales to Canada were likely 10% of what they were in the USA.

-----

So, proportionally, a little more comic reading north of the border than in the USA. Igloos.

That is gold plated igloos from flipping Canadian newsstand variants. :grin:

Wolverine had a mini too.. :makepoint:

54656ef9-d7d7-4b60-b214-6ca14f34d54d_zpsitda2p64.jpg

Wolverines mini hasn't moved much in years. I can set my watch to what these go for. Punisher mini on the other hand, I used to see issues 2-5 go for $50-70, I think those days are gone... I probably see them for sale at a ratio of 1:10 compared to Wolverine's mini (shrug)

Wolverines mini hasn't moved much in years. I can set my watch to what these go for. Punisher mini on the other hand, I used to see issues 2-5 go for $50-70, I think those days are gone... I probably see them for sale at a ratio of 1:10 compared to Wolverine's mini (shrug)

A lot of the Wolverine mini were printed. Hot hot artist, hot character. I was out of comics just before the Punisher mini came out. Was this being done as a result of popularity of his recent guest appearances at that point or was marvel just taking a stab to see what kind of reception he would get?

I always like Punisher since reading his first ASM appearances in the 70s, I just don't know if the rest of the world was so crazy about him. Heck, Marvel gave comic series to trucker detective agents and lord knows who else before giving a series to either the Punisher or Wolverine, so who knows what their thought process was.

A lot of the Wolverine mini were printed. Hot hot artist, hot character. I was out of comics just before the Punisher mini came out. Was this being done as a result of popularity of his recent guest appearances at that point or was marvel just taking a stab to see what kind of reception he would get?

I always like Punisher since reading his first ASM appearances in the 70s, I just don't know if the rest of the world was so crazy about him. Heck, Marvel gave comic series to trucker detective agents and lord knows who else before giving a series to either the Punisher or Wolverine, so who knows what their thought process was.

I remember in the late 80s early 90s Punisher was on fire. I went after the Punisher mini just because I liked the covers better. Frankly I thought (and still do) that the Frank Miller covers on the mini were phoned in. The story is awesome though!

I was looking back at the Jim Lee and Portacio covers from Punisher and Punisher:WJ and they're fantastic! I always end up bidding on other things though because I think these Punishers will always be around...that has bitten me in the SPOON many times doh!

I don't like the idea of making canadians rich, once again, due to them lucking into natural resources --- this time, canadian price variants.

Why are canadian price variants sought after, yet pence copies are lo9oked down upon (except on the milehigh webite, where I believe they are talked up?)

Any idea how the print-runs compare? Obviously the U.K. is bigger, but per capita Canadians read a lot of friggin comics, stuck in their igloos 6 months a year. On the other hand, along the border would a lot of the comics just be U.S. editions, thus making the Canadian print-run even smaller?

(Would Direct comics in canada not have the wacky prices, further reducing the numbers? And I'm guessing all U.K. comics, direct or newsstand, are the same?

The print run on the CDN newsstand edition is likely lower than the UK pence copies as the population of Canada was ~50% of the UK (still is), but I am not certain.

I think I posted before that comic sales to Canada were likely 10% of what they were in the USA. Earlier newsstand variants should be easier to find as the newsstand print runs were probably in the 40% of total distribution range. The later $0.95 or $1.00 and up cover prices are the ones to get in high grade as the newsstand print runs had dropped significantly by then.

Canadian books are definitely harder to find, but my issue is that these superheroes are U.S.A. superheroes (brainstormed, born, and bred), and the comics they appeared inside are for the big ole U.S.A. market. The books sent outside the border were "U.S.A. books for foreigners", which we didn't want in the first place, so I don't know why we'd want them back. I don't see any need to be a 100% USDA U.S.A. boy and spend my hard earned sawbucks on books what ya reckon was just made in the first place for all the dern foreigners.

Now, before anyone accuses me of only being xenophobic, I'll just point out that I'm already a better CGC collectin' Canadian than all of you... because Canada's greatest hero is Wolverine, and Canada's first Canadian appearance of Wolverine was in a CGC graded Canadian book that I have... and every one of you don't.

Canadian headline:

USA boy wins Canada CGC comic competition with single book. 'Murican Mic Drop. :sumo:

Canadian books are definitely harder to find, but my issue is that these superheroes are U.S.A. superheroes (brainstormed, born, and bred), and the comics they appeared inside are for the big ole U.S.A. market. The books sent outside the border were "U.S.A. books for foreigners", which we didn't want in the first place, so I don't know why we'd want them back. I don't see any need to be a 100% USDA U.S.A. boy and spend my hard earned sawbucks on books what ya reckon was just made in the first place for all the dern foreigners.

Now, before anyone accuses me of only being xenophobic, I'll just point out that I'm already a better CGC collectin' Canadian than all of you... because Canada's greatest hero is Wolverine, and Canada's first Canadian appearance of Wolverine was in a CGC graded Canadian book that I have... and every one of you don't.

Canadian headline:

USA boy wins Canada CGC comic competition with single book. 'Murican Mic Drop. :sumo:

You do know there's an English edition of that Editions Heritage book, eh? Made so even Americans will know how to read it... :jokealert:

Edited by Brock

Canadian headline:

Bleh. Still a Cdn version of a US book.

Gotta go pure Cdn in the Gold section if you're gonna mic drop :gossip:

250px-Nelvana2Cover.jpg

Canadian headline:

Don't you DARE forget about Alpha Flight!!!!

Jay

Canadian headline:

Bleh. Still a Cdn version of a US book.

Gotta go pure Cdn in the Gold section if you're gonna mic drop :gossip:

250px-Nelvana2Cover.jpg

Went on to become a great media group.... that was bought out :(

$50-70 an issue?

$50-70 an issue?

probably not per issue