• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

I look on here once in a while. I see Peter Parker Spectacular Spider Man #64 being talked about. Did that have movie news? Kinda out of touch with whats the new hot books. :popcorn:

Always liked that issue. :headbang:

No new news on that issue - think you should just sell me your copies before they start going down in value.

Oh ok. I don't have a hoard of them. Just the one that's in my set. Can't break up the set. :sick: And I don't really care if they are sky high. Just wondering if news came out about the book.

I sold a #217 9.6 for nearly $400 this past year. Didn't last 10 minutes.

well, I dunno if that is going to be a $600 book though. PPSSM might be the forgotten little brother to ASM, but it was a pretty well-read book and it was not a book that came in under the radaar, C&D had a pretty big story arc and were characters marvel was pushing, so it's not a book that would have been trashed as it was one of the few PPSSM books worth anything. So, I'm thinking 9.8s of a first tier or almost (circulation wise) Marvel 1980s book...probably not that rare. Black cover doesn't help, sure.

I guess ASM 252 might be comparison? (SW 8, I'm thinking, might have had a bigger print-run?). ASM 238? Not sure what else from that era is a good comparison. The ASM books are always going to fetch more even if an equivalent "key" just because

7 times more ASM 252 CGC 9.8 on census compared to PP 64 CGC 9.8. I'm sure that number will go up if the price keeps going up but that's a vast difference in numbers.

There are plenty of this book out there. I just don't think people have bothered slabbing it yet. Before this recent pop there were NO sales of CGC copies of the book, but plenty of raw sales (at respectable prices). With that said, I don't know what the respective print-runs were.

Need to find my copies. Of course, my OO copy was read by my brother and I about 25 times each, so I'm sure that one is pretty rough.

Could be and I'm sure plenty of 9.6 will be cracked, pressed and resubbed if the price goes crazy but PP 64s have been $400 - $550 book in 9.8 for a couple years. Are you saying people have been sitting on them since $500 was just not enough of an incentive to get their high grade copy subbed?

OK. From the thread it was inferred that prices had doubled on this book because of the TV show hype, so I figured that the recent $419 sale was a chunk more than before, but I guess it is just in line with prior sales. So, sure, maybe it can be an $800 book due to it being hard in 9.8.

A Captain America 217 in 9.6 just went for almost $200. I guess a 9.8 may push $400 or more. So if that book is a $400 book then I guess PP 64 can be $800!

This is a pretty solid result... the 1992 Gold Digger miniseries (#1-4) finishes at $372.75.

That's borderline modern, but feels sort of copper-y to me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antarctic-Press-Fred-Perrys-Gold-Digger-1-4-of-4-set-1992-93-see-pics-/191841427594?nma=true&si=GyvoPIUkahK8oWUJvAsLK6GDJME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Everything about you gives me polio.

That girl popping the balloon vid in your signature gives me a headache.

You know you love me.

This is a pretty solid result... the 1992 Gold Digger miniseries (#1-4) finishes at $372.75.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antarctic-Press-Fred-Perrys-Gold-Digger-1-4-of-4-set-1992-93-see-pics-/191841427594?nma=true&si=GyvoPIUkahK8oWUJvAsLK6GDJME%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I would be amazed if I didn't have some of these

What am I missing here because it's obvious that I'm missing something. Why did that auction end at 372.75? ???

I think people are starting to realize that some of these long-running indie titles from the late 1980s/early 1990s are quite scarce.

I think of things like Gold Digger, Cavewoman, Knights of the Dinner Table, Strangers in Paradise, Femforce, Ninja High School, Tarot, Hellboy and many others... they may not all be to everyone's taste, but they've been around for 25 years or more, and are still appearing at least semi-regularly. Many had very small print runs at the beginning, with few copies available for today's collectors.

My personal perspective is that we could see very strong price increases in this area moving forward.

Edited by Brock

I would be amazed if I didn't have some of these

I saw the set and knew I had never seen it before but thought "bet Hector has a couple sets".

I have about 24 short boxes of adult indie titles waiting to explode - literally

I don't doubt it. Everyone else is grabbing X-Men 244s and you are grabbing some stuff I've never even heard of before. It's a gamble but it definitely will have a hell of a payday if it hits.

I have about 24 short boxes of adult indie titles waiting to explode - literally

Then you need to go squeeze some out.

The gold digger books of course.

Really though, if you think you have them you'd better go get them. Now. Or I will tell Janet!

Although it may be possible that the bidders were the only ones this crazy for this lot and now that one bidder won and has been satisfied the load you have may not make as much of a splash.

Then you need to go squeeze some out.

The gold digger books of course.

Really though, if you think you have them you'd better go get them. Now. Or I will tell Janet!

Although it may be possible that the bidders were the only ones this crazy for this lot and now that one bidder won and has been satisfied the load you have may not make as much of a splash.

There is definitely a second person willing to pay a bit less.