• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

And here I've been giving the Much Fun variant away when I get one in - time to hit up the long boxes to see if I still have a couple.

Love this thread - I've not seen the X-Men movie and this thread keyed me into looking for X-Men 221. Everyone had it jacked up to $40-$50 at the Con today except the one guy who actually pulled out guide to price it. Guide had it at $8 so I got it for $8.

Saw you from across the room yesterday. Never bumped into you though. :hi:

Sold my So Much Fun variant last month or the month before for $40 and I probably have a few regulars laying around somewhere.. But price increase is not too alarming, this has always been a $20 book for me in NM

$40 for the So Much Fun is a steal depending on grade. Been looking for a decent one for over a year. They are usually pretty beat.

It was VG-FN and I was sitting on it for months. I got it from squaredealonline awhile ago when I ordered 5 copies for 12 bucks.. They mustve not know the difference..

Like all books I've had random hoards of (x-factor 6, secret wars 8, x-men 221), I sold wayyyyy too early. One day I'll learn patience. Not today, though.

Same happened to me, I actually had the issue in a run of X-Men when it jumped, luckily I'd said "221" in the title but still didn't do as well s single copies... :cry:

Surprised no one mentioned X-Men #221 yet.

I have 10+ copies waiting on this one for awhile

Finally

Only 10?

I've been collecting these for years as the cover is awesome; just wish I knew about this jump a week ago. May be too late now and will have to wait for the actor announcement.

45C872FD-624C-4D43-BBEF-6CB214409C9D_zpsrnsagse0.jpg

Nice; I'll see if I can get a group shot tonight.

Never did find/buy the SMF copy. Looked at a few but never pulled the trigger. Will probably have to put that on hiatus for a couple-few years now.

found 2 more copies

11 regular and one SMF

I could only find these in the boxes - but a couple look like gradable copies.

image_zps2gmxsgsc.jpeg

Not that I believe the market should ever determine a comic first appearance but for those who say let the market decide it sure looks like DC Spotlight is the first appearance of the Watchmen.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Collectibles/1/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_sac=1&_nkw=dc+spotlight

I've been tempted to buy one but ive been warded off by the higher price. Starting to think I should with these prices.

The one I am looking at is around VF but it signed by Jerry Siegel and Alan Moore. Good luck getting those on this book huh? Moore wont do it, for anyone, ever. Siegel died in 1994. I want to get it signed by Miller. How awesome would that be?

Ugh guess I gotta open my wallet.

Horse poo.

I don't know what book you're referring to WRT the 9.9 comment but nonetheless, I am able to grade a raw copper book at a 9.9.I am confident in my ability to discern the subtle difference(s) between a 9.8 and a 9.9, just as a seasoned collector should be able to.

I have 4 ridiculously sharp copies of Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme # 1 that I plan on submitting to CGC.It's been about a month since I looked at them but IIRC, I think I pegged 2 copies as clocking in at 9.8 and 2 copies at 9.9....after they were to be pressed.

All 4 copies have a defect that keeps them from hitting 9.8 or higher; about a one inch square of writing indentations.I am going to press these books out before sending them in and hell, I'd wager an easy $100 that 2 of the 4 come back as 9.9.

Whatever happened with this?

How many Benjamins were you on the hook for?