• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

I can see Predator #1 popping since Aliens #1 has already had its first gap up. There will be a lot of late 80s/early 90s 1st apps and #1s starting to pop over the next couple of years as they hit the 25-30 year mark.......

Edited by kimik

I think Divad's huge sale is a huge outlier -- and his link misleading.

If you sort the sales by "Recent First" and go to "Completed" instead of "Sold", you will see a different story for this book:

Like This

You have a 9.4/9.6 not selling for $41.

#1 and #2 not selling for $20.

#1-4 not selling for $6.50.

#1 and #2 selling for $1.

#1 and #3 not selling for $20.

And on and on and on.

Be careful of what people want you to see.

I have no idea how Divad hooked that sucker for $92, grading skills aside.

Oh yes, I forgot the value of "krap unsold" when doing an analysis . . . :eyeroll:meh

Speaking of Coppers heating and selling well on eBay . . .

Predator 1

Wow.

I had no idea on this one.

But raw copies can still be easily acquired for only a few dollars. I realize many of those copies are probably in the VF range, but still, $185 for a 9.8?

So true, particularly the word "range". The point being is that if you've got an HG copy and don't mind selling it, the market is looking for them.

It's the Donut's 25-year rule in spades.

The first Predator movie is an all-time classic IMHO. It was awesome watching it as a kid and I still watch it whenever it is on. I do not have a DVD/BlueRay yet, sadly.

Edited by kimik

I have no idea.

Truer words have not been spoken. :baiting:

Wow; editing quotes for childish potshots now. meh

All I was saying is that your sale is above and beyond anything else on eBay -- sold or unsold.

You sold a raw NM+ for $92 while another raw NM/NM+ went unsold for $41. Count your money, but I'd call that buyer a sucker, not a trendsetter.

There's a raw NM/M out there right now for $9 auction or $30 BIN; why not purchase that and flip it for a good profit?

I have no idea.

All I was saying is that your sale is above and beyond anything else on eBay -- sold or unsold.

You sold a raw NM+ for $92 while another raw NM/NM+ went unsold for $41. Count your money, but I'd call that buyer a sucker, not a trendsetter.

There's a raw NM/M out there right now for $9 auction or $30 BIN; why not purchase that and flip it for a good profit?

It's got your name on it. ;)

The first Predator movie is an all-time classic IMHO. It was awesome watching it as a kid and I still watch it whenever it is on. I do not have a DVD/BlueRay yet, sadly.

How many other movies star two governors?

Batman and Robin (1997).

I have no idea.

That's what divad does - lists outlier sales under the guise of a book categorically heating up. Use any divad listed sales as a single data point, likely at the top end of the bell curve.

Let's get this back on target.

What Coppers are hot today?

I snagged a few Moore Swampy's last night for $4 apiece from my LCS - #49 (x2), #50, #52, #53.

I'm always mystified at how lazy an LCS is when it comes to staying on top of

books that start catching fire.

I know it's difficult but that's why I'll always set higher prices on hotter books

or keys to help leverage against overnight spikes in price.

Hit another LCS and landed #49 (x2), #50 (x2), #52 (Cdn Newsstand variant), #53 (Cdn newsstand variant) for $3 - $4 apiece.

Would you buy comics at your LCS if they raised the hot books to current eBay prices? hm

Depends on the book and what I was planning to do with it. You make a good point obviously, with smart shop owners allowing the hot-book-of-the-week type issues to stay at or near cover price, ensuring repeat customers and ideally a quick turnover in back issue inventory.

Would you buy comics at your LCS if they raised the hot books to current eBay prices? hm

Not likely. Funny story, one of the shops in my area started putting post-its notes on "higher" grade books with "cgc it" written on it. Huge turn off.

I already do that on keys/1st apps/hot books priced $100 or more. The regular discount they give and current exchange rate would give me an 25% - 35% break at the till relative to eBay regardless. :banana:

The only problem is that they do not come across those books as often as I would like them to.......... :tonofbricks:

Edited by kimik