• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Would you buy comics at your LCS if they raised the hot books to current eBay prices? hm

not unless it was a book I wanted for myself, and the price was fair. I've passed on alot of overpriced stuff in LCS.

Let's get this back on target.

What Coppers are hot today?

I snagged a few Moore Swampy's last night for $4 apiece from my LCS - #49 (x2), #50, #52, #53.

I'm always mystified at how lazy an LCS is when it comes to staying on top of

books that start catching fire.

I know it's difficult but that's why I'll always set higher prices on hotter books

or keys to help leverage against overnight spikes in price.

Hit another LCS and landed #49 (x2), #50 (x2), #52 (Cdn Newsstand variant), #53 (Cdn newsstand variant) for $3 - $4 apiece.

You and your Canadian newsstand finds. It's like you live in Canada or something...

:whistle:

So, even though this is a 'modern,' will we see Predator Vs. Magnus go up?

:D

-slym ( :whistle: )

The collected edition for that is impossible to find.

Does it still sell for good $$$? A few years back when the Valiants first spiked (2001-2003) I found 10-12 of them here locally. Once LCS would not sell any more to me, though, as I kept buying every copy they put out.

Let's get this back on target.

What Coppers are hot today?

I snagged a few Moore Swampy's last night for $4 apiece from my LCS - #49 (x2), #50, #52, #53.

I'm always mystified at how lazy an LCS is when it comes to staying on top of

books that start catching fire.

I know it's difficult but that's why I'll always set higher prices on hotter books

or keys to help leverage against overnight spikes in price.

Hit another LCS and landed #49 (x2), #50 (x2), #52 (Cdn Newsstand variant), #53 (Cdn newsstand variant) for $3 - $4 apiece.

You and your Canadian newsstand finds. It's like you live in Canada or something...

:whistle:

They are actually hard to find at LCSs unless they bring in a Copper collection. Even then, most of the HG books are just :censored: direct editions.

I just got contacted about two collections from smaller communities that are SA/BA/CA and should be full of them if all goes well.

Better search term for that HERE

...and then you use the correct filter, most recent first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Copper-Age-19841991-/165364/i.html?_from=R40|R40&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&rmvSB=true|true&_nkw=%22legends+1%22+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6&_sop=13

Then you see a book described as NM++ that sold for $48. What is NM++? I would think someone on here could explain themselves, err, that grading.

Edited by ygogolak

Better search term for that HERE

...and then you use the correct filter, most recent first.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Copper-Age-19841991-/165364/i.html?_from=R40|R40&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&rmvSB=true|true&_nkw=%22legends+1%22+-2+-3+-4+-5+-6&_sop=13

Then you see a book described as NM++ that sold for $48. What is NM++? I would think someone on here could explain themselves, err, that grading.

We've tried to get that someone to explain themselves here, but he just deflects and insults and disregards. I guess a NM++ is somewhere between a 9.8 and a 9.8. But not with those spine ticks and that bottom right corner on the from cover.

Are you al insufficiently_thoughtful_persons?

Come on now, how can you all not be intimately familiar with what constitutes a grade of NM++?

I think NM++ would be somewhere between NM+ 9.6 and NM/MT 9.8.

Although, perhaps a numerical grade isn't fitting to a grade of NM++, at all.

I think NM++ or perhaps the more truthful moniker of LMRASITPHHIBCACGC/CBCSSP ++ would be a more fitting category.

Although I think that Lemme Reel a Sucker In To Pay High End Bell Curve Around CGC/CBCS Slabbed Price PLUS PLUS (++) may be insulting to potential buyer's.

That said, one can hardly blame a certain member for choosing to opt for grading his books at NM++

*groan*