• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Wanna see something nuts?

Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 9.31.40 PM.jpg

That is quite ridiculous, and I imagine we'll be seeing quite a few more copies of that in 9.8 surface. 

A couple of the Heathcliff 25ths sold for $100+ in 9.8.

Silly people.

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

10 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

That is quite ridiculous, and I imagine we'll be seeing quite a few more copies of that in 9.8 surface. 

A couple of the Heathcliff 25ths sold for $100+ in 9.8.

Silly people.

Saw this last night. Also, the Marvel Tales #193 with the 25th anniversary border sold for $431 in that same auction:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-COMICS-MARVEL-TALES-193-1986-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-SENSATIONAL-SPIDER-MAN/232803461180?hash=item36342ae83c:g:UVAAAOSwq4lbH9KB

Both copies were the only ones graded at 9.8.

11 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Wait... What ?!?!?  This can't be real.  I better take a good look at all my uncirculated Star titles and get them to 9.8 condition.

So someone is putting together a 9.8 set of the anniversary borders, and the STAR/Funny animal books are the toughest in grade, I assume? I like the STAR books ,I pick them up when I find them in nice shape, which isn't often. It's not the sort of thing I'd spend this sort of money on, but I get it.

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

So someone is putting together a 9.8 set of the anniversary borders, and the STAR/Funny animal books are the toughest in grade, I assume? I like the STAR books ,I pick them up when I find them in nice shape, which isn't often. It's not the sort of thing I'd spend this sort of money on, but I get it.

Yup, most likely and yes, definitely tough to find in even decent shape. I think I've got Spider-Ham, Ewoks, Alf and Care Bears, all in about F/VF. As RMA said, maybe this turns up more HG copies.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Not really. People collect those picture frames. Tough book in high grade.

Yeah, I was trying to put together a nice NM raw set for a time, but eventually gave it up. I think it was Heathcliff that was the real pain.

32 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I was trying to put together a nice NM raw set for a time, but eventually gave it up. I think it was Heathcliff that was the real pain.

I've found a couple a couple Heathcliff the past couple of years. As well as Porker. Never found a Muppet Babies though. I'm surprised the Transformers isn't more popular. Must be more readily available.

These are a perfect example of very niche books with both buyers and sellers. I don't think they sell high except for on the bay.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I've found a couple a couple Heathcliff the past couple of years. As well as Porker. Never found a Muppet Babies though. I'm surprised the Transformers isn't more popular. Must be more readily available.

These are a perfect example of very niche books with both buyers and sellers. I don't think they sell high except for on the bay.

Now that you mention it, I don't think i had the Muppet Babies either. I've got the Porker, but it's not in great shape. It was just a placeholder until I could track down a better one, before I decided to throw in the towel on the whole project. I'll still pick up the frame books if I find them in dollar boxes in nice shape, but I'm not actively hunting them anymore. 

There was a time when I was a kid where the only place I found comics was in a stationary next to me. There wasn't another shop within miles away and I was too young to travel elsewhere. The only time I bought Star Comics was when that store ran out of superheroes books and I just had to buy more comics

15 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

There was a time when I was a kid where the only place I found comics was in a stationary next to me. There wasn't another shop within miles away and I was too young to travel elsewhere. The only time I bought Star Comics was when that store ran out of superheroes books and I just had to buy more comics

Ha ha. That sounds like my story exactly. Pretty much all of the Star books I have or had were newsstand issues that I bought within the first couple of years of collecting.