• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scout-1-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-Eclipse-Comics-1985-/383446697984?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ekkkUw%2BT6iKMKuKobfGwWX14GJw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Scout #1 CGC 9.6 advertised 9.8 in listing. $75.00

So I was tracking this and thought about bidding when it was less than $20.00.I just now noticed it says 9.8 in the listing.I was looking at the pic of the slab.I paid less than that for my real 9.8 a few months back and was wondering if Scout is catching on,is this an outlier  or did someone not notice the label?

43 minutes ago, Toz said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scout-1-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-Eclipse-Comics-1985-/383446697984?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ekkkUw%2BT6iKMKuKobfGwWX14GJw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Scout #1 CGC 9.6 advertised 9.8 in listing. $75.00

So I was tracking this and thought about bidding when it was less than $20.00.I just now noticed it says 9.8 in the listing.I was looking at the pic of the slab.I paid less than that for my real 9.8 a few months back and was wondering if Scout is catching on,is this an outlier  or did someone not notice the label?

So funny when people list 9.6s for 9.8s 

smh smh

On 5/9/2020 at 1:46 PM, valiantman said:

Congrats!  Just imagine if it had been a newsstand. :kidaround:

What's the story on the Eightball #1?  Not many Copper Age books floating around at $5K. hm

Was there really a sale at 5k?  I tried finding a NM+ 1st print for months in anticipation of a signing.  I did not realize it, but there are a number of printings on par with JTHM, and I never did track down a high grade 1st print. I think @mschmidt had one UHG 1st print #1 that is now a SS 9.6.

24 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Was there really a sale at 5k?  I tried finding a NM+ 1st print for months in anticipation of a signing.  I did not realize it, but there are a number of printings on par with JTHM, and I never did track down a high grade 1st print. I think @mschmidt had one UHG 1st print #1 that is now a SS 9.6.

It's just an asking price.  Probably something to draw to his other books.  I doubt it is worth that much but who knows.  The seller also has a regular price CGC 8.5 Iron Fist 14 priced at $2995 that is probably used to draw towards his other books.

15 minutes ago, greggy said:
42 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

It's just an asking price.  Probably something to draw to his other books.  I doubt it is worth that much but who knows.  The seller also has a regular price CGC 8.5 Iron Fist 14 priced at $2995 that is probably used to draw towards his other books.

No sales for $5K on the CGC 9.8 Eightball #1.  GPA has a single sale at $1,000 in July 2019.  That's why I was asking @Kevin76 about the $5K asking price. 

Edited by valiantman

18 hours ago, cd4ever said:

Starslayer 10 and Grim Jack getting some love.

Great series

Yes, I just sold a Starslayer 9 & 10 (with #10 being a lower grade copy) along with a Grimjack #26 (early colour TMNT). It wasn’t exactly a record price, but they’re moving.

On 5/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, valiantman said:

No sales for $5K on the CGC 9.8 Eightball #1.  GPA has a single sale at $1,000 in July 2019.  That's why I was asking @Kevin76 about the $5K asking price. 

I sold the Eightball 1 9.8 months ago for $750 off eBay,  I put 5K on the asking price because I didn't want to take the book down right away and I know on one would pay it. and since eBay does investigate as to why someone has taken down their listing and they check the email messages to see if you've sold it offline and they'd issue a warning/suspension, so to avoid that, leave the item up with a stupid price no one would pay.  

2 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

I sold the Eightball 1 9.8 months ago for $750 off eBay,  I put 5K on the asking price because I didn't want to take the book down right away and I know on one would pay it. and since eBay does investigate as to why someone has taken down their listing and they check the email messages to see if you've sold it offline and they'd issue a warning/suspension, so to avoid that, leave the item up with a stupid price no one would pay.  

How dare you have a book listed above gpa! Haha People can't take it. Omg, its heating up, movie or tv show must of been announced. Zac Effron posted a picture of it. 

On 5/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, greggy said:

So I should list my (2) 9.9s and all of the 9.8s I used to own (at outrageous prices) just to draw viewers for my other books?  :insane:

On 5/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Is there something going on with Thundercats? I have a handful of watchers on a few (probably unimportant) issues that have been available for probably a few years.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:54 PM, divad said:

So I should list my (2) 9.9s and all of the 9.8s I used to own (at outrageous prices) just to draw viewers for my other books?  :insane:

How will people know which are which? :baiting: