• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

How do you know it's just one guy? The sellers' usernames are suspiciously similar now that you mention it. Think he's using multiple accounts so he can just ditch the ones that get negative feedback?

I really wasn't privy to some of these Ebay manipulation tactics before I came here :whatthe:

Because the board member that posted them has acknowledged that they are all his accounts.

22 hours ago, divad said:

OMG - Copper is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT! :banana:

It is odd that there is always only one bid. 

7 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
10 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

How do you know it's just one guy? The sellers' usernames are suspiciously similar now that you mention it. Think he's using multiple accounts so he can just ditch the ones that get negative feedback?

I really wasn't privy to some of these Ebay manipulation tactics before I came here :whatthe:

All the same guy. He's upfront about it. He's manipulating eBay to get more free listings.

As we all know, it is well within the rules . . . until they change them. :bigsmile:

11 minutes ago, DWL said:

It is odd that there is always only one bid. 

That's because, as far as I can tell, the minimum bid is always higher than typical sales for the book. So you only need one bidder to eventually bite at that price. It's not a bad sales tactic if you have a minimum value set for the book, but you also don't want to miss out if the book suddenly becomes hot and multiple people are interested. I started avoiding BINs for that reason (and because now, essentially, with eBay allowing free re-lists for up to 8 times, you can have a book listed longer without a listing fee if you list as an auction)

10 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Think he's using multiple accounts so he can just ditch the ones that get negative feedback?

Hey BW - do your research before you cast aspersions . . . :foryou:

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

but you also don't want to miss out if the book suddenly becomes hot and multiple people are interested.

Which unfortunately, happens every now and then. But then I have you guys to keep me informed.:bigsmile:

10 hours ago, divad said:

Hey BW - do your research before you cast aspersions . . . :foryou:

And you should consider lowering your asperations that your sales that you feel you need to post are actually driving any sort of market for these books.  Seriously consider it because you are not nearly as important as you think you are.

6 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

And you should consider lowering your asperations that your sales that you feel you need to post are actually driving any sort of market for these books.  Seriously consider it because you are not nearly as important as you think you are.

Who implied anything remotely like that absurd conclusion? :banana: The sales are mostly derivative of the comments of others. I simply report post-sale information - no hype, no pump.:whee:

51 minutes ago, divad said:

Who implied anything remotely like that absurd conclusion? :banana: The sales are mostly derivative of the comments of others. I simply report post-sale information - no hype, no pump.:whee:

Derivative?  What comments are you referring to that are derivative in that you need to post your (maybe legit) sales from your 10+ accounts?