• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, divad said:

Who implied anything remotely like that absurd conclusion? :banana: The sales are mostly derivative of the comments of others. I simply report post-sale information - no hype, no pump.:whee:

I appreciate you posting your sales, divad. I may not always be able to get the prices that you do, but seeing them is very helpful.

Back in the old days (:preach:), Overstreet and other guides used to put the notation "prices vary widely" on certain issues. I always saw that as a sign that a book was heating up. While it's true that the highest price that a book gets is not the going market rate, it can be a valuable indicator of where a book is headed.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but Dazzler #33 far outperforms most issues in the series, especially in the fall-winter months. Not sure how long it has been this way, but I've noticed it the last couple years.

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Haven't seen it mentioned, but Dazzler #33 far outperforms most issues in the series, especially in the fall-winter months. Not sure how long it has been this way, but I've noticed it the last couple years.

I had no idea that this sold for anything over a dollar.  Thanks for the head’s up.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:43 PM, shadroch said:

I love these threads. I read them over breakfast, scour my boxes for ten minutes, pull out books I'd have been happy to get a buck or two for, spend a few minutes listing them on ebay and a week later I've got a few hundred dollars in my paypal account. Batman 313, TTA #2, Marvel Spotlight 9.........

Sometimes I feel like the guy in the fairy tale spinning hay into gold.

That's good efficiency....but I looked at a lot of the guys in the comic room thread and they ain't finding anything in under ten minutes.....maybe a hidden pile of cat puke, but that's about it.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:43 PM, shadroch said:

I love these threads. I read them over breakfast, scour my boxes for ten minutes, pull out books I'd have been happy to get a buck or two for, spend a few minutes listing them on ebay and a week later I've got a few hundred dollars in my paypal account. Batman 313, TTA #2, Marvel Spotlight 9.........

Sometimes I feel like the guy in the fairy tale spinning hay into gold.

What do you do with the other 100 long boxes of drek you poured money into between spinning hay into gold?

This is a damn crazy price for this book, even if it does have one of the coolest MK covers ever (hell, ANY of the issues from this mini-series have never seen a price like this - even 9.8s of #1). The Moon Knight fever is starting to spread to non-key books and his other series it seems (this is my favourite of his series, due to my own personal nostalgia, so I'm happy to see this kinda of price/interest regardless).

These are not hard issues to find if you want them in 9.8 (I should know, I found great seller contacts while building my top registry set for it this year, and all the issues can be bought and graded for about $50 each) so do NOT go into these odd Ebay bidding wars for these issues :D

1978992925_ScreenShot2020-12-27at9_44_45PM.thumb.png.8217cd3e44719ddab743cbfc3343a1f7.png

Edited by Sauce Dog

3 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

42, 68, and 81 are all either right a grand or over based on the most recent ebay sales.

#68 is especially interesting, since that isn't Boba Fett on the cover yet is being swept up in all the Mandalorian fever (it is a good cover, but half of the people I know buying it graded are doing so because of the cover and thinking Boba Fett is awesome, the rest are speculating outright on Fenn Shysa)

13 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Star Wars #41 (1st Yoda) jumping over the last couple of days since #42 is getting out of reach for a lot of people.

Marvel Super Special #16 has more Yoda pages, more Boba Fett pages, and earlier Yoda and earlier Boba Fett than both Star Wars #41 and #42, by 5 or 6 months.

It seems very few collectors know Star Wars #42 is about the 7th time those Boba Fett pages were reprinted. It's the first nothing.