• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

This made me laugh today when I read it lol

I was way behind on Copper thread.

I shouldn't have looked, because I sold my OO copies of 42-45 before the last episode dropped, expecting them to cool off (and really, probably never get hot again; it's not like it's Dark Phoenix which I guess they're going to keep making until they get it right). Nice to see they're still getting heat (but not so much ridiculous heat that I would have regretted selling).

On 3/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I shouldn't have looked, because I sold my OO copies of 42-45 before the last episode dropped, expecting them to cool off (and really, probably never get hot again; it's not like it's Dark Phoenix which I guess they're going to keep making until they get it right). Nice to see they're still getting heat (but not so much ridiculous heat that I would have regretted selling).

Best sale I have had in a long time. 2 weeks ago bought 42-44 at a shop for $1 each. Found a 45 last week for $16.00 and couldnt buy it fast enough at a flea market.
Sold the set for $200 I was floored. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 3/15/2021 at 12:26 PM, Wolverinex said:

Well, I am just curious to see if he is accurate or not.  I've never see the inside of a TMNT 47.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:33 PM, littledoom said:

Just the back cover ad

There's a 6 or 8 page preview of Space Usagi 1 that predates (obviously) the release of Space Usagi 1. It is more than a back cover ad.

This is how you know the market is off its rocker.  When garbage like this is now $600+.  I forgot I have a couple copies holding up real books in a box.  I guess I need to dig them out of my low tier garbage boxes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-MARVEL-UNCANNY-X-MEN-244-1ST-APPEARANCE-JUBILEE-CGC-9-8-WHITE-BOX3/363315817533?hash=item54974f6c3d%3Ag%3ADwsAAOSwbG5gSBsC&LH_Auction=1

Edited by NewWorldOrder

6 hours ago, PeterPark said:

There's a 6 or 8 page preview of Space Usagi 1 that predates (obviously) the release of Space Usagi 1. It is more than a back cover ad.

More than that, unless I'm mistaken it's not a preview in the sense of showing the first few pages of issue 1 or something as an ad. It's a unique story that predates issue 1, and acts as a prequel. As such, it is the first appearance, no caveats. 

26 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

This is how you know the market is off its rocker.  When garbage like this is now $600+.  I forgot I have a couple copies holding up real books in a box.  I guess I need to dig them out of my low tier garbage boxes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-MARVEL-UNCANNY-X-MEN-244-1ST-APPEARANCE-JUBILEE-CGC-9-8-WHITE-BOX3/363315817533?hash=item54974f6c3d%3Ag%3ADwsAAOSwbG5gSBsC&LH_Auction=1

:whatthe:

Yep.. time for me to go box diving in my surplus boxes as well.. 

9 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Shilled

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/363315817533?item=363315817533&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I saw that as well. In this market how long until the price is corrected though.  Look at the buy it now prices based on this.

I still need to pick up a copy, but not anywhere  near these prices for a third tier character.

11 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

More than that, unless I'm mistaken it's not a preview in the sense of showing the first few pages of issue 1 or something as an ad. It's a unique story that predates issue 1, and acts as a prequel. As such, it is the first appearance, no caveats. 

I didn't compare the two, but if it is a prequel rather than a preview, Space Usagi 1 is relegated to first issue of the series and all the impetus is focused on TMNT 47. I hope you're right :wishluck:

11 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

this is hardly a "garbage" book (ok, it might be, i haven't read it), it was $170-200 or so in December and $20-25+ for a raw high grade copy and has been creeping up since. Is anything going on with the character? This might be a shill, but $500-600+ seems to be the March going rate.

51 minutes ago, the blob said:

this is hardly a "garbage" book (ok, it might be, i haven't read it), it was $170-200 or so in December and $20-25+ for a raw high grade copy and has been creeping up since. Is anything going on with the character? This might be a shill, but $500-600+ seems to be the March going rate.

It's a garbage book.  Seriously its Jubilee, she was terrible on the X-Men cartoon and she might be the most worthless X-Men character of all time.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Here is something I am not seeing too many people even bring up.  With eBay's new managed payment plans its great for me as the seller where I do not get charged upfront on final eBay sales fees till the buyer actually makes payment.  However, the big problem I have with that is now you can go back to wild wild west shilling right?  Create fake GPA markets with shill auctions.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

X-Men 221 is currently a little more expensive than 244 and regularly over $600. sinister is a good character, yes, but seriously, that was a book I have bought 10 copies of out of dollar boxes. I never got a 244 for $1. True, the cover is so lame I might have passed it over not realizing what it was. Now I just gotta go hoard copies of Boom Boom's first appearance!

16 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Point being they bid high enough to yield that number.  So yes they would have.

It doesn't matter unless all the other $600+ sales were shilled