• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That's exactly what market manipulation is. So, no, you don't understand it.

Fake sales, bumps price, people think it's actual value and buy at a higher price.

Agree to disagree without more evidence. Seller should have been satisfied with price before “Schiller” got involved. Every zero feedback buyer is a “schill” according to your logic but that’s not true as we all started with zero and hopefully we aren’t all doing that which shouldn’t be done. 

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

You can tell when a listing was started. Many tools out there to do all of this. No reason to keep going on.

How about this? There is a CGC 9.8 listed for $650 w/BIN right now. Why hasn't that sold if there are people willing to pay that price for it?

It certainly wouldn't be the craziest thing we've seen over the past few months. 

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

You can tell when a listing was started. Many tools out there to do all of this. No reason to keep going on.

How about this? There is a CGC 9.8 listed for $650 w/BIN right now. Why hasn't that sold if there are people willing to pay that price for it?

serious ignore candidate sir.

18 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Agree to disagree without more evidence. Seller should have been satisfied with price before “Schiller” got involved. Every zero feedback buyer is a “schill” according to your logic but that’s not true as we all started with zero and hopefully we aren’t all doing that which shouldn’t be done. 

I never said that. Go to their bid history from there.

5 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I am really enjoying hedge funds or manipulators shilling my minor and non key comics  that I don't care for.... trying to sell them ASAP  and dump the money into stuff I want.  

This is accurate. I can't sell early 90s X-Men fast enough.

A NM 98 9.8 Newsstand sold for $4K a few days ago. I wonder how much the fact that Newsstands and Directs aren't broken out differently in the census affects things. Does GPA account for the difference? If not, then the sales of Newsstand at higher prices raises the average price, leading people to price their Directs closer to the average, and since Newsstands are worth more, they sell for even more, raising the average. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

19 minutes ago, rexinnih said:

Just took a look at my ASM 252 CGC 9.2 and see it's a news stand. Really hadn't been tracking news stand vs. direct but will need to start doing that as it appears to be a thing. 

it is a thing, but I think we have established on that book that newsies and directs are pretty much even in terms of slabs on ebay at least. that doesn't stop people from not knowing any better from assuming the newsstand is much rarer. indeed, looking at 9.8s up right now, newsies might be the slight majority.

25 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

A NM 98 9.8 Newsstand sold for $4K a few days ago. I wonder how much the fact that Newsstands and Directs aren't broken out differently in the census affects things. Does GPA account for the difference? If not, then the sales of Newsstand at higher prices raises the average price, leading people to price their Directs closer to the average, and since Newsstands are worth more, they sell for even more, raising the average. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

GPA ought to start doing so. The numbers become particularly meaningless for later newsstands vs. directs where most of the value is being a newsstand. for many 80s books the scarcity of newsstands, even in 9.8, vs. directs, is not a reality.

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It's bad enough that people believe the Newsstand hype, which is heavily based on lies and other garbage. If buyers are really doing this, they deserve to lose all their money.

19 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

It's bad enough that people believe the Newsstand hype, which is heavily based on lies and other garbage. If buyers are really doing this, they deserve to lose all their money.

So you're saying I should probably sell my XFactor 6 Canadian newsstand variant?