• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Copper sales are alive and well currently.

Multiple sale of Master of Kung Fu 115  raws getting close to $80 now
for a nice copy.

Mulitple sales of Defenders 112 again pay $1 and sell it dont look back.

This was the one-two punch that sent me to the sidelines.

When you can't even complete runs of C-list Marvel 80s titles without paying up to the movie speculators, where's the fun?  I have 27 long boxes to enjoy already and plenty else to do with my time and money.

51 minutes ago, Savoyard23 said:

When you can't even complete runs of C-list Marvel 80s titles without paying up to the movie speculators, where's the fun?  I have 27 long boxes to enjoy already and plenty else to do with my time and money.

Tend to agree.  I do see some signs of certain books easing.  

Who knows, may be rounding a corner.  

Doubt we'll see the true keys come down though.

Patrick

4 hours ago, Savoyard23 said:

I disagree. These are two titles that were depressingly worthless, outside of a few issues. for a really long time. That 2-3 issues have now popped hardly seems harrowing. You had plenty of time to complete these for next to nothing. I have a magazine box of each title. I am excited that they might be better than 25 cent bin fodder.

5 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Tend to agree.  I do see some signs of certain books easing.  

Who knows, may be rounding a corner.  

Doubt we'll see the true keys come down though.

Patrick

I'm having increasingly strong doubts about the fundamentals of this market.  And I say that after correcting for my 'wishful thinking' bias as a buyer.

I agree with you, though - the likes of TMNT 1 will never be toilet paper.  

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I disagree. These are two titles that were depressingly worthless, outside of a few issues. for a really long time. 

Well, I’m a collector and reader.  Personally, I find it heartening when I or anyone else can collect a quality run cheaply.

That 2-3 issues have now popped hardly seems harrowing. 

We’re talking about more than 2 or 3 issues, of course.  But sure, I could grimace and pay up once or twice when the MCU takes a dump on my want list.  I have done that once or twice.  You're right, it won’t break me. 

But...how often do you want me to pay $20 for a comic that was $2 literally yesterday before it gets tiresome and I start feeling like the clown in this circus?

You had plenty of time to complete these for next to nothing. 

I’m not really sure where you’re going here.  Am I supposed to kick myself for not having bought every comic I might ever want by now?

The sad thing is, I have gotten the notion these last few lunatic months that maybe I ought to just amp up the comic budget and go on a buying jag.  Buy everything I can now.  Before it’s too late, you know. 

But then I come to my senses and realize how much fun that would not be.  I do enough in my life in a stressed-out panic.  I have hobbies to escape from those things.

It's good for you that you have some books put away ready to sell.  Good luck.

8 minutes ago, the blob said:

Some of us are happy that these books have popped. We can sell them and buy stuff we're more interested in. Or pay bills. Or save for retirement. Roughly 100-110 issues each of MKFU and Defenders are still basically dollar bollar box material. 

Blob, do you ever buy?  I feel like you must own the biggest comic backlog in the world because it seems like you have everything...

5 hours ago, the blob said:

I disagree. These are two titles that were depressingly worthless, outside of a few issues. for a really long time. That 2-3 issues have now popped hardly seems harrowing. You had plenty of time to complete these for next to nothing. I have a magazine box of each title. I am excited that they might be better than 25 cent bin fodder.

I agree. 

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Blob, do you ever buy?  I feel like you must own the biggest comic backlog in the world because it seems like you have everything...

Sure, I have posted recent stuff I just bought in the bronze section. I bought about 150 comics in the last 2 weeks out of boredom. I just posted some junk in the dollar box section.

Starting in 1993 I was deep diving in the quarter box at the shop, dollar and 50 cent books at shows. As a kid I would hit the quarter box hard. One show I walked out with two long boxes on my shoulders and walked home a mile+. I have been scrounging ever since, with a few breaks now and then. So I have a lot of stuff. I have posted slabs I have bought. Not much fancy or expensive. From 2004-2018 my old LCS had a terrific 15 for $10 deal. I'd come home with 30-60 comics a week on average probably.

I may have 30,000 comics. I'm not sure. Years of accumulation. Probably not healthy. Luckily I have a big house. I have probably sold maybe 1500-1750 comics over the last 20whatever years here and on ebay. Just denting what i have bought since then.

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

Sure, I have posted recent stuff I just bought in the bronze section. I bought about 150 comics in the last 2 weeks out of boredom. I just posted some junk in the dollar box section.

Starting in 1993 I was deep diving in the quarter box at the shop, dollar and 50 cent books at shows. As a kid I would hit the quarter box hard. One show I walked out with two long boxes on my shoulders and walked home a mile+. I have been scrounging ever since, with a few breaks now and then. So I have a lot of stuff. I have posted slabs I have bought. Not much fancy or expensive. From 2004-2018 my old LCS had a terrific 15 for $10 deal. I'd come home with 30-60 comics a week on average probably.

I may have 30,000 comics. I'm not sure. Years of accumulation. Probably not healthy. Luckily I have a big house. I have probably sold maybe 1500-1750 comics over the last 20whatever years here and on ebay. Just denting what i have bought since then.

Wow!  incredible. 30k.  No wondering you are always going through it.  Are you ever going to liquidate it?

Anyway, I have a rotted out steam pipe that basically turned a section of my house into a sauna with black mold and I am paying my mother's maintenance/mortgage while we're in probate, so if I can sell some defenders or MKF for a few bucks I can use the cash.

10 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

West Coast 45

u might be mistaking me for some1 else lol.. definitely now is the time to list and recoup whatever you can on old heated up Wanda books. that ship has sailed.

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow!  incredible. 30k.  No wondering you are always going through it.  Are you ever going to liquidate it?

I sell stuff. Just not fast enough. I just shipped out like 15 books today. I need to start listing lots. Most of what I just bought I am planning to re-list as lots after I pulled the few semi-keys out of them. I just don't have that many sales here because figuring out what folks here are willing to pay decent $ for is always tough. Its a tough crowd.

I sold a pretty nice copy of this book in December for like $14. Genius!:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-4-CGC-9-8-FIRST-APPEARANCE-OF-OMEGA-RED-KEY-COMIC-ISSUE-/133708362374?hash=item1f21a3b286%3Ag%3AzPwAAOSw1QhgYdq2&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I find this price mind boggling. Not even a newsstand. This was literally a book hundreds of thousands of folks knew was a collectible (all the Jim Lee x-men were) and was bagged and boarded. How can there not be a gadjillion 9.8s? It might have been in dollar boxes (otherwise I wouldn't have owned like 10 of them at one point), but it was generally one of the bagged and boarded books in those dollar boxes.

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

u might be mistaking me for some1 else lol.. definitely now is the time to list and recoup whatever you can on old heated up Wanda books. that ship has sailed.

White Vision is still out there flying around trying to find himself. I'm not so sure he has sailed.