• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

ASM 316 also on fire and blowing up.. I remember I would buy that for $10-15 and sell them out for $40 easily. That was 4-5 years ago. Even paying $20-30 is good. Also undervalued. All these longtime high print run comics are suddenly popping. Like 25 different comics every week. Don’t feel  bad when Spectacular Spider-Man 1 suddenly becomes a $200 comic raw. That’s the first Spider-Man title after ASM and has severely been undervalued and under appreciated for decades. A longtime $20ish comic

8 minutes ago, littledoom said:

ASM 316 also on fire and blowing up.. I remember I would buy that for $10-15 and sell them out for $40 easily. That was 4-5 years ago. Even paying $20-30 is good. Also undervalued. All these longtime high print run comics are suddenly popping. Like 25 different comics every week. Don’t feel  bad when Spectacular Spider-Man 1 suddenly becomes a $200 comic raw. That’s the first Spider-Man title after ASM and has severely been undervalued and under appreciated for decades. A longtime $20ish comic

If you don't count the magazines, MTU was the first spidey title after ASM, followed by Spidey Super Stories. not to mention  Marvel Tales . I'm cool if it goes up though, i have like 5 of them, but so does everyone else. In this market, anything is possible. 

I have scanned up 316s for sale over and over and didn't get around to it. I think i sold one here for not enough a while back. glad I was too lazy to list the ones I have.

Right now, surprisingly, a chunk of BA spideys seem to be a bit flat. Supply might be an issue, but when has that ever mattered?

1 hour ago, the blob said:

If you don't count the magazines, MTU was the first spidey title after ASM, followed by Spidey Super Stories. not to mention  Marvel Tales . I'm cool if it goes up though, i have like 5 of them, but so does everyone else. In this market, anything is possible. 

I have scanned up 316s for sale over and over and didn't get around to it. I think i sold one here for not enough a while back. glad I was too lazy to list the ones I have.

Right now, surprisingly, a chunk of BA spideys seem to be a bit flat. Supply might be an issue, but when has that ever mattered?

I feel for new collectors as even the stuff like ASM 316 which isn’t a key is now getting priced out 

31 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I feel for new collectors as even the stuff like ASM 316 which isn’t a key is now getting priced out 

Buy a nice looking ASM 137, under $20, including shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-137-Oct-1974-Marvel-very-nice-will-grade-very-nicely-/274729095978?epid=85416145&hash=item3ff721532a%3Ag%3AlwQAAOSwenBgWAMX&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Or "slum it" and get a nice ASM 317 for $20 and under.

An awful lot of killer venom covers for $53: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Venom-2011-1-6-8-And-9-Comic-Book-Lot-Rick-Remender-/393161785456?hash=item5b8a44c070%3Ag%3ASBUAAOSwCl5gOn-c&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There's a ton of stuff out there for folks who don't focus on what is hot. After Valiantman's tutorial on Elfquest books I went out and bought some. cheap. That's a long term play, plus a little childhood nostalgia.

Edited by the blob

55 minutes ago, the blob said:

An awful lot of killer venom covers for $53: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Venom-2011-1-6-8-And-9-Comic-Book-Lot-Rick-Remender-/393161785456?hash=item5b8a44c070%3Ag%3ASBUAAOSwCl5gOn-c&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There's a ton of stuff out there for folks who don't focus on what is hot. After Valiantman's tutorial on Elfquest books I went out and bought some. cheap. That's a long term play, plus a little childhood nostalgia.

Personal preference, I know, but that is an ugly cover.

Is there any copper age book that has had more homages than Spider-man #1? Is there any copper artist that has had more than Todd?

Thundercats #1 1985 star comics is on fire! New animated movie in the works from the  director of godzilla vs Kong. Honestly I'm just so happy thundercats roar will not be the last show/movie tie in with this beloved property! It seems the word got out a few hours ago because all cheap copies are gone. 

4 hours ago, littledoom said:

I keep thinking it will happen, but it never does.  

51 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

I keep thinking it will happen, but it never does.  

And books that suddenly explode don’t go from $10 to $30 they go from like $10 to $100-200! The day New Mutants 100 3rd print becomes a $100 comic raw... oh boy

2 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

Personal preference, I know, but that is an ugly cover.

Is there any copper age book that has had more homages than Spider-man #1? Is there any copper artist that has had more than Todd?

ASM 300 has two trillion.

Honestly wondered many times, what comic has the most homages in history? 

Patrick

13 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Thundercats #1 1985 star comics is on fire! New animated movie in the works from the  director of godzilla vs Kong. Honestly I'm just so happy thundercats roar will not be the last show/movie tie in with this beloved property! It seems the word got out a few hours ago because all cheap copies are gone. 

I think this might be the new TMNT Adventures all over again. Let the confusion begin over the printings for newer collectors.

F46A6D49-AB15-4A7D-88B4-E8D7AAC82814.png

41 minutes ago, bellrules said:

I think this might be the new TMNT Adventures all over again. Let the confusion begin over the printings for newer collectors.

F46A6D49-AB15-4A7D-88B4-E8D7AAC82814.png

Did I just see a CGC 9.8 go for over $2K??

I have one sealed in a multi pack. I'd be hard pressed to sell it though, I'm a big fan of thundercats. Wasn't around in the 80s but toonami started playing it when it first started up, when moltar was hosting. I watched it with my dad almost every day. Still love it, and picked up the recent Liono super 7 premium figure. 

17 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

It's been decades since I really cared about the Thundercats, but I still almost puked when I saw a commercial for that :censored:.