• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This sucks about spiderman

226 posts in this topic

Back when it was going on I had actually thought that if Ben Reilly was the true Spider-man that it would have been genius. Peter could have adopted the name Ben so the real PP could reclaim his namesake. The "marriage" would have remained in tact and all would be well.

OMD still annoys me because I feel it was a spur of the moment cop out that did not mean anything in the long run. Aunt May is not a real part of the books anyway as she is in Boston married to JJ's father. In all fairness, outside of Peter going on a date with Captain Marvel and that girl Carlie not a single story in Slott's run relied on Peter being single. It seems as if this was really the whim of Quesada.

Only books I look forward to these days are the Valiant reboot.

Just picked up #700, went to both my LCS's, not sure if it was just their shipments, but all the books had bad corners. I dont think from shipping, looks like from folding at printers, due to thickness. If that's the case, looks like CGC 9.8's will be tough. Any one else notice this??

They will just dress Wolverine in the suit. He's in just about every Marvel title already, what's one more.

You must be forgetting that Wolverine is nothing more than a product as with every comic character, he sells, so he is in every Marvel book printed. Publishers don't care about the characters, quality of story, or continuity. They only care about $, proof of this is all the pointless variants collectors get suckered in to each month.

Just picked up #700, went to both my LCS's, not sure if it was just their shipments, but all the books had bad corners. I dont think from shipping, looks like from folding at printers, due to thickness. If that's the case, looks like CGC 9.8's will be tough. Any one else notice this??

My copies are fine same with the 2 variants I picked up. Total of 7 books from 3 shops.

Yep...went to my LCS today as well; scoped fiendishly for a possible 9.8 copy, all the corners on the copies were under-par...and no variants (except for the one in my pull)...

My copies are fine same with the 2 variants I picked up. Total of 7 books from 3 shops.

You travelled to three comic shops just to find variants? Really??

I wish I had that much time on my hands.

Is there any thought that this is a move by Disney to de-value the Spider-man property and make it less attractive to Sony? This could prompt Sony to sell the rights back and then, WHAMMY, we get PP back and Marvel Studios movies.

Is there any thought that this is a move by Disney to de-value the Spider-man property and make it less attractive to Sony? This could prompt Sony to sell the rights back and then, WHAMMY, we get PP back and Marvel Studios movies.

Seems far fetched, but certainly not impossible.

I'm pretty much grasping at straws to find some sort of really dumb, but yet plausible, reason they could be doing it.

I'm pretty much grasping at straws to find some sort of really dumb, but yet plausible, reason they could be doing it.

Given the track record since Stan was ousted, I don't believe anyone involved in the entire company is that clever.

Good try, but I'm afraid it's just dumbassery.

Given the track record since Stan was ousted, I don't believe anyone involved in the entire company is that clever.

Good try, but I'm afraid it's just dumbassery.

This is so true it's awesomeness was automatically transmitted to the emotional centre of Dan Slott's brain and made him weep web fluid tears.

The vast majority of the people watching the movies don't know what's going on in the comics and don't care either. The only way to devalue Spiderman as a movie franchise is to release a stream of bad movies, which looks like Sony has been doing a fine job of on their own.

Not addressed to anyone in particular:

Whether they bring Peter Parker back or not in the future is, to me, irrelevant. The bottom line is that they've told all the good Spider-Man stories there are to tell and now have to resort to ridiculous :censored: like this storyline instead. At this point, I say it's time for a full-blown CTRL-ALT-DEL on the Marvel Universe and just reboot everything fresh from the beginning. It's not like I consider anything that's happened in the past couple hundred issues to be part of "real" continuity anyway, and certainly not intelligence-insulting stupidity like this ASM #700 storyline.