• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age dreams - they do come true

156 posts in this topic

- Vortex 2: 1st cameo appearance of Mister X. A nightmare to track down without heavy spine stress lines. That cover was just made to be in a CGC case.

Koch_goodies002.jpg

I've never even seen a copy IRL, much less a HG one.

Since being introduced to this book a while back, I just fell in love with the image and color. I proudly present: 5DBE236F-08F1-4FFC-9537-0CF2F4BB0386-31409-000017CF7DC8CBDB.jpg

Is there a copper nightmare thread? Hard times.. Gotta sell it. :sorry:

Skrews up my master plan of getting a NM 98 9.9.

The book I've been chasing for a LONG time is Thor #385 in CGC 9.8. There are only 3 on the census. I've been looking for a 9.8 candidate in the wild for years.

The entire issue is one long Hulk vs. Thor fight.

I loved this comic as a kid and easily read it 1,000 times. Best HULK vs. THOR fight in comics. The story also has a lesson about how pride can cause us to do the wrong thing in life. Hulk kicks the out of Thor, and Thor keeps coming back for more because he has too much pride to give up or surrender. In the end Hulk is the one who stops fighting claiming victory, and Thor is forced to look at all the death and destruction around him they caused because he kept fighting. If he would have simply said, yeah Hulk you're stronger it would have been avoided. The title of the story was "Be Thou God or Monster!" referring to Thor's revelation at the end. Great issue written by Stan Lee himself.

Well, a CGC 9.8 popped up on eBay last week. Thor #385 CGC 9.8 on eBay

I contacted the seller immediately and the rest as they say is history. :headbang:

Thor385CGC982.jpg

The book I've been chasing for a LONG time is Thor #385 in CGC 9.8. There are only 3 on the census. I've been looking for a 9.8 candidate in the wild for years.

The entire issue is one long Hulk vs. Thor fight.

I loved this comic as a kid and easily read it 1,000 times. Best HULK vs. THOR fight in comics. The story also has a lesson about how pride can cause us to do the wrong thing in life. Hulk kicks the out of Thor, and Thor keeps coming back for more because he has too much pride to give up or surrender. In the end Hulk is the one who stops fighting claiming victory, and Thor is forced to look at all the death and destruction around him they caused because he kept fighting. If he would have simply said, yeah Hulk you're stronger it would have been avoided. The title of the story was "Be Thou God or Monster!" referring to Thor's revelation at the end. Great issue written by Stan Lee himself.

Well, a CGC 9.8 popped up on eBay last week. Thor #385 CGC 9.8 on eBay

I contacted the seller immediately and the rest as they say is history. :headbang:

Thor385CGC982.jpg

Congrats! :applause:

Since being introduced to this book a while back, I just fell in love with the image and color. I proudly present: 5DBE236F-08F1-4FFC-9537-0CF2F4BB0386-31409-000017CF7DC8CBDB.jpg

Skrewing that plan up even more was not alerting the person who would have easily paid more than anyone else. :baiting:

Skrewing that plan up even more was not alerting the person who would have easily paid more than anyone else. :baiting:

It will make it worse if he comes back with, "You collect Hulk comics?"

:ohnoez:

The more I look at this cover, the more I like it!

It really is. They just look better in hand. The colors jump out at you.

The more I look at this cover, the more I like it!

It really is. They just look better in hand. The colors jump out at you.

:cry: