• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Superhero Movie of all Time - for releases thru 2012 - Poll

Best Superhero Movie of all time  

903 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movie of all time

195 posts in this topic

The Incredibles was the most satisfying "superhero" movie I've seen. I'd love to see Brad Bird do a live action superhero movie ( with hopefully better writing than the Mission Impossible film he did). Of the live action flicks - I'd go with Batman Begins. The opening to Dark Knight was excellent, and Ledger was a superb Joker, but the film starts unraveling about halfway through.

Haven't seen the third Nolan Batfilm, and Tom Hardy has done some great stuff, but the from what I've read of the plot - it sounds stupid. I'll get around to it at some point though.

Other superhero films I've really enjoyed are the Burton Batman films, the first Rami Spider-man, the first Iron Man movie and the first Hellboy. There''s a number I haven't seen, but of the ones I have, they range from somewhat entertaining to downright awful.

My personal opinion of the above three films is that one is a masterpiece, one is pretty good but not a big deal and one is barely OK and doesn't bear repeated viewings.

So, obviously, different strokes and all that... :grin:

No! We have to argue over who has the best taste! :sumo:

I am curious which of those three you think is barely okay. Ouch.

Back To The Future. Never been a fan. (shrug)

I haven't seen either Cars movies yet, but loved the Toy Story trilogy. I really enjoyed Brave last year as well (even bought the Christmas ornament).

I haven't seen it either.

Cars was my least favorite Pixar movie, skipped Cars 2 because of godawful reviews. Toy Story trilogy is fantastic.

I haven't seen either Cars movies yet, but loved the Toy Story trilogy. I really enjoyed Brave last year as well (even bought the Christmas ornament).

Cars was my least favorite Pixar movie, skipped Cars 2 because of godawful reviews. Toy Story trilogy is fantastic.

.....yes it is....and I've seen it 60,000 times spread out over 6 different nieces and nephews. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Okay, for reals ... what was up with that "I'm always angry" bit?? Does that make some sort of sense? I still dug Avengers, but that preys on my serenity.
It means that Banner can transform into the Hulk whenever he wants to. He only loses control when an outside force, like Loki, exerts a greater influence.

Seemed clear to me .

(worship) lets hear your list

I could never come up with a Top Three movies of All Time. There are too many genres. Too many possibilities within a genre.

But a few films from different genres I think are IMPORTANT and ALSO worthy of being in a Top Spot are (I would ordinarily CAPITALIZE film names, but when they are listed like this it is OK to Proper Case them)::

Maltese Falcon, 12 Angry Men (1957), My Man Godfrey, Flash Gordon (1980), Ed Wood.

The original King Kong, Frankenstein, Dracula, Invisible Man and Wolf Man.

Werewolf Of London, American Werewolf In London, Blood and Donuts, Bride of the Monster.

The Princess Bride, Young Frankenstein, Silence of the Lambs, Manhunter, Serenity.

The Thing From Another World, The Day the Earth Stood Still, John Carpenter's The Thing, Alien, Predator.

Just a few of many dozens more. To reduce the entirety of film to three? It is inanity.

This is how much I respect your inability to make a decision:

GeorgeBushFingerGesture.jpg

The Three Greatest Movies of All Time That You Can't Possibly Not Love

Back to the Future

Jaws

Toy Story

So recalcitrant. (tsk)

:whatev:

.....yes it is....and I've seen it 60,000 times spread out over 6 different nieces and nephews. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have watched the Cars movie, at least 60 to 70 times, no joke...there was a time when my kids would put it on everyday.... doh!

I have the "I'm a precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics" ringin' in my ear everytime I hear of the movie

Cars is a nice movie for kids, Jerel. Loads of positive messaging about appreciating friends and what you have in life, and being #1 isn't always what makes you a better person. My sons have more friends that are nuts over Cars compared to Toy Story (e.g. Cars bed sheets, Cars curtains, Cars action figures). And it is incredible how many kids have huge Cars collections that are posted on Youtube. Paul Newman as Doc Hudson was a nice touch in the first film. We haven't seen the second movie yet.

the first Hellboy

Still a favorite. Hellboy II had loads of extra characters that were very unique. But the first movie had that WOW factor going for it, in that Guillermo del Toro really nailed the primary characters in the Hellboy universe, while also inserting part of his own influence into some of the primary leads such as Liz Sherman.

:cloud9:

The Dark Knight.

For a lifelong Batman fan the Nolan films have been the best representation of the character from the comics that I grew up with. Nolan also made Bruce Wayne an interesting character and not just a secondary character like Burton did.

The film had pace, action and great acting. Unlike the boring and utterly forgettable Batman Returns, which for a 12 yr old at the time I found it boring!

Am surprised no one voted for X-Men. :(

Man, when that movie came out, there were viral videos, multiple mini-trailers, a media event for the Mutant Registration Act, special websites and all sorts of great online content. It was a blockbuster back then, fans loved it and it raised the bar for superhero films.

STUNNED by all the votes for TDKR, the 3rd best movie in it's own series. :(

I think fans can be fickle about movies, and can forget how great things were with the movies that preceded their new favorites.

Man, when that movie came out, there were viral videos, multiple mini-trailers, a media event for the Mutant Registration Act, special websites and all sorts of great online content. It was a blockbuster back then, fans loved it and it raised the bar for superhero films.

(tsk) Not all fans loved it. At the time I was a huge X-MEN fan and had been so for over 20 years. Terribly disappointed with that movie. As a pure action / adventure film I thought it was pretty solid. As an X-MEN movie... :sick:

(tsk) Not all fans loved it. At the time I was a huge X-MEN fan and had been so for over 20 years. Terribly disappointed with that movie. As a pure action / adventure film I thought it was pretty solid. As an X-MEN movie... :sick:

In my neck of the woods, it was very popular. 83% on Rotten Tomatoes also shows that it stands the test of time. It was a marketing juggernaut, which no doubt helped it in the box office. And considering that it was making a big move in a not-too-crowded comic book film marketplace ($75M budget), it had to make concessions in it's -script to make it appealing to audiences while running the risk of offending purists.

It not only made truckloads of money, it spawned a new generation of fans, increased sales of books, continued to put out more films and sequels allowing the X-men franchise to remain popular and opened the door to a lot more comic book movies being made. Again, not sure why fans have a problem with the movie, as it's done 100X more good than it's done harm in the marketplace.

I think you're still angry that Hugh Jackman is Wolverine. ;)

I chose other.

Although Raimi's first Spider-Man movie was like nothing I had ever seen and The Avengers was (for me anyway) a dream movie come true, I think Captain America: The First Avenger is the superhero movie that I have enjoyed he most.