• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Superhero Movie of all Time - for releases thru 2012 - Poll

Best Superhero Movie of all time  

903 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movie of all time

195 posts in this topic

Spidey 1 :headbang:

Seeing Spider-Man movie in the theater the first time was an amazing feeling. But don't you think Spider-Man 2 was the better of the Raimi films? I'd put it up in the top 3 comic movies.

Dunno why, but Spidey 1 did a lot more for me than 2. Spidey 2 was still mighty boss though, don't get me wrong. I didn't even hate 3. :shy:

Emo Peter Parker killed it for me...

I really enjoyed Thomas Jane in The Punisher. Other for me.

I thought it was a fun movie too! Did you see Janes short film about Punisher,very cool.

That was awesome, I think the Punisher films are underrated, I even liked the second one, its just a pity Jane wasnt playing the part.

(thumbs u

No love for Dolph?

Yep. List needed some V for Vendetta on it. I thought Captain America was a great period piece type of film. With the technological Hydra stuff, it had a cool 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' feel to it, but with a Marvel character.

Now if you're talking comic book movies in general.I would have to put these movies in my favorite column.

V for Vendetta

Sin City

Wanted

Road to Perdition

Road to Perdition was superb. Could put it up against any of the great mobster movies.

Yep. List needed some V for Vendetta on it. I thought Captain America was a great period piece type of film. With the technological Hydra stuff, it had a cool 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' feel to it, but with a Marvel character.

Now if you're talking comic book movies in general.I would have to put these movies in my favorite column.

V for Vendetta

Sin City

Wanted

Road to Perdition

Road to Perdition was superb. Could put it up against any of the great mobster movies.

I have to agree with this statement.

And that Paul Newman death scene was hardcore gangster.

A fantastic movie!

??? You're correct. The characters were very in character to how they were portrayed in the recent movies (shrug)

So I think what you're saying is you didn't like the Avengers movie?

It made me angry all the time.

I voted for Superman The Movie (1978). Why? Because it was the most EPIC of the superhero films. Huge budget (relative to the time), great screenplay (Mario Puzo), terrific director (Richard Donner), incredible supporting cast (Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty, Jackie Cooper, Glenn Ford, Terrence Stamp), ridiculous original score (John Williams), and break-out roles for two relative unknown actors (Chris Reeve; Margot Kidder) who really breathed life into the the two lead characters and created great on-screen chemistry. Much of it shot on location in New York City, so you really felt the vibe of "Metropolis." I can't think of another superhero film where one actor (Chris Reeve) made the superhero and alter ego/civilian seem so absolutely real. And the scene of Superman catching the falling helicopter while carrying Lois ("You've got me? Who's got you?!!") with the crowd below watching in awe -- still so inspiring to watch for the 200th time.

The DK movies were quite good, but some times too long or a bit boring. The first 2 Raimi Spider-Man movies probably are the closest runners-up to Superman The Movie in terms of getting it right and holding your attention start to finish. Avengers is exceptional, but had the advantage of leveraging 5 or so characters that already were "movie-worthy" and tried and tested.

Honorable mention to X-Men 2 and Iron Man I.

V for Vendetta

Sin City

Wanted

Road to Perdition

A fantastic movie!

It took a while for him to get there (Bosom Buddies, Bachelor Party, Money Pit string of comedies) but Tom Hanks has become one of the best actors of our generation echoing that old Hollywood feel that is seldom seen.

V for Vendetta

Sin City

Wanted

Road to Perdition

A fantastic movie!

It took a while for him to get there (Bosom Buddies, Bachelor Party, Money Pit string of comedies) but Tom Hanks has become one of the best actors of our generation echoing that old Hollywood feel that is seldom seen.

Have to respectfully disagree with there, at least in regards to Money Pit. I haven't seen it for a while, but the scene where he's stuck in the floor in the rug makes me chuckle. Hanks has been in soooo many good movies.

I'm happy Spider-man 2 gets some respect, I enjoyed it so much more than the first. Molina did a great Doc. Ock.

I thought he did a good job and the action scenes were good, but why did he have to take off his damn mask so much?!?