• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Superhero Movie of all Time - for releases thru 2012 - Poll

Best Superhero Movie of all time  

903 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movie of all time

195 posts in this topic

:preach:

I guess I am showing my age as I picked Superman (1978). I was 11 and the movie had just come out around Christmas time. Waited forever in line to get in and sat through it twice. As a comic book fan, it was awesome to see the story on the silver screen. It was the first superhero movie to have real success and paved the way for the rest of them.

^^

That's why there isn't a 'best movie of all time' poll.

It would be:

Unforgiven

Saving Private Ryan

Shawshank redemption

And then we'd all have to fight to the death

lol "Of all time"? These three? :roflmao:

I agree as these being among

The best of ALL TIME

Those are among mine, plus BRAVEHEART

It would be:

Unforgiven

Saving Private Ryan

Shawshank redemption

The best of ALL TIME

It's a great list. I'd put Shawshank and Unforgiven in there as well. (thumbs u

And you are not alone, as Shawshank was rated the best of all time by at least one well established poll

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

Iron man was my favorite. Since i was a kid i thought Iron man had "A" list potential and it was too bad it was never realized by marvel. I was shocked to see how good this movie was and how the hero in it was better than in the comic books. Audience loved it. Finally a hero who wasn't socially retarded and cooped up in a cave with a bunch of bats.

It would be:

Unforgiven

Saving Private Ryan

Shawshank redemption

The best of ALL TIME

And you are not alone, as Shawshank was rated the best of all time by at least one well established poll

Actually this is not a "best of all time" poll but simply a "most popular" poll among members of IMDB.

It would be:

Unforgiven

Saving Private Ryan

Shawshank redemption

The best of ALL TIME

Actually this is not a "best of all time" poll but simply a "most popular" poll among members of IMDB.

(shrug)

What defines one opinion as better than others?

It's great to get together and discuss interests and favorites, but too many times it becomes 'I poo poo your opinion'.

Your opinion on peoples opinions is complete garbage. :baiting:

It's great to get together and discuss interests and favorites, but too many times it becomes 'I poo poo your opinion'.

Yes, yours too, mine is the only one that is really important :baiting:

Yes, yours too, mine is the only one that is really important :baiting:

Poo poo I say :baiting:

It would be:

Unforgiven

Saving Private Ryan

Shawshank redemption

The best of ALL TIME

(shrug)

What defines one opinion as better than others?

Nothing does or can. But pronouncing "best of all time" sounds less like an opinion and more like a statement of fact. I just find the concept of it silly and I poo poo on the idea of a "Best of All Time" list. I also poo poo on the IMDB list. I frequent IMDB to read the message boards. They can make the WC sound like an Ivy League college by comparison.

atleast there is some love for my fav - Superman (1978).

I love that movie not only for nostalgic reasons, but because (just like supes was the first

superhero) that was the first movie that set a winning formula for many to follow.

I still get goosebumps thinking of that helicopter scene.

RIP

Christopher Reeve

atleast there is some love for my fav - Superman (1978).

I love that movie not only for nostalgic reasons, but because (just like supes was the first

superhero) that was the first movie that set a winning formula for many to follow.

I still get goosebumps thinking of that helicopter scene.

RIP

Christopher Reeve

As soon as the SUPERMAN VHS tape came out I bought it. This forced me to then buy a VCR, which I did. (true story)

Avengers and The Dark Knight are very close. The big difference for me is that the Batman movies are great movies, but I felt like Avengers had a better comic book feel to it.

The Avengers felt like the Marvel Universe coming to life in front of me. It was just so well done and the interaction between the heroes was perfect.

I agree. I actually voted for the Avengers even though Dark Knight is a better movie. I can watch the Avengers over and over. Dark Knight, not so much.

I am shocked at how few votes the Spider-Man movies have gotten. I thought there would be more love for the character.

I guess Spider-Man has lost some fans this year.

The character doesn't determine whether the movie is good or not, just like the comics. There are plenty of crappy SPIDEY comics out there too. They're not good just BECAUSE he stars in them.

Just for the record SPIDEY 1&2 are among my favourite superhero movies and SUPERMAN 1 is my favourite, although I'm not really fans of each character.

Hellboy really was a great movie. Great actors, great makeup, set, plot, great -script/dialogue - just well done imo. One I also still enjoy was League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I enjoyed Connery and the Nautilus.

Really? I thought LoEG was by far one of the worst movies I've ever seen and the HELLBOY movies were my least favourite DEL TORRO movies.

As soon as the SUPERMAN VHS tape came out I bought it. This forced me to then buy a VCR, which I did. (true story)

The Matrix DVD forced me to buy and install a desktop DVD player, as it was my first-ever DVD. So I can understand about the media driving your buying habits to enjoy a film.

And I was not disappointed!

:cloud9: