• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Superhero Movie of all Time - for releases thru 2012 - Poll

Best Superhero Movie of all time  

903 members have voted

1. 1. Best Superhero Movie of all time

195 posts in this topic

Believe it or not I went with Batman Begins over Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises.

It was because of Batman Begins that I actually started to care about Batman again. I never saw it in the theater but once I caught it on disc I was so blown away that I felt I had to see the next installment.

Without Batman Begins there is no Dark Knight.

I liked the Crow (original), Captain America, and V For Vendetta more than any of the ones on this list... So, I picked other... But, the best movie actually listed is a toss-up between the 1989 Batman, The Dark Knight and the Avengers...

X-Men First Class really had a great story, and the characters in the movie seemed to capture the spirit of the comic book heroes and villains we love so much. I'm surprised more have not voted for this movie, as it was a surprise hit for me.

But Dark Knight with Heath will always rank high for a great comic book movie.

Shame I couldn't vote for the Hulk 2008, can't believe it hasn't got any votes. TDK takes it by a mile, but I really love that Hulk movie.

I couldn't even count how many times I have stopped to watch The Dark Knight, it is so captivating. And even worse is when I get a chance to work from home, and make the mistake of putting it on for background noise.

:ohnoez:

I went with The Dark Knight, ever since I first noticed Christian Bale in Empire of the Sun, I just knew he was going to be a up and coming star. Add Heath Ledger into the mix, and that amazing supporting cast: Morgan Freeman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart, etc. I mean, come on, stellar cast!!!

OMG!!! I'm forgetting Gary Oldman!!!

My top three favorites are:

1) The Dark Knight (2008)

2) Iron Man (2008)

3) Avengers (2012)

But I love a lot of the movies on that list.

I also loved Constantine and Spawn (which everyone seems to hate :) )

You are pretty much on target with where I'm at. I hedge on Batman Begins and Dark Knight, so I'll put them 1 and 1A

1) Batman Begins

1A) The Dark Knight

2) Iron Man

3) The Avengers

Yep. List needed some V for Vendetta on it. I thought Captain America was a great period piece type of film. With the technological Hydra stuff, it had a cool 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' feel to it, but with a Marvel character.

Okay, for reals ... what was up with that "I'm always angry" bit?? Does that make some sort of sense? I still dug Avengers, but that preys on my serenity.

Of course it does...because it was STUPID. Kind of like how Tony Stark tells Bruce Banner "And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster". Nice little chuckle for the fans, but totally out of character and stupid.

But does it make sense in any way? I mean...

angry = HULK

angry all the time = HULK ALL THE TIME

no? Why not just throw in a McGuffin drug, or some Zen nonsense or something...anything really? And hadn't he JUST lost control and turned all Hulkish in the helicarrier, 'cuz he couldn't control himself?

My "of course" was for you saying it payed on your serenity. It looks like I'm as confusing as that stupid line in the movie lol

Yep. List needed some V for Vendetta on it. I thought Captain America was a great period piece type of film. With the technological Hydra stuff, it had a cool 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' feel to it, but with a Marvel character.

Now if you're talking comic book movies in general.I would have to put these movies in my favorite column.

V for Vendetta

Sin City

Wanted

Road to Perdition

Was V really a superhero movie? ???

I went with Superman 2, and was surprised Superman got so many more votes. Terrence Stamp takes the sequel to another level. Reeve brought such a great sense of dignity and grace to the role of Supes I think it will be difficult to top.

After that I'd have to go with The Avengers and Iron Man. And I could go another 20-deep before having to resort to a Nolan exercise in tedium and murk.

Best anti-superhero superhero movie: Mister Freedom (1969), a parody of the superhero movie genre before the genre really even existed. Think Captain America as a raging racist and imperialist goon, with groovy underground costumes.

For me, The Dark Knight is my clear cut favorite.

After that it gets a bit tougher, but I'd probably rank my top 5 like this:

1. The Dark Knight (I loved Heath's Joker; wish he was around for more :cry: )

2. Iron Man

3. Batman Begins

4. Superman II (I liked Zod)

5. Avengers

I'll have to rerun this poll in the future (perhaps annually?) to see how everyone's preferences change over time, and with the introduction of new Superhero movies. I'll probably add a few suggestions from those that voted in the Other category in future polls, although from the looks of things, no individual movie that has been mentioned from the Other category would have cracked the top 3 this year (as there has been a number of faves listed in the Other category by boardies).

Now if you're talking comic book movies in general.I would have to put these movies in my favorite column.

V for Vendetta

Sin City

Wanted

Road to Perdition

GHOST WORLD if we open it up to comic books in general!