• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm not sure where else to go with this

25 posts in this topic

I sent in a submission waay back in July.

It was 4 books and they were graded and sent back on Sept 11 2012.

Today is January 3rd 2013, and I still have not received my books.

After a month, I called the post office and filed a claim over the phone. They told me that they would get back to me within 24-48 hours. A week later, I had not received a response from the post office, so I called them again. They told me that they had no information and that I needed to have the shipper file a claim.

I called CGC and spoke to someone in the shipping department who gave me a long story about a shipping container full of registered mail items that the post office misplaced and that their were 7 CGC packages headed to California that were in the container.

This is the first problem I have with this situation. I understand that CGC did not lose my package. However, as someone who has spent a lot of time in the customer service industry, I would think that if CGC knows that they have 7 lost packages they would give the customers a courtesy call or even an email to at least inform them of a potential issue with the order. This is quite simply good customer service. Instead the lack of this type of contact just seems to have been an indicator of things to come.

After speaking with the shipping department. I decided to hold off on a claim being filed since they were pretty certain that the container would be found by the holidays since they were in contact with the postmaster in Florida and getting updates almost daily.

This was in October. I waited until Dec. 11th in order to give them 3 months to locate my package. I called CGC to have them file a claim. This time I was not allowed to speak to anybody in the shipping dept and was told that it was up to me. I informed the customer service person that the post office told me the shipper needed to file the claim and I was told that they never file claims. They only gather the information the post office requests and then they give it to them.

So, I filed a claim. I called CGC once again when the claim form asked for the original postal receipt, amount paid for shipping, or the original label. I was informed that they would provide all of that information to the post office when they requested it. So I submitted the claim with the information I had.

Today I received a request from the post office for the evidence of mailing. Which is the amount paid, the original, receipt, or the mailing label (according to the letter one of these will be enough) They also requested the signature of the mailer of the package, or of the person with physical possession of the mailing receipt. Which would be CGC. I called again and told them what the post office was requesting. I was told they would gather the information and send it to me.

I am pretty fed up with CGC's customer service at this point. I have been selling things on eBay for over 10 years and I have been purchasing things through the mail for just as long. In every single case, it is always up to the shipper to resolve why the package was lost. I am not expecting CGC to replace my books. I just wanted more assistance in getting the issue with the post office resolved. Instead, they have created more work for me, and themselves. Now, I have to wait for them to gather the information (which will take a day or two according to them), ship it to me, and then I need to ship it to the post office. If they had just filed the claim in the first place, then the post office could have sent them the information request and then they could have sent the information to the post office directly.

Apparently, at least 4 of the other people who had packages sent out on the same day have already filed claims. I wonder if they are having the same issues I am having? I also wonder if they have been able to resolve anything?

I think its ok to come here with this. Also there's an Ask CGC subforum you might be interested in if you have more direct questions.

Good luck.

Apparently, at least 4 of the other people who had packages sent out on the same day have already filed claims. I wonder if they are having the same issues I am having? I also wonder if they have been able to resolve anything?

You can ready another Boardies similar story here.

I think its ok to come here with this. Also there's an Ask CGC subforum you might be interested in if you have more direct questions.

Good luck.

That would be the LAST place I would post. This is the best place.

Yikes. You waited longer than I would have. Sounds like at the LEAST CGC should be co-operating with USPS since THEY shipped it. At the end of the day, it's the shipper, though---as it's left CGC. If they have to get involved to get your insured amount then they need to git r done.

In reading the other thread I'm getting a rather unsettling feeling that CGC's ability or desire to help (because by virtue of the process they must) isn't there.

Not good.

When I had a package lost by USPS the seller (this was an ebay transaction) and I both went at it from our respective sides since each of us had part of the puzzle... if you arent getting any support from CGC on this matter the odds of it being resolved are pretty slim since you have far less information about the package than CGC would (since they are the originator of it).

good luck!

I'm baffled as to why they wouldn't give you everything they had the first time you asked.

Generally, stuff like this is not shared when the company is in the wrong and trying to hold out as long as possible, doesn't actually have the info, is so overworked that a simple request like this gets borked, or has an overzealous employee trying to "man the walls" against the customer.

Good luck! :wishluck:

Thanks for the info.

I did try to post this in ask CGC and for some reason it never showed up.

I get the feeling that only myself, the person in the shipping dept, and the person who answers the phones in customer service are the only people who have any idea this is going on. Since they seem to only have one customer service rep.

I am going to go check that other thread out now.

I wish you the best of luck.

I had to file a claim for a box of cracked slabs, and after getting the info from CGC it did not go well with the USPS.

The claim was denied and I had to file an appeal (which I won).

CGC does not have the little slip like you get at the post office when you ship registered mail.

This caused a problem with my claim.

Nutflush

lol

Nutflush

lol

The highest flush on the board or another term for 'cleaning the pipes'. You be the judge.

Oh, that's a poker term? I retract my lol and replace it with meh

Nutflush

lol

The highest flush on the board or another term for 'cleaning the pipes'. You be the judge.

Oh, that's a poker term? I retract my lol and replace it with meh

Yeah, it's a poker term. But could be interpreted differently. That's kind of why I chose it. :grin:

I bet this thread magically disappears....

Good luck man. I would be pissed and would have never waited that long. Heck I was annoyed when I made an eBay purchase and hadn't gotten any confirmation from the seller 24 hours later. Apparently I already archived the email though...

My most recent submission was 5 day Magazine Express. The package arrived crushed, the slab damaged, and now I get to wait weeks for a reslabbing.

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee::whee: