• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its Back!! Detective 29 CGC 1.0 now a 1.5

44 posts in this topic

This is the same book sold on ebay a few months back

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview.asp%3Fcode%3D2013jan%26session%3D2%26pg%3D4%23Item_953504&id=953504

I guess with some more tape and the cover aligned much better the grade went up a half a point. I never understood why it was so poorly aligned in the first place. It will be interesting to see how this does as the original ebay Sparkle City price of $9600 was felt to be very strong. Now the same book with a half grade bump is back up for sale a short time later.

James G

When it was listed on C-link for sale a few weeks back I had them send me a back cover scan as this is in my price range.

The back cover was short of the left edge by what seems 1/2".

Yikes!

pics?

I can post the pic tonight when I get home.

I find it hard to believe that some auction houses don't post back covers of high $ comics.

All of my comic listings on ebay show front and back cover scans. Even $10 and under comics get the back cover scanned.

pics?

I can post the pic tonight when I get home.

I find it hard to believe that some auction houses don't post back covers of high $ comics.

All of my comic listings on ebay show front and back cover scans. Even $10 and under comics get the back cover scanned.

Agree completely.

Here's the previous FC scan. Looks like that piece in upper right came off when it was re slabbed.

C1025277-938D-4284-A6E1-6F30D2425CA0-936-00000088F04A918A.jpg

66568D1A-4D95-40DC-8830-FFC7E4FEBB35-936-00000088D8CC6508.jpg

Reminds me of Cousin Eddie talking about his daughter. doh!

"She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule, they go back. I don't know."

"Book gets taped up, a piece falls off. Book gets re graded, grade goes up. I don't know."

Here's the previous FC scan. Looks like that piece in upper right came off when it was re slabbed.

C1025277-938D-4284-A6E1-6F30D2425CA0-936-00000088F04A918A.jpg

66568D1A-4D95-40DC-8830-FFC7E4FEBB35-936-00000088D8CC6508.jpg

Reminds me of Cousin Eddie talking about his daughter. doh!

"She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule, they go back. I don't know."

"Book gets taped up, a piece falls off. Book get re graded, grade goes up. I don't know."

dude, I love Christmas vacation! My fam watches that every holiday season lol

"Can't see the line can ya Russ?!" lol

Someone please explain what is going on here... (shrug)

tec29bc.jpg

It is one fugly book. I am just floored at the prices these low grade books are commanding for price. I would personally own one book in 4.0 to 6.0 than 10 books in this type of condition but to each their own.

Anyone else hate the bonus cgc gives taped books? At the very list they should green label these. Personally I avoid any book that has been taped.

Agreed, adding tape to bump the grade is a black eye for CGC. For the benefit of future generations, this comic needs restoration by a profession, not a tape job.

It's a bit disconcerting that someone could apply non-archival tape to a book and get an upgrade in a blue label holder, yet applying archival fully removable rice paper or some such to seal a spine split will get a purple. Alas though, this has been hashed and re-hashed.

It also took a hit on the top right corner...

Piece fell off during pressing?

What did it sell for at the 1.0 grade?

And I'm not sure how it got a 1.5 in it's current state regardless of tape.

That BC isn't a slight miscut... it's been trimmed. :(

Why no designation as such?!