• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets see those BIG 10 centers and still 10 Centers

280 posts in this topic

asw119.jpg

I love those All-Star Western Johnny Thunders!

:cool:

They may be the toughest of any DCs from 1961 to find though. In any event, they're right up (down?) there with Heart Throbs, Secret Hearts and Fox & the Crow in difficulty.

:(

While the shift from 10 to 12 cents is a convenient way of separating the early silver age from the later silver age ( or "Marvel" age), visually and thematically I always lump the DC block 10 and block 12 and the Marvel/Atlas circle 10 and circle 12 books together as the transitional niche.

Perceptive thinking!

...thematically I always lump the DC block 10 ... and the Marvel/Atlas circle 10 ... together as the transitional niche. Even Charlton did something similar with it's oblong quadrilateral.

Hmmmmm. Maybe we could ask Frozentundraguy whether he wants to expand the mandate of this thread to Marvel/Atlas circle 10c and Charlton Still 10c comics.

???

I think we can allow the Marvel/Atlas circle 10 and Charlton's oblong quadrilateral hm books. :grin:

This could bring a few more players into the thread. ;)

Det296.jpg

Excellent copy. :headbang: This is one of my favorite Detective books of the early 60's.

It doesn't seem nearly goofy enough to be an early 60s Batman/Detective cover does it?

No, but Batman is battling a bad guy from outer space. :whistle:

At least he's not a rainbow creature.

Always loved this cover, one of the best Supergirls SA covers IMO:

act276.jpg

Sweet copy! :headbang: She looks a bit like Marilyn M.

Intentionally, I would guess. Not a bad way to spice up the cover!

At least he's not a rainbow creature.

Not that there's anything wrong with that you know. We're very inclusive here on this board. Rainbow creatures, space aliens, mutants, mad geniuses, friendly ghosts, whatever, they're all welcome here!

;)