• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superior Spiderman

287 posts in this topic

Just finished Ss1 and yeah, if ASM 701 hasn't started within a year then I'll be "amazed", ffs they even set the premise for his return in this issue.

This and the Dying Wish arc is a perfect reminder as to why Superheroe comics are mess (Hawkguy excepted)

You think its that bad?

Unfortunately I do.

The inner monologue of Spidey is laughable and repetitive, his tortured angst is contrived and convoluted - YES WE KNOW HIS LOYALTIES / PRIORITIES ARE DIVIDED - STOP RAMMING IT DOWN OUR THROATS EVERY TWO MINUTES - WE GET IT !!

However, songsaboutclouds got it spot on earlier in the thread, it's a MARVELlous marketing ploy. 250k copies for Issue 700 - wow!!

I was especially disappointed, as the Dying Wish arc was the first time I had read a Spider-Man book in ten years, and I was hoping it would reinvigorate my love of Spidey, alas it has done the

exact opposite.

Sorry to be a mess

So what's the deal with baby variant. My LCS didn't get any in (or, more accurately didn't have any). Midtown's sold out and it looks like they're going for $7-$12 on eBay at the moment.

Is this an incentive variant? Sold in select stores? Kind of odd that this one is the hottest of the covers (though I think the McGuinness one is going to rise pretty steadily).

It's a type of incentive variant.

You had to order more copies of a recent comic (Avengers Vs X-Men #11 If I remember correctly).

So if you ordered 50 AVX #11 you had to order 51 copies of SS #1 then you could order as many Baby variants as you wanted.

So it doesn't equate to a 1:10, 1:50.

some shops could order, others couldn't

+1

Yeah I figured my LCS won't have the baby variants so pre ordered most of them on ebay! (thumbs u

it was tough ordering.

AVX #11 was our highest ordered book for that month.

We knew PP wouldn't be in Superior #1 and there may be a backlash from fans.

We ordered more anyway, sold out on today of everything!

There will be shops that took the other option & ordered light & didn't qualify.

Larry perhaps (shrug)

:ohnoez::jokealert:

i think they can milk it for quite some time....at least a year.

Since Marvel's trying to make all their books bi-weekly that'd put it, give or take, at ASM 725.

Sounds about right.

It's the only reason I'm getting this book,because they will go back to ASM.Keeping a run complete sucks sometimes. :pullhair:

Anyone else getting that '90s deja-vu feeling?

That Ditko variant, whist paying homage to Spidey, is going to be a new comic reader killer.

Whoever the poor saps are paying 1k for it are going to be in tears when they can't get $150 for it in 18 months time (if that).

I hope no-one here gets caught with it!

it's not the same as the 90s, simply because people have a much greater avenue for selling their comics than they did 20 years ago. And they can sell them quicker.

You don't have to set up a table or beg a LCS owner to buy your at a heavy discount.

it's not the same as the 90s, simply because people have a much greater avenue for selling their comics than they did 20 years ago. And they can sell them quicker.

You don't have to set up a table or beg a LCS owner to buy your at a heavy discount.

Fair point K, I should have been more specific and state 'the start of the 90's bust'.

I was just refering to the ridiculous amount of variants that the big 3 are putting out currently.

Hasn't one comic got 53 different covers or something??

Thats insane - surely you must agree with that?

I really don't want to buy any variants but I couldn't help myself. I got a McGuiness variant, a Blank, and a Young(baby) cover today. I skipped the regular cover.

BTW, my LCS had plenty of the 'regular' 700 variants back in stock. I didn't buy any. The thicker book caused plenty of bindery problems, especially on the corners. They just were not in good shape.

An interesting article I just read at comicbook.com about Superior Spider-man and Amazing Spider-man Comics, the secret letter at the back of the book and what the future may hold for the character.

"Superior Spider-Man #1, which was released in comic book stores today, has a secret letter column. Fans can watch the secret letter column by downloading the Marvel Augmented Reality App and pointing their phone’s camera at the last page of the Superior Spider-Man #1.

The Superior Spider-Man #1 secret letter column is actually a video featuring Superior Spider-Man editors Steve Wacker and Ellie Pyle, as wells as Superior Spider-Man writer Dan Slott. In the first letter, Anthony DeRiso writes that he hopes Amazing Spider-Man will be started up again so he can start buying it again. Slott replies, “Well, thanks for writing in Anthony. We’ll see you in a few years.”

Editor Steve Wacker then points out that the letter writer is assuming that Amazing is coming back, but Slott yells, “No, no, Amazing Spider-Man is dead, dead…Anthony.”

In the second letter, Mridul Sharma is also upset over what has transpired with Spider-Man. In answering the letter, Slott says, “Peter Parker is not gone. His spirit lives on.” Check out all the letters in the video below."

So....um.....yeah....hmmm...this happened today.

"....And speaking of tricks: In a separate video, Slott addresses the red herring he "accidentally" tweeted back in October, which suggested that Miguel O'Hara — Spider-Man 2099 — was the new Superior Spider-Man. The writer — who wrote Spider-Man 2099 in the 2010 video game Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions — apologized to fans of the character who got their hopes up, and stated, "This is not a trick. This is not a prank. You will see Miguel O'Hara in Superior Spider-Man.""

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dan-slott-superior-spider-man-2099.html