• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Midtown is all about quantity, not quality... McDonald's of the comics world... 10,000,000,000 served... Not well, but served.

I thought Mile High Comics deserved that honor? :grin:

how were your forbidden planet issues packed by the way? curious to know how they pack for international shipments

They packed 2 per a cardboard envelope and each issue was bagged & boarded with another board in the front of each issue. All the cardboard envelopes were then placed into a bubble mailer. All the way from the UK on two different shipments and zero damage. I can't say the same for all the shipments I've had from Midtown.

You can ask them to ship in a box, they are really nice about it.

"Hi there,

Sorry about the delay in reply, your order would be tracked and we can box it for you.

The comics would also be bagged & boarded for these variants.

Would you like to go ahead?

Best,

Mail Order Team "

Got my order from FP - Each comic came in its own bag/board - with 1 board on each side, then placed in a padded envelope AND shipped in a box with a TON of packaging material = A+

My biggest beef with mile high (and I know you'll all disagree with me) is that before something hits the shelves (east of west for example) it's already been marked up to 7.99.

I don't have a problem with comic stores making money and certainly don't think it's an issue to mark up a retailer variant or a 1:whatever variant. Even holding some back and limiting #s is fine.

I do have a bit of an issue with the standard cover being marked up before its even had time to accrue value. Seems like the store getting to vested in the speculator game for my taste ( maybe this isn't the best way of putting it but it just rubs me wrong). And I don't even know what that cover price is for at that point. Other then that, mile high has been fine for me.

(Getting off of soap box)

it's right between superman 17 and 18, which seems to be falling about a point a month.

Superman 16 was 50,500ish, so i would guess it lands around high 40s, something like a 48. Probably in the 47-53 range.

Calling all peoples with the Ghost Variant

There is faint, vertical red mark beside the top staple that is roughly the height of the staple on all my copies. It looks like it is a printing problem.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Calling all peoples with the Ghost Variant

There is faint, vertical red mark beside the top staple that is roughly the height of the staple on all my copies. It looks like it is a printing problem.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Nope. Not an issue on mine.