• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

one of my customers used to work on the Manhattan Project......he's 93 and fits right in to the comic.

Wow, that is actually really cool.

he's pretty cool, mind is razor sharp.

MP is brilliant to me. EoW will have broader appeal IMHO due to MP being a more cerebral book (too early to judge or label EoW, but didn't get the same brainy feeling off issue #1). As with any book, a long of factors are at play. We'll see what happens...

Couldnt say this better

Zelda the best game ever

Totally worth the derail...

LoZ: Ocarina of Time changed my life. Still probably the best game I have ever played. Granted, Twilight Princess had better graphics, but OoT did it first with regards to 3D Zelda worlds. I need to replay this (have the master disk on Wii). I may just do that soon.

Rerail:

When I saw the triangle symbol on EoW, the first thing I thought was Triforce. If I could ask Hickman one question a out EoW, it would be about this symbol and its origin. Okay, someone tweet him (TBP :baiting: )

Ocarina of Time :cloud9: I played it to death, for some reason I just couldnt get into Majora's Mask and Zelda OOT once you have completed it, you can never go back, left wanting man :makepoint:

Lots of games with better graphics, story, effects, etc but this was the first to blow my mind.

Greatest game ever (thumbs u

Ocarina of Time :cloud9: I played it to death, for some reason I just couldnt get into Majora's Mask and Zelda OOT once you have completed it, you can never go back, left wanting man :makepoint:

Lots of games with better graphics, story, effects, etc but this was the first to blow my mind.

+1 dedicated a whole winter to this game and then spent the whole spring trying to find the tri-force which did not exist.

I had Far's "Tin Cans with Strings to You" playing in the background. Now whenever I hear a track from that album, I am taken back to that special place.

Re-rail: "...Too bad. Natural Selection would have loved you." still my favorite line from issue #1.

+1 dedicated a whole winter to this game and then spent the whole spring trying to find the tri-force which did not exist.

I had Far's "Tin Cans with Strings to You" playing in the background. Now whenever I hear a track from that album, I am taken back to that special place.

Re-rail: "...Too bad. Natural Selection would have loved you." still my favorite line from issue #1.

Majora's Mask is one of my favs!!!

That and OOT made my gaming life complete!

Thanks Kevin...

+ Hickman stole the Triforce © from Zelda © and has unlimited power.

(If you don't get why this is a reference, Ganon is coming for you).

Who is coming for me?

-slym

Ganon from Zelda and you're on the list lol

one of my customers used to work on the Manhattan Project......he's 93 and fits right in to the comic.

Wow, that is actually really cool.

he's pretty cool, mind is razor sharp.

MP is brilliant to me. EoW will have broader appeal IMHO due to MP being a more cerebral book (too early to judge or label EoW, but didn't get the same brainy feeling off issue #1). As with any book, a lot of factors are at play. We'll see what happens...

I can understand why MP might be perceived as being too brainy because of the nominal subject matter, but the book doesn't read like that at all. It's got action and comedy all tied together with a killer premise. There isn't anything particularly "cerebral" about it...it's just good fun. Easily my favorite modern. Glad others I've talked to about it have dug the read as well ( :hi:NIck!).

EoW is still too early to call for me, but I've got faith in Hickman and I did like the first issue a lot. Like SCOUT, only with bigger ideas. I'm in.

I went to my LCS and tried to get a copy the day that the book released and my guy claimed to have only received one out of an order of 5. He doesn't really sell back issues so I doubt he is holding back.

That Saturday I went around the Inland Empire area to about 5 different shops. Only 1 shop had one copy of EoW. Usually, I can find a store that has about 20 copies of a hot book still sitting on the shelf when I make a trip like that. So I would think that there aren't that many sitting on shelves.

I think this book will slowly climb. It's going to probably start to gain good momentum around the end of the first arc. That is when most of these "hot" books seem to take off. Once a story is complete and they realize that there are issues at the beginning that they missed.

As for Saga type-numbers, I don't know if it's going to get that crazy. Hickman isn't as well known as Vaughn, but he does have a high-profile gig writing Avengers, but how much that translates into sales for his other books, I don't know.

As for the long term sustainability of the prices on any of these books: Who knows?

Sure TWD is 12 years old now, but that book is an outlier.

Also, comic sales were up 22% in the month of March. That's a lot of new readers who probably didn't get on the EoW train who may be looking for a #1 in a few months.

Have no idea if the unofficial Diamond numbers were reported yet in this thread for East of West #1. Comichron just reported:

35 East of West 1* $3.50 Image 49,518

Its the 35th most ordered book.

49,518 is the printing

The "*" I THINKKKK denotes there is a second printing(?????)

Numbers are out.

East of West: 49,518

For comparison

Walking Dead 108: 67,423

Saga 11: 50,023

The next image title after East of West is actually Fatale 13 with 17,662 copies sold

Edited by aaronc

it's right between superman 17 and 18, which seems to be falling about a point a month.

Superman 16 was 50,500ish, so i would guess it lands around high 40s, something like a 48. Probably in the 47-53 range.

:hi:

You forgot sex also is higher, but here's all of them in ascending order

Blackacre

Savage Dragon

Darkness

Artifacts

Dia De Los Muertos

Comeback

Son of Merlin

Witch Doctor Malpractice

Savage Skullkickers

Five Weapons