• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I am jealous. Would have loved to grab one but the silvers are pulling me away. In all honesty, I've made some stupid gambles on moderns so I'm going back to what I know for now. I wish I had the extra scratch but alas, whateves.

considering blue labels go from 350 - 450 - hickmans signature does not add $150 in value.

People are so quick to judge, not considering that the 9.8 run of these are slim.

So you mean to tell me that the entire RRP market will be 9.8s

Be realistic here and quit tinkering.

Won't most of them be 9.8 because everyone who gets one (with few exceptions), realizes the value? Unless there is a printing or shipping issue (Peter pnazerfaust) that I haven't heard of.

Look at the census.

10 9.8s 1 9.6 0 signature series.

So one can assume that all of the on sites came back 9.8 except for 1 and that the census hasn't been updated for the new influx of RRPS that were fast tracked a few weeks ago.

Only time will tell, when the census has been updated, if its a tough 9.8.

Is there a way of knowing officially if they're allowing for some print defects on the back on the 9.8s? Cos I'll probably get mine done if they do.

I think that my 9.8 had a few ink smudges on the back and it wasn't a problem. It may not hurt to post the book in the please grade me section and see what the boards think.

Who was it that was crying about Ebay auction prices of these RRPs being too high a couple of weeks ago? Someone remind me, I can't remember.

It was Godofthunder. Before he got his raw copy, submitted it, and received a 9.8. Amazing how his tune changes now. Or not really.

You're welcome.