• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

No chance.

$15 will already be hopefully. Too much supply. Anytime this book starts getting $10, expect more supply to come to the market.

Can I do an informal survey here?

How many of you still own more than 20 copies of regular EoW 1?

Predictions for Nov/Dec?

$50-$60 #1 raw

$150 range #1 9.8?

No way. I think max, $85.

Raw will be $15-20

This.

The only thing I can see causing this to jump above these figures would be a tv/movie rumor or lots of nods for best comic of 2013. Think.. 'what is going to cause 20k + new readers to jump on in the next 4 months.'

I do. I think it is the best buy of any book out. I have zero doubt that readership on this run will grow. I couldn't be more sure of any book than this. Great story, great art, writer/artist both committed to 4 to 5 years in interviews.

I wouldn't put the big number in November but by February, I think the 2013 books will do what the 2012 books did this year. People get big tax refunds and they spend it on everything. This will be one of those things :D

I am in strong buy mode on anything I like reading right now. Stuff is cheap. 2c

Predictions for Nov/Dec?

$50-$60 #1 raw

$150 range #1 9.8?

No way. I think max, $85.

Raw will be $15-20

This.

The only thing I can see causing this to jump above these figures would be a tv/movie rumor or lots of nods for best comic of 2013. Think.. 'what is going to cause 20k + new readers to jump on in the next 4 months.'

I don't think the books will be overly high in Nov/Dec but I also don't think it would take 20,000 new readers to drive prices on any book. Supply just has to be outweighed by demand and voila lol

Ya I doubt it climbs that high, only because there are alot out there right now, great book so far though!

I agree. In March, of the 3 LCS here, only one had these on the shelves and the one only ordered 6 copies lol

Fast forward to Wednesday. Many people now have this on their pull list, one shop orded 50 and was down to 5 or 6 copies early in the day. This might not sound like a big deal but they have only allowed 1 per customer for the last 2 issues. I live in a relatively small city compared to many so I don't know if this is reflective of everywhere else. What I do know is that I can't walk into a LCS without hearing about EOW, Saga, and TWD. I think, though I'm not 100% sure, that this trend will continue. People don't just buy this book because they think it's the next big thing. It's a great story and people won't quit telling their friends when they read or see one. 2c