• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Mainly I think the book will continue to grow because it kicks butt. Death is likable. Only in the Sandman and Meet Joe Black have I seen that happen. The good news for us is we can have Saga and EOW and we don't have to choose.

I don't know that I disagree with most of your post except the above. I don't feel like we've gotten to know any characters all that much. What makes Death likable? Something about him is intriguing, but I don't find myself pulling for him or liking him.

Mainly I think the book will continue to grow because it kicks butt. Death is likable. Only in the Sandman and Meet Joe Black have I seen that happen. The good news for us is we can have Saga and EOW and we don't have to choose.

I don't know that I disagree with most of your post except the above. I don't feel like we've gotten to know any characters all that much. What makes Death likable? Something about him is intriguing, but I don't find myself pulling for him or liking him.

I guess I'm taking a chance on him but I see him as both powerful and charming. I don't want to give anything away and I could be reading it wrong but I believe he fights for more than just himself and he seems to be willing to play outside of the box. He also has some of the best quips/lines in comics. I am most assuredly pulling for him. I suspect that Hickman wouldn't spend 5 months building the villain and no time introducing the hero.

Like you said earlier, I could be wrong but I'm betting on Death lol

i like the fact that we havent even seen the "Good" guy yet, and we are five issues in

also

There has to be a reason that Death has turned from Black to the Gray-ish/White color he is now

Oh yea issue 5 set up a ton of stuff! It was interesting. The question is how slow Hickman moves through some of those questions. The issue did answer a lot too though.

Not sure if previously shared (shrug)

Nick Dragotta SDCC 2013, owning it right now.

Careful what you wish for, #6 can't come soon enough.

Thanks for sharing that video. Just when I thought I couldn't be any more fired up about this book...KAPOWEE !!! lol

Thanks for sharing that video. Just when I thought I couldn't be any more fired up about this book...KAPOWEE !!! lol

I love the fact that he is so excited to do the book

makes me expect great things makes me want to read it more.

I love the fact that he is so excited to do the book

makes me expect great things makes me want to read it more.

Same here!

Some printing talk from senor J. Hickman http://bcool.bz/14Guzd2

So no 2nd print for 5, Heavy on the tpb and #6 correct? I doubt people will be returning #6...

I'm really confused by some of the sales numbers on the RRP in completed auctions/listings.

Prices are all over the place from $79-$169 in the past two months. Raw books mind you.

The last one sold doesn't say anything about grade. But $75 for a VF+ seems cheap.

I have a few myself, but man I wish I had been looking during these times... Some steals in there.