• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Read the trade this weekend along with issue 6 and I have to say this book rocks. I still like Saga a touch more but not much more. 5 out of 5.

Is this expectation that a 9.8 will always be around for cheap suppressing the price of this book?

The print run for issue #1 is pretty high. It also has a 2 other variants. Rrp is the book to own if you are looking at it from a investment standpoint.

Is this expectation that a 9.8 will always be around for cheap suppressing the price of this book?

The print run for issue #1 is pretty high. It also has a 2 other variants. Rrp is the book to own if you are looking at it from a investment standpoint.

Have there been any hard numbers given on the Ghost and Forbidden Planet Variants?

Have there been any hard numbers given on the Ghost and Forbidden Planet Variants?

What Ive been told was a 5000 print run on the ghost variant, and a 1000 print run on forbidden planet. As far as speculating goes, these two or the rrp are your best bet. Plus, I like their covers more than those on the monthly issues so far.

I also believe this book is going to explode overvthe next 6 months. We saw saga do a similar thing, start off strong, but really blow up around issue 7 after the trade was released. This is the kind of series that after people read the first trade, they wont be patient enough to wait for the second one, and will be floppy buyers.

Also, the extensive ink stains on many of the copies of the rrp's should limit the number of 9.8's further. This could be a very limited book, even 50 ink stained copy's from the print run would put it at half the available 9.8's that the saga rrp had. Factor in shipping damaged copy's due to this rrp being mailed out rather than given out at a show, and we're looking at one rare book here people.

BeerThirty, my books will be arriving at your work today, I cant stress how awesome you are for bringing them to NyCC for me. You are, of course, the man. Its very appreciated.

Also, the extensive ink stains on many of the copies of the rrp's should limit the number of 9.8's further. This could be a very limited book, even 50 ink stained copy's from the print run would put it at half the available 9.8's that the saga rrp had. Factor in shipping damaged copy's due to this rrp being mailed out rather than given out at a show, and we're looking at one rare book here people.

BeerThirty, my books will be arriving at your work today, I cant stress how awesome you are for bringing them to NyCC for me. You are, of course, the man. Its very appreciated.

Given the scarcity, my copies just collecting dust in the for sale thread... :sorry:

Books arrived :-)