• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Keeping this thread aligned with East of West...

I was lucky enough to meet Giancarlo Esposito at a con last month and get this EoW #4 blank with his famous Gus Fring quote

20130928_160714_zpsfa081065.jpg

Before you ask, yes I am Mexican, a Mexican who collects comic books is unheard of!!

20131108_185022_zps91679285.jpg

Here is the verbiage from the cover...

"What does a man do Walter? A man provides for his family. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."

Giancarlo really liked the comment request from me and we were speaking in Spanish!! Really awesome, quiet man.

R_H

:golfclap: Epic

Epic pretty much sums it up.

The wife and I watch him in a show called Revolution every week. He is awesome as Tom Neville. That show frequently borrows from the pages of TWD imo but who cares, great show and great actor. (thumbs u

Keeping this thread aligned with East of West...

I was lucky enough to meet Giancarlo Esposito at a con last month and get this EoW #4 blank with his famous Gus Fring quote

20130928_160714_zpsfa081065.jpg

Before you ask, yes I am Mexican, a Mexican who collects comic books is unheard of!!

20131108_185022_zps91679285.jpg

Here is the verbiage from the cover...

"What does a man do Walter? A man provides for his family. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."

Giancarlo really liked the comment request from me and we were speaking in Spanish!! Really awesome, quiet man.

R_H

:golfclap: Epic

Love me some Gus!

@ The Authority,

My wife and I also watched Revolution and we love that show as well! Giancarlo and I were talking about Revolution and BB. He asked, "Why this comic?" My response: The best comic book, the best quote from the best show on television - Breaking Bad."

@ TBP,

Yup! Expensive on the BVG 10! Glad you liked the book with Giancarlo's quote :)

@ Nigel,

He was at the Las Vegas Comic Expo back in September, so you are okay.

Thanks for the comments guys. I wanted to combine my favorite book with my favorite show.

I have many things that I have yet to display on these forums :gossip:

R_H

@ The Authority,

My wife and I also watched Revolution and we love that show as well! Giancarlo and I were talking about Revolution and BB. He asked, "Why this comic?" My response: The best comic book, the best quote from the best show on television - Breaking Bad."

@ TBP,

@ Nigel,

Thanks for the comments guys. I wanted to combine my favorite book with my favorite show.

R_H

Very cool. Btw, love the book and the quote. You hit a home run with that combo. (thumbs u

@ The Authority,

@ TBP,

@ Nigel,

R_H

Revolution is also something i watch with my girl every week i was afraid they were really on there way to screwing this season up but it is also staring to come together.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I never understood why someone would want a signature on a book of a person who had nothing to do with it. I saw a few sketch covers in sales threads of DC charecters on marvel books, etc. doesnt it defeat the purpose of having a signature if the person doesn't even know the book, let alone had no hand in creating it? To each their own, and I support anyone who's personal collecting style makes them happy, I just cant seem to wrap my mind around it...l

Don't take this the wrong way, but I never understood why someone would want a signature on a book of a person who had nothing to do with it. I saw a few sketch covers in sales threads of DC charecters on marvel books, etc. doesnt it defeat the purpose of having a signature if the person doesn't even know the book, let alone had no hand in creating it? To each their own, and I support anyone who's personal collecting style makes them happy, I just cant seem to wrap my mind around it...l

I didn't have my breaking bad comic with me, so I had to settle for the next best thing, a EoW blank cover, ooh well :-(

R_H

I get what you're saying but it all comes down to personal preference you may like a specific artest who has nothing to do with the book and just want to see his take on your favorite character its all about the experience.

that's because Marvel cover paper stock is better than the other company. some artist refuse to sketch on poor paper.

I can understand what you are saying, but there can be a neat novelty to it as well. For instance take a look at this book I had George Perez sketch for me last MegaCon.

tumblr_mvzdgtvamD1rkky2io1_500.jpg

I thought it would be neat to have Thanos tell the X-men they were next in his sights since you never see Thanos battle them directly like he did against to many other super heroes.

I can understand getting an artist unconnected with a book draw eg Batman on a Batman book. I also saw a cool Spider-man blank that had the "man" scored out and "Jerusalem" written instead and obviously a sketch of Spider Jerusalem on it. I really liked that cos it was clever.

I have no understanding of a Breaking Bad quote on an EoW comic though. No offence to R_H.