• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

:bump: for my recent c2e2 sub's I just got back. A RRP to replace the one I just traded, and 6 which is a double cover that was mislabeled and I have to send back. Love the ranger remark and the rrp, I dropped the ball and should've gotten the rrp in red ink

;) (thumbs u Great comics!

My C2E2 books came in yesterday too - but I had to make the treacherous trip to the post office today to claim them. Big thank to Felix and Nick! ... and Jonathan while we're at it.

20150611_131101_zpsfqgwkxik.jpg

:o wow to that 4 blank sketch, that is incredible!! :applause:

Thanks guys! I'm super happy with it too! The deciding factor for the weekend trip (5 hrs each way driving) was when Dragotta and Hickman were booked.. And they did not disappoint. Friendly and letting talent shine while dealing with huge lines all day long. I think I saw 3 RRPs being SSd in the time I was around the booth. Probably a few more than that I'd guess. I also picked up a print and had Dragotta sign the Walking Dead #1 image expo variants.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

Somebody tell Hickman and Dragotta to get off of their derrières and lets try to get at least 10 issues per year. The book is in danger of becoming a bimonthly or worse. We've had 4 issues and a guide book since September or more than 10 months. Compete BS and lazy imo.

Somebody tell Hickman and Dragotta to get off of their derrières and lets try to get at least 10 issues per year. The book is in danger of becoming a bimonthly or worse. We've had 4 issues and a guide book since September or more than 10 months. Compete BS and lazy imo.

He's too busy consulting with Marvel to worry about anything else is my guess. lol

Artists and Writers today IMO do not have the work ethic even close to decades ago. Some will say well the story would suffer, I say you are spot on. Lazy

EOW rocks and does not get enough love.

Edited by natevegas

The slowing release schedule of this book is really hurting it for me. What was once one of my top two books each month is now falling further down the stack. With such a complex universe, the experience really suffers with a long gap between issues IMO.

If creators can't stick to a decent schedule, I think it would be worth releasing in a different format. Maybe releasing trades only? Or maybe if you're only going to do 6 issues a year make them 30ish pages so each piece feels more substantial.

I'm more than fine with there being a "catch up" period for creators each year where they take 2-3 months off a year before going back to monthly. However the haphazard release makes me feel like I have to reread several issues each time a new one comes out.

Just speculating but a lot of Hickman's books are all late in the last year., not just EoW

He's been going full speed on all the Marvel stuff and is finishing up Secret Wars right now. He has 4 issues left and after that he said he's done with his Marvel contract and will focus on his creator owned stuff. (makes him more money anyways :P)

So hopefully things get back on track for all his books now that they'll have all his attention. Thankfully there is a ton of other books to read these days but I would like this to come out more often.

Edited by Tuff Ghost