• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

10 a year is reasonable. I wish that they would at least do what Saga does, and announce a hiatus or something. I'm fine with them taking a couple of months to get ahead of the work load. Hopefully, when Hickman finishes up his Marvel work we can get a more regular shipping schedule.

This book, The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Saga opened my eyes to what can happen with creator owned books when they have a little support. The first volume of most Image trade paperbacks are $9.99 and worth trying out imo. (thumbs u

Totally agree with this. A set schedule with hiatus would be great, but I'm game to the end. I can wait if needed.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all in as well. There's no chance I'm dropping this book anytime soon. The waiting sucks of course, but I absolutely believe it's well worth it.

Here's a really long overdue post.. Back around Image Expo in January, Felix hooked me up with the connecting cover poster, which was awesome of him to do. Rhymenoceros was also very awesome and gave me some pointers and links to how he custom framed his poster himself. I FINALLY got around to getting it all together. This isn't gonna be the final spot that this hangs at, I just wanted to get a look at it with the rest of my prints. Gotta find the final home for this guy. (I'd direct link them, but they're really big pictures and I forgot to resize)

So, I wasn't sure what to do with the convention exclusive hardcover of volume 1, since it doesn't look they're gonna put all the volumes out in this format. I decided to get 5 frequent Hickman collaborators to do 5 different pieces of at the end of each issue. At the end of Issue 1, I wanna get Death, Xiaolian at the end of 2, Wolf in 3, Crow in 4, and Babylon in 5. I messaged Felix a few months out from SDCC and told him my idea, and we set up pieces with Dragotta and Pitarra. I basically told him it's dealers choice, so whoever the artists wanted to do they could do.