• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars - New 2013 Ongoing from Dark Horse

505 posts in this topic

I received mine today and there were some spine ticks and some dings i am not to happy with game stop right now. What would y'all do about it? Your help is much appreciated.

I'd complain to CS. They should be shipping this properly, especially for the amount of points it costs.

Wasn't there a Moon Knight fan who had a complete collection who gave up with frustration after Marvel produced an extremely limited edition comic with the character? Sounds like someone who I should be joining in counselling... :grin:

That was Whisp. I don't think he had a complete collection, but the book in question was the MRRC variant of Vengeance of the Moon Knight #1.. heh.

I think he's recanted his disavowing of MK. :thumbsup:

Hey guys! Just got my CGC membership started up for the first time.

My first question is in regards to the GameStop variant. Are these still available? If so how do I go about acquiring one? My brother is a video game geek and I have no doubts he's have the rewards points that are needed.

WTTB

first gamestop up on ebay, guy claiming 3000 print run and asking $400 raw. lol lol lol lol good luck with that, i guess greed knows no bounds, and he's hoping to catch a fish early with a high offer he can accept.

3000 copies is better than 1-in-10 for most Star Wars titles. Might be a 1-in-12 for this particular Star Wars title.

These will be on Gamestop's reward site for some time before they sell out.

Interesting little article I found...My oh my how things change..

How Star Wars Saved Marvel & the Comic Book Industry

I wrote that :).

I've read the article before, but I did want to acknowledge that that was a great article. Very informative, complete, and delved into a subject that was only briefly mentioned in the annual OverStreet price guide for many, many years.

I am not one who usually purchases Dark Horse comics(or Star Wars for that matter), but I went to the LCS today and noticed there is still a Star Wars #1 left in perfect condition. The cover look cool enough so I said what the heck and bought one. Love the paper quality and art(just like 47 Ronins which I also like), but it turned out to be a 2nd print so I went to ebay and bought the 1st print one to go along with it. I will go back to the LCS next week and pick up #2, and I just saw #1 3rd print on this thread so will probably end up getting it also.

I just ordered my copy from gamestop. Can anyone tell me how they package the books? Are they thrashed when they show up? For 9,900 pts they should be well packaged.

I have the points for this, but am waiting to see if/when Gamestop gets enough complaints to where they actually starts packaging them well. The initial information so far is they are not arriving in NM condition.

It's possible they will continue to handle them poorly. But I figured with 3000 of these things, it is going to be awhile before they sell out.

I've read the article before, but I did want to acknowledge that that was a great article. Very informative, complete, and delved into a subject that was only briefly mentioned in the annual OverStreet price guide for many, many years.

Thanks! It was a fun one to do. Roy Thomas did a lot of uncredited legwork to get the license.

I made an offer on the Gamestop variant on eBay, got a counter for 340 US. Wow.

These will be at Gamestop for a while, but at the dollar value of purchases necessary to acquire enough points to get the comic (about 1k), there won't be many trickling out.

Thanks! It was a fun one to do. Roy Thomas did a lot of uncredited legwork to get the license.

I made an offer on the Gamestop variant on eBay, got a counter for 340 US. Wow.

These will be at Gamestop for a while, but at the dollar value of purchases necessary to acquire enough points to get the comic (about 1k), there won't be many trickling out.

From another posting I made elsewhere:

By my calculations, using a new account, the Gamestop exclusive will cost around $500 if you purchase only used video games to earn points (20 points per every $1 spent).

This comic will not cost $1000 to acquire from Gamestop.

We should start a "star wars gamestop variant" club. With the stipulation that the book has to be NM.! Would be a very exclusive club! Id be intrested to see how many out of the 3,000 would grade a 9.6 or better. I cringe when i think about an employee that has no intrest or experience with comics, shoving mine in a soft bubble envelope. No bag, no board, no cardboard sandwich. Uugghh. If gamestop commisioned a variant comic, they should have proper packaging to go with it. And im sure there customer service will be clueless as well.

But i'll keep my fingers crossed waiting on a sturdy little box to show up at my door, like the ones from lonestar.

I received mine today and there were some spine ticks and some dings i am not to happy with game stop right now. What would y'all do about it? Your help is much appreciated.

They never guaranteed a condition, so I would doubt that they care if the books arrive with spine ticks.