• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars - New 2013 Ongoing from Dark Horse

505 posts in this topic

I just ordered my copy from gamestop. Can anyone tell me how they package the books? Are they thrashed when they show up? For 9,900 pts they should be well packaged.

I have the points for this, but am waiting to see if/when Gamestop gets enough complaints to where they actually starts packaging them well. The initial information so far is they are not arriving in NM condition.

It's possible they will continue to handle them poorly. But I figured with 3000 of these things, it is going to be awhile before they sell out.

Well I just ordered mine!! I don't care there's only 3,000. Hopefully mine will be in good enough shape. And I guess this answers my question about the variant, after I'll the hard work I did to contact them and they still haven't emailed me. What a shame. Oh well mine's ordered!!!

I just ordered my copy from gamestop. Can anyone tell me how they package the books? Are they thrashed when they show up? For 9,900 pts they should be well packaged.

I have the points for this, but am waiting to see if/when Gamestop gets enough complaints to where they actually starts packaging them well. The initial information so far is they are not arriving in NM condition.

It's possible they will continue to handle them poorly. But I figured with 3000 of these things, it is going to be awhile before they sell out.

Well I just ordered mine!! I don't care there's only 3,000. Hopefully mine will be in good enough shape. And I guess this answers my question about the variant, after I'll the hard work I did to contact them and they still haven't emailed me. What a shame. Oh well mine's ordered!!!

Everyone has to realize, as long as the cover is attached, I doubt GameStop cares about the condition of the books. This may be a situation where the only way to acquire 9.8 copies would be to somehow get a copy directly from the warehouse before they ever get shipped out. Then again, who knows, all the copies may already have been damaged before shipping ever occurred.

Everyone has to realize, as long as the cover is attached, I doubt GameStop cares about the condition of the books. This may be a situation where the only way to acquire 9.8 copies would be to somehow get a copy directly from the warehouse before they ever get shipped out. Then again, who knows, all the copies may already have been damaged before shipping ever occurred.

Maybe Menace can get us some of these too.

I kid, I kid. I just spend 30 min reading the CBLDF Nowhere Men thread and came to this one. :kidaround:

$300!!!!???!!! Wow I'm going to watch this....I got one on it's way. Man I love saving my points from gamestop. This is going to help pay for some OA. As soon as I get the email saying it's shipped, if any boardies are interested you can PM me. Here's the email I got....Just in case you don't believe me.

Screenshot2013-02-19at65736PM_zps4e576be6.png

To be honest, i never cared about gamestop points. Didnt even know how many i had. So when i heard sbout this variant i actually checked and to my surprise i had 10k. So i ordered it, at least it's something worthwile.

I saw one posted on ebay that looked decent. And it looked like the packaging was in the background of the pic. Didnt seem to bad. If thats what the links are a few posts ago then sorry. I didnt look at them.

How long from the time you ordered it to the time it arrived? Anyone?

Star Wars #1... It didn't bowl me over but it wasn't bad either. It reminded me of the novel "Splinter of the Minds Eye", especially the start of it. Will read more but so far its just.. "yeah".

Well got mine today, in a brown envelope, crease down the middle of the package, issue was trashed....fml

I know its usless but sending game stop an email..better luck to the rest of you all

Oh man, I'm so sorry. That really sucks. I would write them back, it can't hurt. It was a shload of points. Even if not cash, that's a lot of games that wen toward the purchase.