• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has there ever been a role with more perfect casting than...

136 posts in this topic

Charlton Heston in Moses. (worship)

But not John Wayne as 'The Roman Centurion'. :facepalm:

Even worse....JW as Genhis Khan. "I like your taste in Tartar women".

Most everyone in the flick died of cancer from filming near nuclear testing in NV.

I'm thinking there are several castings that can equal Robert Downey Jr/Stark/Iron Man in terms of quality, (Eastwood as Harry Callahan, McQueen as Frank Bullitt, Tony Randall as Felix Unger, Christopher Reeve as Superman) but I don't think any of those, maybe with the exception of Clint Eastwood, has had the cultural impact that Downey/Stark/Iron Man has. Essentially, the entire Marvel Movie Universe, which is going to continue to grow at this point, has been built out of the foundation laid by Robert Downey Jr's characterization in the first Iron Man movie. His Stark is the lynchpin of their entire theatrical universe.

I don't know if it is an example of perfect casting or not, but I'm betting that Iron Man, who was anything but a household name in 2007, would still be relatively unknown compared to Spider Man if it weren't for Robert Downey Jr.

[font:Book Antiqua]Orson Welles as Charles Foster Kane

Elizabeth Taylor as Virginia Woolf

Judy Garland as Dorothy

Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O’Hara

And the list go on and on,

maybe if you reduce your list as:

Has there ever been a role with more perfect casting than...

“xxx” as a comic book character...

And even then...

Christopher Reeves as Superman

Heath Ledger as Joker

Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan

and the list goes on and on... [/font]

citizen-kanePoster.jpgAfraid-Virginia-Woolf_l.jpgjudy-garland-THE-WIZARD-OF-OZ-director-Victor-Fleming.jpgscarlett.jpg