• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on some Silver Acre Comics funny book business...

73 posts in this topic

Does this scoundrel wear a blue wig? I just always assume all you guys do. hm

No, are you all obese, gun toting, passport-less, irony avoiding, bible bashing, evolution denying, banjo playing, white hood wearing xenophobes?

No? but then I never thought you were. ;)

This goes to show you that even with repeat postings about how unethical someone is, it's good to bump threads. I had never heard of this clown, but I had gotten here in 2011, and sometimes you gloss over good/bad sales.

We probably can't keep a running record of bad sellers/dealers, but this is further proof that before buying from a dealer - it's good to check them out here.

Sackao said he bought some Bolland books - I wonder if he got similar treatment.

More like messing about and playing tedious games, in my thankfully limited experience.

It's worse when you actually choose to deal face-to-face at a comic mart. One (minor) reason I'm glad to have stopped doing those.

No, are you all obese, gun toting, passport-less, irony avoiding, bible bashing, evolution denying, banjo playing, white hood wearing xenophobes?

Bible thumping. We thump our bibles, we don't bash them. Apart from that, pretty much a spot on description! (thumbs u

Bible thumping. We thump our bibles, we don't bash them. Apart from that, pretty much a spot on description! (thumbs u

Spanking?

I attempted to buy some early high priced detectives from him. When he said no returns yet also couldn't guarantee if there was restoration, I ran. It doesn't matter how "good" the price appears on the surface when murkiness exists below.

He has not changed. I binned a book on eBay years ago, paid for it and was told it was not available. Apparently the price was too good, because it went too fast. He refunded me, but not through my payment, separately, so I got to pay the fees. One of the very few Negs I ever left.

I'm in the early days of setting up an online comic store and just bought one of their bulk boxes of 100 comics for £35, wishing I'd researched them a bit more now.

Hope you like low-grade Generation X and 90's Image Drek. You are about to receive a box-full.

[Edit] You might also want to count them, there's probably only 90 books as well.