• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you do with your Moderns?

What do you with your monthly moderns?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. What do you with your monthly moderns?

29 posts in this topic

With the exception of Amazing Spider-man and my Valiants, I bag and board because eventually when I go through my books I will liquidate them and sell them off as lots.

One day, I can easily see myself selling off my Captain America's that I have been picking up as well as my DC New 52 Batman run.

I take good care of even the books I know I probably won't keep, anything I'm unsure of usually ends up as fodder for ebay-

either way I like to keep the condition as nice as I can - I am particular about the way I handle even the "worthless" books - even if I end up not liking it, doesn't mean someone else won't appreciate it -- if they wanna rip it to shreds after they buy it from me..more power to them!

I take my piles to my LCS and try to trade a stack of moderns I've read for a SA or BA back issue. Works out pretty good because I think the LCS where I live can sell those moderns easier than the older backstock.

If I like, I keep in a box.

If a book blows up, I sell it.

If it's OK and the book's in OK shape, I might also try to sell.

If the book is of no interest to me and has some defects, I will recycle the book. It usually isn't worth my time to find it a new home and my place is on the smaller side, so storage room is scarce.

Ryan

I keep a few gems bagged, if only to take care of them for future reads, for instance, all 12 issues of Brandon Graham's King City from Image comics, because eve though a TPB collection was released, to me each individual floppy (in a Golden Age size format, no less) is a visual treasure..

Other books, moderns and decent if not great-condition copper and bronzes, over the years I've recycled after asking myself if I really needed to keep it - I've brought them into comic shops for cash, sold some collected runs and mini-series at flea markets and the like during the mid-00s, given some to thrift stores that accepted comics and such, and dropped off a few stacks worth not long ago at a Half Price Books along with a bunch of paperbacks I wanted to clear out.