• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Has anyone as a buyer, ever have ebay decide against them on a INAD (item not as described) case?

Granted it's been 10+ years ago, but yes. Won a GA 'tec that was listed "guaranteed not restored" twice in the listing. I get the book, clearly has a funky feel to it. Sub it for grading, comes back PLOD. Contact seller multiple times, with no response. Contact Ebay/Paypal to let them know, forward them the text from the listing as well as grader notes indicating restoration and they still sided with the seller for no good reason. He apparently did this to other people.

Fast forward 2 years or so later, I go to sell the book, and perhaps in my error I included in my listing who sold me the book and his "guarantee". He has Ebay pull my auction and threatens me with a slander lawsuit.

So in this instance Ebay and Paypal done chugged my milkshake.

eBay thought it was suspicious and said if I want I could write the seller to simply cancel the transaction.

I realized this after I paid for it that something did not seem right. I looked at the bidding history for all of the books that this guy offered and who bid on them.

I am torn... like I said. I want the book. But I do not like the idea of someone receiving my hard earned dollars that tried to 'game' me. Leaves a bad sense about the whole transaction.

The book is marked shipped but I wrote the seller:

I have to be honest here. Upon further review I have reason to believe that there are some shenanigans going on. Not too pleased with what I see. D***o with zero feedback had a 52% bidding history with you, attempting to be the high bidder at the very last second on all of your books pushing them to the current GPA highs. I did some research and noticed that this is what occurred on all of your ASM auctions. I am not comfortable with this transaction. I am letting you know that now.

Oh good job Buzz

at the very least you can find some reason to neg him

maybe 'bidding history leads me to believe auction was shilled'

Screw it.

Calling eBay to see what they have to say.

Further snooping shows that D***o not only bid with the seller in what is NOW 52% of the time (was 35%) but all at the last second to max out people's bids.

Thoughts?

I have no problem paying $450 for the book. That part is not an issue.

I have a big problem handing over $450 to someone that tried to game me. So I want to see what they have to say and still value this forum's input.

Here is the Clink auction that I won the book for $655 a few months ago. You won it for 450 - 10% ebay fees = 405 - 2.9% paypal $13 = net $392 ( a loss of $268 for me) I'd say I got shillin' down to a science lol

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2Fauctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1015208

Here is the Clink auction that I won the book for $655 a few months ago. You won it for 450 - 10% ebay fees = 405 - 2.9% paypal $13 = net $392 ( a loss of $268 for me) I'd say I got shillin' down to a science lol

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2Fauctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1015208

Probably not the best time to play the sarcasm card.

Although, admittedly, my own comedic timing leaves much to be desired.

Screw it.

Further snooping shows that D***o not only bid with the seller in what is NOW 52% of the time (was 35%) but all at the last second to max out people's bids.

Thoughts?

I have a big problem handing over $450 to someone that tried to game me. So I want to see what they have to say and still value this forum's input.

Please note the following:

1 - I did not know it was you.

2 - I did not link back to the auction in case I was wrong.

3 - I used screen caps so I could edit the image and blot out any information that would lead to the seller.

3 - Ignore Kav... at no point did I say that I was going to neg the seller no matter what. In fact I said a couple of times that I was pleased to have the book but that I had a lingering doubt of the integrity of the auction due to the 0 feedback bidder coming in at the last second on all of the ASM auctions.

And as I said, despite what you paid on CLink, I noticed that the books were pushed to the last GPA high which raised an eyebrow from me.

This is for an ASM 43 in 9.2

ScreenShot2014-10-22at54315AM.png

Screw it.

Thoughts?

Please note the following:

1 - I did not know it was you.

2 - I did not link back to the auction in case I was wrong.

3 - I used screen caps so I could edit the image and blot out any information that would lead to the seller.

3 - Ignore Kav... at no point did I say that I was going to neg the seller no matter what. In fact I said a couple of times that I was pleased to have the book but that I had a lingering doubt of the integrity of the auction due to the 0 feedback bidder coming in at the last second on all of the ASM auctions.

And as I said, despite what you paid on CLink, I noticed that the books were pushed to the last GPA high which raised an eyebrow from me.

This is for an ASM 43 in 9.2

ScreenShot2014-10-22at54315AM.png

I was watching my auctions end yesterday and didn't notice that a (0) feedback bidder had won $3800 woth of my books. I did lose on each and every sale needless to say, however when I realized it, I immediately contacted ebay because I was concerned about shipping these books. ( different kind of concern than yours all together) Before contacting ebay I saw on the ebay invoice that the guys name was Danny Goodstuff so I looked on facebook for that name in PA. Come to find that there isn't anyone in the whole world with the name Goodstuff as a last name. My concern grew. Ebay rep stated that that my not be a real name and I should only be concerned with that was on file with paypal only and to only ship the books there. He hasn't paid, so I wont get a real name until then. Shenannigans I do agree, but not from me.

About a month ago I had a FF52 up and there were bidders bidding $2000 on it and retracting their bids to expose the secret high max bid of the high bidder who was upset with me. I cant control wackos and its hard to protect an auction from them. Again I have more of a concern than you here with 3800 in books to a (0) bidder Danny Goodstuff. I think you got a 9.2 that looks like a 9.6 and I will ship it today. Thanks for you lightning fast payment Andy

Just found out you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer even if they are a non-paying bidder and you follow eBay's procedures to the letter.

:facepalm:

You should post that seller's name here, or in the blacklist thread, if you haven't already done so.

darinaa1986 (6) feedback :mad:

Pro tips for eBay sellers:

1)

Re: Non paying bidders:

Set bidding restrictions for bidders, blocking non paying bidders.

2)

Re:Uninsured "lost" packages i.e. bidders who claim non delivery of goods

Paypal insures all transactions up to $500,note the "Seller Eligibility" details in your Paypal account.

If you ( the seller) can prove that the package was sent to the buyer, Paypal should reimburse the seller for any item the buyer claims as "lost".

Is anyone else getting the message "We realize we are having problems with shipping labels, please try back after 2:30 PST" when trying to print off a label from eBay? I missed getting something shipped out in my 1-day time frame because of this, and I hope it doesn't affect my Top-Rated seller status.

:(

-slym