• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Looks like Nintendo is screwed lol

lol they'll always have their Mario, Zelda, and other key franchises though, and their diehard fans. I always give Nintendo props, as they are never scared to be the first to innovate in the industry. Motion controls, touch pad controllers, and who knows what will be next hm

Nintendo is in big, BIG trouble right now. Wii-U sales have been terrible, and with the PS4 to Vita connectivity, the Vita will do exactly what the Wii-U tablet does, except it'll be about 10x more powerful. Third parties are going to flock to Sony, and all Nintendo will have is their first-parties.

Nintendo is cooked.

They certainly need to address their game issue. I only bought the Wii U for the first party games. Let's face it, they by no means are trying to compete with the other big dogs, in terms of system power ;) they need to get some first party, heavy hitters out there ASAP.

Nintendo is fine, but I think they are aiming for a different audience.

The audience that made the Wii so successful (casuals and Grandma) have left the building.

The first couple of years were abysmal for the PS3. An absolutely atrocious launch. They came out a year later than the 360, with an architecture that developers didn't know how to use, and a non-existent game library. They were saved by the success of blu-ray and the eventual arrival of a great library of exclusives, both first party and third.

It really looks like they've learned from their mistakes. This conference was a 180 degree turn from their PS3 debut.

Albeit without showing the actual console.. Pretty bazaar IMO.

Edited by Jo Seph

The difference between the PS3 and PS4 is greater than the difference between the PS2 and PS3.

PS1 > PS2 was a 10x increase

PS2 > PS3 was a 14x increase

PS3 > PS4 is a 16x increase

PS1 (3.5MB RAM total)

2MB Main RAM

1MB VRAM

0.5MB Audio RAM

PS2 (36MB total)

32MB Main RAM

4MB VRAM

PS3 (512MB total)

256MB Main RAM

256MB VRAM

PS4 (8192MB total)

8GB Unified RAM

I'm freaking excited.

Edited by CaptainOfIndustry

I'm totally eating crow on everything I said in this thread about graphics not needing to get better. I'm a graphics whore once again.

This is unreal:

ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

I love looking at stuff like this now, and remembering all those arguments about C64 games being too dependent on flashy graphics instead of great gameplay, like on the Vic20.

It's also amusing that the biggest 'wow' element of those clips for me is the muddy puddles. I'm like "Check out that mud! It's so real!"