• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Just re-bought a Super Nintendo.......

Earthbound :cloud9:

earthboudbox.jpg

earthbondback.jpg

You know that Earthbound is one of the most popular game to buy on eBay? It's crazy!

Video Games Trending

nothing new! They've been steadily trending up for a long time. They are a good 200+ loose now and 700-1000 for a copy that's complete with the box, guide, all inserts. I'd say 4k or more if you find an unopened one.

Nintendo really needs to re-release Earthbound.

I'm not going to pay $200 or $700-1000 for a old game :ohnoez:

I just found out that the makers of Metal Gear Rising are the same people that made Bayonetta.

Platinum Games is evil and torture gamers with very difficult games :ohnoez:

Yep. But they make the best action games ever.

Check out Vanquish too, it's an amazing TPS. One of the hardest plats on the PS3. :gossip:

Oh don't get me wrong lol

They do make great action games,it's just they're hard as hell :ohnoez:

I just beat Metal Gear Rising on normal. The last boss nearly gave me a stroke, but it was so satisfying to win. Great frickin game. :headbang:

whoa, already!?!

I haven't even had time to go out and buy it! lol

I heard the first little bit is extremely difficult? Trying? I can't remember... but I heard I've heard some mixed things.

There's definitely a learning curve, but the game is pretty difficult all the way through, even after you figure out what you're supposed to do. The final boss fight took me 2 hours of retries to finally finish, and there's a boss fight in the middle of the game that's rough too. But it's the fun kind of difficult; it feels good to learn and overcome.

My advice would be, if you're playing on normal or higher, learn how to parry and block right away, because you'll be forced to learn it later. You can't button-mash.

Just re-bought a Super Nintendo.......

Earthbound :cloud9:

earthboudbox.jpg

earthbondback.jpg

You know that Earthbound is one of the most popular game to buy on eBay? It's crazy!

Video Games Trending

nothing new! They've been steadily trending up for a long time. They are a good 200+ loose now and 700-1000 for a copy that's complete with the box, guide, all inserts. I'd say 4k or more if you find an unopened one.

Nintendo really needs to re-release Earthbound.

I'm not going to pay $200 or $700-1000 for a old game :ohnoez:

Why not? I do it all the time. :insane:

Seriously if that's how you feel about it why not just play it on emulator.

Or get a powerpak, I recommend those things every chance I get. You can load as many snes games as you want onto one cartridge, and then the whole snes library is at your fingertips, through one cartridge, for less than the price of a single earthbound.

Or to bring it into comic book terms, there's lots of cheap reprints yo! :foryou:

So don't get hung up on the cost of the originals (shrug)

This is to CaptainOfIndustry.

I just found out that I have to beat Bayonetta on Climax mode to get platinum :ohnoez:

Platinum Games really wants to challenge gamers :insane:

Climax mode is pretty much the same as hard, but there's no witch-time when you evade an attack, which takes a lot of getting used to. That's what I've been working on for a long time now. Luckily there's an amulet you can acquire that automatically goes into witch-time when you get hit, which helps.

I just found out that the makers of Metal Gear Rising are the same people that made Bayonetta.

Check out Vanquish too, it's an amazing TPS. One of the hardest plats on the PS3. :gossip:

I just beat Metal Gear Rising on normal. The last boss nearly gave me a stroke, but it was so satisfying to win. Great frickin game. :headbang:

whoa, already!?!

I heard the first little bit is extremely difficult? Trying? I can't remember... but I heard I've heard some mixed things.

There's definitely a learning curve, but the game is pretty difficult all the way through, even after you figure out what you're supposed to do. The final boss fight took me 2 hours of retries to finally finish, and there's a boss fight in the middle of the game that's rough too. But it's the fun kind of difficult; it feels good to learn and overcome.

My advice would be, if you're playing on normal or higher, learn how to parry and block right away, because you'll be forced to learn it later. You can't button-mash.

Yeah,I found out while playing Bayonetta that button-mashing isn't a good idea.

I like that they're making gamers actually put some skill to beating their games.

I just found out that I have to beat Bayonetta on Climax mode to get platinum :ohnoez:

Climax mode is pretty much the same as hard, but there's no witch-time when you evade an attack, which takes a lot of getting used to. That's what I've been working on for a long time now. Luckily there's an amulet you can acquire that automatically goes into witch-time when you get hit, which helps.

Sounds like a good idea hm

I just checked. The accessory is called "Selene's Light". The other one you wanna get is the "Evil Harvest Rosary" which does damage to the enemy every time you successfully dodge.

whoa, already!?!

Yeah,I found out while playing Bayonetta that button-mashing isn't a good idea.

I like that they're making gamers actually put some skill to beating their games.

Me too. Definitely check out the Devil May Cry HD collection and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2, if you like these sorts of games.

climax mode? The jokes write themselves :insane:

Yep, it's intentional. This chick is a witch and her clothes are made out of hair. Every time she does a supper attack, the hair unravels and she's naked. It's totally over the top and making fun of itself, but that's the charm. Under the surface, the combat mechanics are masterclass.

I just checked. The accessory is called "Selene's Light". The other one you wanna get is the "Evil Harvest Rosary" which does damage to the enemy every time you successfully dodge.

Thanks for the tip :)

So my strategy would be dodge,dodge,dodge :insane:

climax mode? The jokes write themselves :insane:

Yep, it's intentional. This chick is a witch and her clothes are made out of hair. Every time she does a supper attack, the hair unravels and she's naked. It's totally over the top and making fun of itself, but that's the charm. Under the surface, the combat mechanics are masterclass.

Yeah,I thought it was funny too lol

I love the combat mechanics of the game.

The one thing I didn't like about the game is the camrea angles :P

Me too. Definitely check out the Devil May Cry HD collection and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2, if you like these sorts of games.

How hard is the DMC HD collection?

DMC 1 and 3 are the ones worth playing; skip 2.

DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta and now Metal Gear Rising are all games that demand the player learn the combat system to be successful, so they're all pretty tough on the default setting, and murderous on higher difficulties. But they're so satisfying to learn. You can do some insane combos in these games and really master them to the point that you can go through the whole game without getting hit, if you're good enough.

So yeah, they're tough. How tough exactly really depends on you, it's hard to say.

See, Platinum are diabolical geniuses, so even that won't work. If you spam the dodge button 5 times in a row (I think), Bayonetta gets stunned/dizzy for a few seconds. You just have to get the timing down, there's no way around it. Same thing for Metal Gear Rising: you have to get the timing down on the blocks and parries, or you'll get eaten alive.

See, Platinum are diabolical geniuses, so even that won't work. If you spam the dodge button 5 times in a row (I think), Bayonetta gets stunned/dizzy for a few seconds. You just have to get the timing down, there's no way around it. Same thing for Metal Gear Rising: you have to get the timing down on the blocks and parries, or you'll get eaten alive.

Hmm...good advice hm

I read on Wikipedia that the creator of Bayonetta also created Devil May Cry 1 :insane:

Edited by Marvelfangirl