• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

This made me lol

No question about it. I am going with the PS4 as Microsoft got greedy with it`s X-BOX ONE.

I don`t wont to go thru a whole bunch of hoops to buy used games.

It will be the PS4 for me. :cloud9:

I wanted an X-Box One, but the more I read about it the more I'm dissapointed. I'm really not sure what direction to go now.

My issue is that I barely play or touch my PS3. I own one game, DC Universe Online, that is now free for download.

I'm thinking I'll just be waiting a while.

I'm always cautious about buying a new console until I've seen reports about its reliability. I still have many PS3 games to do, so no need to retire it yet.

Sony said FU to Microsoft lol

PS4 will dominate the console wars.

Everyone thought this when the XBox came out. Then again when the XBox 360 came out. Everyone laughed at the fact that Microsoft didn't include a Bluray player. Now it isn't even a battle between Sony and XBox. Xbox has crushed Sony.

And that is why I'm hesitant to run out and buy a PS4. Right now on paper it seems like the better system. But the same could be said about the PS3.

Sony said FU to Microsoft lol

PS4 will dominate the console wars.

Everyone thought this when the XBox came out. Then again when the XBox 360 came out. Everyone laughed at the fact that Microsoft didn't include a Bluray player. Now it isn't even a battle between Sony and XBox. Xbox has crushed Sony.

And that is why I'm hesitant to run out and buy a PS4. Right now on paper it seems like the better system. But the same could be said about the PS3.

Sony cares about its customers as seen during the conference when they announced that there was no DRM, they support used games, doesn't require 24 hour check in, and doesn't need to be connected online. Let's also not forget about what happened when the 360 came out with the Red Ring of Death. I had to get it sent in 3 times, til I finally decided to switch to a PS3 and I haven't had one problem since I bought it. Sony's hardware is better, they care about the consumer, and they've constantly had great games

PS4 has faster ram, but otherwise the specs are similar. Forcing the Kinect on everyone hurts Microsoft from a price perspective for sure.

I preordered a PS4.

I'll eventually get ONE just not at launch...probably after at least a 100 price drop and there has to be a halo game. Maybe if the do a Halo edition if it looks good I'll pull the trigger in fall 2014.

PS4 will play used games & won't require always-online connection.

Plus,a $399 price tag.

SONY RULES!! :headbang:

:o

Is this true????!!!!???

This alone could sway my choice over to the PS4.

Same here but I hear you will need a Playstation Plus membership to play online

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-playstation-plus-required-for-ps4-online-play

At its E3 press briefing, Sony confirmed that PlayStation 4 will require PlayStation Plus in order to play games online. This is similar to Microsoft's current approach to online gaming with Xbox Live Gold. At the same time, Sony also confirmed that you'll be able to play all single-player games as well as use all media services without subscribing to PS+. Your current PS3 membership will transfer over to PS4.

$100 cheaper, you can play used games without a fee, you don't have to connect to the internet, it doesn't require some gimmicky motion sensor....why would anyone choose X-Box this time around?

Even without all of the silly restrictions and rules, I wouldn't fork over $500 for a gaming system. I probably won't do $400 either, but a year or two down the road when I buy a system at half of the launch price I know which one I will likely be choosing.

Yoshida: 'PS4 is region free'.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/11/yoshida-ps4-is-region-free/..The PlayStation 4 is "region free," according to Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida. At Monday's E3 conference, Sony announced its new console will launch at $399, and comes with "no restrictions" on used games. Afterwards, Yoshida took to Twitter with the extra bit of PS4 news.

It's unclear if Yoshida's statement indicates the PS4 will be region-free in the same way the PS3 is. The PS3 can play game discs no matter which geographical region they're tied to, minus the sole exception of Persona 4 Arena. There are region-based PlayStation Network restrictions when it comes to downloadable games on the PS3.

Update: When approached about Yoshida's comment, a Sony Computer Entertainment spokesperson gave us the following statement:

"In general, neither digital or disc-based games will be region locked, but we recommend users purchase games at the region of their residence to guarantee the best overall consumer experience (eg, customer service). In addition, certain software makers' game titles may be region locked."

Sony cares about its customers as seen during the conference when they announced that there was no DRM, they support used games, doesn't require 24 hour check in, and doesn't need to be connected online. Let's also not forget about what happened when the 360 came out with the Red Ring of Death. I had to get it sent in 3 times, til I finally decided to switch to a PS3 and I haven't had one problem since I bought it. Sony's hardware is better, they care about the consumer, and they've constantly had great games

I get your point. I was on my 4th XBox when I traded it in for the new Slim model. What you are forgetting, or more my point, is despite all the limitations, XBox has outsold Sony time and time again. Microsoft can do that with a system that breaks down AND charging for live service. You have to wonder why that is possible.

Personal feelings or bias aside, sales numbers don't lie.

I get your point. I was on my 4th XBox when I traded it in for the new Slim model. What you are forgetting, or more my point, is despite all the limitations, XBox has outsold Sony time and time again. Microsoft can do that with a system that breaks down AND charging for live service. You have to wonder why that is possible.

I have by no means done extensive research on this, but according to this article the 360 has sold more, but the ps3 has sold more every year since they have both been released. The only reason it appears the Xbox has sold more is because of its early release. It doesn't look like its outselling it time and time again.

http://gamercheeese.com/2013/02/18/xbox-360-vs-ps3-the-console-wars-numbers-game/

PS4 will play used games & won't require always-online connection.

Plus,a $399 price tag.

SONY RULES!! :headbang:

:o

Is this true????!!!!???

This alone could sway my choice over to the PS4.

Same here but I hear you will need a Playstation Plus membership to play online

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-playstation-plus-required-for-ps4-online-play

At its E3 press briefing, Sony confirmed that PlayStation 4 will require PlayStation Plus in order to play games online. This is similar to Microsoft's current approach to online gaming with Xbox Live Gold. At the same time, Sony also confirmed that you'll be able to play all single-player games as well as use all media services without subscribing to PS+. Your current PS3 membership will transfer over to PS4.

The only reason I don't already have a Playstation Plus membership is because I have an XBox Live Membership, and don't want to pay for both. But, that said, I think that currently the Playstation Plus membership is the better deal. With the discounts and free game downloads Sony offers, it's easy to get back the cost of the membership. XBox offers no such incentives, the membership is basically forced on you if you have the console. So as long as Sony continues to make the membership worth having, I'm ok with that.

My initial draw to the 360 was Halo and the online gameplay. As time has gone on, I find that I use my friends list less and less, and aside from Halo 4 (which I'm getting a bit bored of), I hardly ever play online anymore.

I have by no means done extensive research on this, but according to this article the 360 has sold more, but the ps3 has sold more every year since they have both been released. The only reason it appears the Xbox has sold more is because of its early release. It doesn't look like its outselling it time and time again.

http://gamercheeese.com/2013/02/18/xbox-360-vs-ps3-the-console-wars-numbers-game/

Here is the article I was refering to.

Yep, people always forget that the 360 had a head start with sales but as you mentioned the PS3 has outsold the 360 year v year and has lifetime sales actually caught up and over taken recently.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250980/playstation-3-lifetime-sales-overtakes-the-xbox-360/

I think microsoft is overly depending on brand loyalty. They dont seem to remember most of the people that have a 360 used to have a ps2 and probably bought a 360 because it was cheaper than the ps3 at launch. I bought a ps3 first last time too due to the bluray feature and this time ps4 is first due to price and customer friendly policies.

I'm 80% sure down the road when the console is cheaper and Halo 5 is out I will probably get an Xbox One...that is such a stupid name.

Yep, people always forget that the 360 had a head start with sales but as you mentioned the PS3 has outsold the 360 year v year and has lifetime sales actually caught up and over taken recently.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250980/playstation-3-lifetime-sales-overtakes-the-xbox-360/

The above article throws your point out the window.

PS3 has outsold the 360 as of January, 77 million PS3's to 76 million 360's, the PS3 was released a year after the XBox so it had a years worth of sales to catch up on which it finally did

the original XBox sold 24 million as of 2006 and the PS2 sold over 150 million so i don't know how they have outsold Sony time and time again