• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Kind of a change of pace from the GTA5 talk, but I picked this up off eBay recently. I kind of hate that the guide is sealed up to be honest! I will probably open it up at some point. Game is not sealed, but plastic is only cut open at the top.

$(KGrHqV,!nsFHgJIM28dBR-trWKbbQ~~60_57.JPG

Edited by yecul

Anyone going to play Grand Theft Auto 5?

Oh yeah! The online mode looks absolutely AMAZING!!

Same here. The content is endless.

I have the special edition pre-ordered for PS3.. might downgrade to the regular version, but pick up the limited edition hardcover strategy book as a replacement.

Oh yeah! The online mode looks absolutely AMAZING!!

Same here. The content is endless.

I have the special edition pre-ordered for PS3.. might downgrade to the regular version, but pick up the limited edition hardcover strategy book as a replacement.

Anybody else turned off by 'endless' content? I want games not massive escapes that take over my life

Oh yeah, I have had it preordered for about six months. The trailers and previews look awesome, can't wait. I wasn't a fan of GTA 4 but every other game in the series since it went 3D was awesome.

Anybody else turned off by 'endless' content? I want games not massive escapes that take over my life

In the past they've tried to put a lot into the game, and a lot of things didn't work great. They were good ideas but I think they went for too much and didn't have time or space or money to flesh it all out. Hopefully that's changed. If they can't make some time killing puzzle game within the game fun to play, why add it in?

Can't wait for GTA 5, but will only last 2 months as trading in ps3, thinking of getting ps4 and xbone, as some exclusives I really want
I'll likely not get a PS4 until my PS3 breaks. I use it so much as a media player I'd never get rid of it. And I hardly play video games at all so I'm in no rush to buy launch titles at full price. I've been playing a lot of MW3, but before that I hadn't been really into a game in a while.

In the past they've tried to put a lot into the game, and a lot of things didn't work great. They were good ideas but I think they went for too much and didn't have time or space or money to flesh it all out. Hopefully that's changed. If they can't make some time killing puzzle game within the game fun to play, why add it in?

right. to me, less is more when it comes to the length of a game. Give me a short top quality experience, don't drag me into an unenjoyable 100 hour morass of gaming

right. to me, less is more when it comes to the length of a game. Give me a short top quality experience, don't drag me into an unenjoyable 100 hour morass of gaming

Well the main mission was always short enough, and the rest is optional. I don't try to get 100% completion, but I do like things to do when I get burned out on missions. But I agree, if they could do ten things, or do five things good, I'll take the five things.

I can take a game like GTA or Elder Scrolls at times. I will get into it and pour in the hours. But I can't approach 100% by a long shot.

But games like Last of Us and Uncharted? Tight, well executed, but not overly long games? Throw them my way all day long.

Getting back to retro, I scored a Duck Tales 2 CIB a little while back. That was fun.