• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

hmm, so 1 for Far Cry 3 and 1 for Uncharted so far lol

Uncharted is cheaper so I may just go that route

I finished both games, and loved both games. I'm also in love with the Uncharted series as a whole.

With that being said...Far Cry 3 all the way. It was arguably the best game released last year, and if you do all the content, you'll get at least 30 hours of single player out of it. The main story alone is a solid 20 hours, and it was one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played.

When it comes to video game talk, I just can't control myself. :insane:

Sweeeeetarse SMB by the way. :cloud9:

This http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6117092#Post6117092 is in the WC. I've been engrossed in Assassins Creed III since Christmas. So much fun and so immersive.

Wish I could say the same. I love the time period the game is set in, the seriousness of the story, and the mind-blowing visuals. Unfortunately, the gameplay does not match up to the stellar production values, not even in the slightest. And for a game with "Assassin's" in the title, it's real light on the assassinations, unlike previous entries. Oh, and I hate the Desmond parts. Always have in this series.

I'm 8 hours in and I don't even want to finish.

I had such a bad time playing the first assassin's creed (after being hyped for so long) that I never touched another one...

Most people tell me that Assassin's Creed 2 is the real deal but I never got around to even try it... I just don't care much for that game.

I actually skipped AC on recommendations here. I picked AC2 to get ready for AC3 and AC2 is the bomb. There are holes in the AC3 gameplay. Personally, I think the AI is dumb in many places. The visuals are amazing and the story is great. There may be a lack of real "assassinations" but there's plenty of violence in the form of killing people. The Desmond parts are take it or leave it for me.

I think AC 2 was the best one by far, but to be fair I skipped Brotherhood and Revelations.

The first AC blew my mind, but that was back in 2007, and it was the visuals and historical setting that made an impression, and it's safe to say that it hasn't aged well because of what has come after it. Ironically though, the first game has you feeling like a real assassin since the primary focus on the game is individual targets you have to assassinate, with little else to do in the world.

AC 3 has been streamlined in the gameplay department, is light on the assassinations, but is beefed up with all this extra side content that, while cool, doesn't really fit with the premise of the game, IMO.

So for me, AC 2 > AC > AC 3. If you're going to try one, I'd definitely say AC 2 is the way to go.

This http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6117092#Post6117092 is in the WC. I've been engrossed in Assassins Creed III since Christmas. So much fun and so immersive.

Wish I could say the same. I love the time period the game is set in, the seriousness of the story, and the mind-blowing visuals. Unfortunately, the gameplay does not match up to the stellar production values, not even in the slightest. And for a game with "Assassin's" in the title, it's real light on the assassinations, unlike previous entries. Oh, and I hate the Desmond parts. Always have in this series.

I'm 8 hours in and I don't even want to finish.

I'm having the same problems with AC III. I really digged the previous entries. I feel like there is something missing, even from a visual standpoint. It doesn't feel quite as polished as the previous games that were set in Italy. The AC games have always started out slow but picked up a few hours in. I feel like I have been waiting for the game to pick up and it hasn't. I'm about 10 hours into the game. Maybe I'm just not used to the fact that it's set in Boston & NY and the architecture is bland in comparison. It was amazing to run around Florence and climb the gorgeous architecture. It's just not the same so far.

Edited by Comixcroz

I play my 3ds mostly, and I'm excited that Club Nintendo has Punch-Out and Gameboy Tetris for free this month (with points) in the US. Something about playing Punch-Out on a handheld is awesome. Also, I recently found Contra 4 for DS at Target for $5. Great game, and the original Contra is unlockable. Now, if only I had time to play games...

How does that work?

For Club Nintendo, there's a code inside the case when you buy games at retail. You input the code at clubnintendo.com and take surveys about the game, which gives you points. There are downloadable games "free" with points that switch out every so often.

For Contra 4, you have to complete the game on a certain difficulty level to unlock the original Contra (I have yet to do it).

You should try out Dishonored, I think you might like that one.

Combining the gameplay of Dishonored with the setting/atmosphere of the Assassin's Creed games would be perfection. What I like about that game is that you can complete your assassination missions without directly killing anyone. There's even a trophy if you can pull it off throughout the entire game.

I play my 3ds mostly, and I'm excited that Club Nintendo has Punch-Out and Gameboy Tetris for free this month (with points) in the US. Something about playing Punch-Out on a handheld is awesome. Also, I recently found Contra 4 for DS at Target for $5. Great game, and the original Contra is unlockable. Now, if only I had time to play games...

How does that work?

For Club Nintendo, there's a code inside the case when you buy games at retail. You input the code at clubnintendo.com and take surveys about the game, which gives you points. There are downloadable games "free" with points that switch out every so often.

For Contra 4, you have to complete the game on a certain difficulty level to unlock the original Contra (I have yet to do it).

contra 4 is highly recommended. awesome game.

Combining the gameplay of Dishonored with the setting/atmosphere of the Assassin's Creed games would be perfection. What I like about that game is that you can complete your assassination missions without directly killing anyone. There's even a trophy if you can pull it off throughout the entire game.

Isn't there a Tom Clancy title like that? Can't you try to do some of the missions in Splinter Cell without killing?

I'll take a look at Dishonored. From the cover and the title, I just assumed it was another military title like Black Ops.

Isn't there a Tom Clancy title like that? Can't you try to do some of the missions in Splinter Cell without killing?

I'll take a look at Dishonored. From the cover and the title, I just assumed it was another military title like Black Ops.

Yeah, the original Splinter Cell games on the PS2/Xbox were primarily stealth. They have an HD collection out for those on the PS3/360 if you're interested.

Another game that gives you choice, like Dishonored, is Deus Ex: Human Revolution which is a shooter/RPG hybrid. Other than bosses, you can stealth your way through the entire game and even avoid conflict through conversation choices. You can also do the opposite and kill random NPCs at any time. Great game, and it's like $20 now.

Just re-bought a Super Nintendo

you'll have a great time. powerpak... look it up

retrousb.com

(no, not mine... but highly recommended)

That's pretty cool. Didn't even know it existed.