• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Just finished up with skyrim. Great game. Long game. I left plenty Indonesian buy felt I hit up enough. At some point you have to move on if you want to play other stuff.

yeah i'm 100 hrs into skyrim and not even close to finishing. The game is staggering

Just started playing braid on the ps3. really great and fun game.

Last game I finished was Uncharted 1 on Crushing difficulty level. Not generally that hard overall, just a few short sections which are very challenging.

Playing Guild Wars 2. Still new game in which I like many features but the game has its downfalls as well which I assume will be fixed over time as the updates come out. Overall though fun game which has a decent community that support it. Lots of things to do in it to keep you busy.

re-playing Fallout 3 _(game of the year edition) ...for about the 5th time lol

Such an awesome game! I was kinda disappointed with New Vegas, kept running into game breaking glitches and had to start over. Only beat it once, maybe I should give it another try...

That is more than I am willing to give it. Fallout 3 did have some issues with freezing but it was a far superior game to New Vegas. Story, game play, characters. Trust Obsidian to muck-up an awesome franchisee, just like with KOTOR II.

re-playing Fallout 3 _(game of the year edition) ...for about the 5th time lol

Such an awesome game! I was kinda disappointed with New Vegas, kept running into game breaking glitches and had to start over. Only beat it once, maybe I should give it another try...

That is more than I am willing to give it. Fallout 3 did have some issues with freezing but it was a far superior game to New Vegas. Story, game play, characters. Trust Obsidian to muck-up an awesome franchisee, just like with KOTOR II.

What happened to KOTOR II? (Haven't played either KOTOR)

You should try out Dishonored, I think you might like that one.

Combining the gameplay of Dishonored with the setting/atmosphere of the Assassin's Creed games would be perfection. What I like about that game is that you can complete your assassination missions without directly killing anyone. There's even a trophy if you can pull it off throughout the entire game.

I enjoyed Dishonored. My set up is on my PC. The game was tailor made for dual core processors and was one of the smoothest PC games I've ever played. I'm hoping they continue down this road because, as of right now, most games are still only optimized for a single core.

What happened to KOTOR II? (Haven't played either KOTOR)

If you play them, and I suggest you do, you will see what I am talking about. The end of KOTOR II can only be described as a total cop-out and it ruined the entire game. There is also something about Obsidian games that they always seem rushed and unfinished. Even so, I played both multiple times.

Right now I am trying to 1000 point Wheel of Fortune....real low point in my gaming life....lol

Dude, have you tried Far Cry 3 yet? It's so awesome, and it's an easy 1000 gamer points. :cloud9:

Right now I am trying to 1000 point Wheel of Fortune....real low point in my gaming life....lol

Dude, have you tried Far Cry 3 yet? It's so awesome, and it's an easy 1000 gamer points. :cloud9:

What's up bro....I have not picked that one up yet. I have heard its good. I picked up Hitman...which I heard was great...I can't get into it. Can't do the steath thing that well....alway end up with guns blazing...which it not the right way to play it. lol

What's up bro....I have not picked that one up yet. I have heard its good. I picked up Hitman...which I heard was great...I can't get into it. Can't do the steath thing that well....alway end up with guns blazing...which it not the right way to play it. lol

Someone gave me Hitman for Christmas, but I haven't opened it yet. Far Cry 3 is right up your alley; it's a great 30 hour single-player campaign with no tedious achievements and lots of fun side content.

Someone gave me Hitman for Christmas, but I haven't opened it yet. Far Cry 3 is right up your alley; it's a great 30 hour single-player campaign with no tedious achievements and lots of fun side content.

Nice. Every shooter I have been playing has not grabbed me....maybe I am burning out on shooters. Been killing wheel of fortune....lol. Also bought two. Texas holdem games....bleckkkkkkk.....lol

That's the thing about shooters. They all feel the same after a while, a least to me. I burn out on them real quick. I haven't picked one up in years and really have no desire to.

That's the thing about shooters. They all feel the same after a while, a least to me. I burn out on them real quick. I haven't picked one up in years and really have no desire to.
I feel the same way the market is flooded with shooters and non-shooter get over look. But we have gotten some great game like journey, the Walking dead, braid and a couple of more games that can think at this moment.

You may be right....I have played every (maybe...I am sure there are a few I have not....but I have played most) xbox 360 shooter. They just don't grab me like they once did.

You may be right....I have played every (maybe...I am sure there are a few I have not....but I have played most) xbox 360 shooter. They just don't grab me like they once did.

Wow, that's impressive. I've played probably 10% as many shooters as that and I burned out on that! :insane:

Try something else for a while; you might really enjoy a change. 2c

Everyone's mileage will vary, but personally I like to change it up between current and retro platforms and between consoles and handhelds and rarely play the same genre twice in a row. There's so much good stuff out there, the biggest limitation is time!

I've played most, and for what it's worth, I really think Far Cry 3 is a cut above.

I definitely feel that way about military shooters. I won't touch them at this point. But there are shooters like Bioshock, Borderlands 2, and Crysis 2 that manage to stand out.